Lush Led vs Advanced Led Featuring Ace of Spades

pretty pics :high-five:

It's such a shame she's a low yielder coz those buds look delicious

well I'm really upset , I installed the Autopilot ph controller two nights ago and it seemed to be working great for two days.
today at six am I was walking by my room and I heard the ph pump running constantly. went in to check and the controller was reading low ph error and the pump was just running, it had dumped the whole contents of the ph adjuster into the res and the res was now at 3.8.
luckily I was using Earthjuices natural down mixed in ro water . now i have to do an emergency res change.
the controller failed in the worse possible way. I will be returning it.

APCEPH1_0.png

do not buy this ph controller. It failed in the worst possible way. ph pump ran constantly until all of the ph adjuster was in my res.
controller was locked out on error yet the ph pump was still running.

This round is half way through the seventh week of flower so I just switched to the flush res about a week early.

got this controller cause it was a decent price and I've had good luck with other Autopilot controllers , I wouldn't trust it again I think I'm lucky that this round is at the stage it is , smaller plants would probably be died. who knows how this is going to effect them now but if this would have happened mid cycle I'm sure it would have been worse.

its a pain but I just manually check and adjust daily
I don't like to rely on electronics to many things can fail hell even the
ph pen can go nuts and you gotta replace it over time

its a pain but I just manually check and adjust daily
I don't like to rely on electronics to many things can fail hell even the
ph pen can go nuts and you gotta replace it over time

I usually adjust my res manually , I purchased the controller for when I'm away for a few days. I installed it on friday after a res change because I wanted to test it and right after a res change the ph tends swing up fast for a couple days before leveling out. worked great for a couple days then sun 6am I get up to piss and I hear the ph pump just running and running, I knew right away that was bad.
I'm just glad I used an natural ph adjuster (Citric acid) and not a phosphoric acid adjuster.

My pH pen mysteriously lost accuracy by .4 my last grow. I caught it, but not after chasing my tail for a couple weeks. It wasn't out enough to be obvious to me right away. Recalibrated and all was fine after that, but I'm certain it cost me in the end.

Man Ronnie, that could have been catastrophic. Grats on being in the right place at the right time dude.

:cool:

My pH pen mysteriously lost accuracy by .4 my last grow. I caught it, but not after chasing my tail for a couple weeks. It wasn't out enough to be obvious to me right away. Recalibrated and all was fine after that, but I'm certain it cost me in the end.

Man Ronnie, that could have been catastrophic. Grats on being in the right place at the right time dude.

:cool:

Hey GC
I calibrate my meters regularly , my guardian works great and saves me alot of time.
I'm glad I caught it , but I was just lucky this round is so far along and that I decided to use the citric acid adjuster and not the phosphoric acid adjuster.

That's good karma man. Catching the malfunction and using a citric. I checked mine on a regular basis my first grow with it, and the second, I took it for granted and it bit me. No doubt simply verifying through a quick calibration at the start would have fixed it, but nah...too easy.

yikes 3.8 is low! :yikes:

I still have dreams of auto adding ph adjusters, along with other things, but having this happen is the worst possible failure. hmmmm... if it's any consolation, I'm going to keep this little story in mind when I get to building mine. The peristaltic pumps' default should be off! Ideally you would want the system to monitor itself to catch this sort of error condition. The problem is getting a system to realize it's doing something wrong. I write code for a living. This is a problem I try to deal with a lot. It's not easy. :blalol:

I gotta agree with TheCapn on digital timers too. I have had mixed results with them. Basically the same issue Ronnie just had. I've had my digital cycle timers lockup on me. I have 2. One is fine, the other sucks. It will occasionally latch on or off. I use this one for my DIY cloner, so it's pretty easy to monitor. I'm in the garden a lot, so if I don't hear the thing cycle while I'm down there, I reset the timer.

Dammit Ronnie, I just spent an hour researching more automation stuff :blalol:

yikes 3.8 is low! :yikes:

I still have dreams of auto adding ph adjusters, along with other things, but having this happen is the worst possible failure. hmmmm... if it's any consolation, I'm going to keep this little story in mind when I get to building mine. The peristaltic pumps' default should be off! Ideally you would want the system to monitor itself to catch this sort of error condition. The problem is getting a system to realize it's doing something wrong. I write code for a living. This is a problem I try to deal with a lot. It's not easy. :blalol:

I gotta agree with TheCapn on digital timers too. I have had mixed results with them. Basically the same issue Ronnie just had. I've had my digital cycle timers lockup on me. I have 2. One is fine, the other sucks. It will occasionally latch on or off. I use this one for my DIY cloner, so it's pretty easy to monitor. I'm in the garden a lot, so if I don't hear the thing cycle while I'm down there, I reset the timer.

Dammit Ronnie, I just spent an hour researching more automation stuff :blalol:

Hey Hiker , Thanks for stopping by.
Yeah I still want to find a reliable auto ph set up. I sometimes leave town for a couple days and everything else is automated. I'm also interested in getting a solar setup to run some of my room. :)

Luckily the plants were so far along that nothing happened to them.

this round looks to be finished , will start harvesting in the next couple days. here's a couple pics of buds before harvest

DSCF13153.JPG
DSCF13143.JPG
DSCF13131.JPG
DSCF13112.JPG
DSCF13103.JPG
DSCF13083.JPG

I'm really excited on the HSO Emdog pheno hunt for next round , I now have five seedlings looking good. new journal will start when four of them are transplanted into the big system. :)

DSCF13043.JPG
DSCF13053.JPG

Nice grow! I too have went through a variety of PH pens. This grow had me chasing PH issues for almost a month until I figured out the pen was crapped out, thank god for the old back up drop kit.

Congrats on your impending harvest buddy :cheer:

Thanks skunny , next round should be more fun. :)

Nice grow! I too have went through a variety of PH pens. This grow had me chasing PH issues for almost a month until I figured out the pen was crapped out, thank god for the old back up drop kit.

my PH monitor works great , I had an issue with a auto PH controller. when ever in doubt I clean and calibrate the meter , I always keep the drops back up too.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Back
Top Bottom