M1's Multi Strain - 1500W - DWC/Soil - Grow - Lots of Resources

Re: M1's Multi Strain 1500W DWC/Soil Grow (Lots of resourses)

I have used only a few different soils.

Miracle grow - When I very first started growing I used this. Seedlings did sprout and it seemed fine but there was a incredible mishap with those plants so I didnt see a full grow by any means under MG I can say the plants showed a deficiency a lot faster and more frequent . I believe that happened because the soil is a time release soil. Just like medicine that is time released it simply means it delivers what it needs slower over time. For what we are growing I consider this issue to be a extreme disadvantage. Still there are growers who have grown a full crop under it but still I wouldnt suggest it and I'm sure they wouldn't recommend it either.

Humboldt Nutrients- This soil is weird. What I mean by that is the consistency of quality is so varied I dont know if im getting that amazing soil from the last bag or if its gonna be mostly bark and perlite with the consistency of putting your hand in a dustpile. When its good its great. When its bad it makes you curse the fact that you even bought the damn huge bale size. It drains so fast when its the dust quality. It almost drains as if the water was going into the bucket and draining with nothing in the bucket to even slow it down. It has huge pieces (not Chips) but 1, 2 even 3 inch pieces of bark and to me nothing says cheap filler in soil like bark. Perlite is also used as a huge filler but at least it has many uses. Im not saying a little bit of bark is a issue since it retains water well but these people simply overdo it.If you can almost take enough bark out to contemplate it being a treehouse then you know there is a problem. I amend it most of the time and Ive used it solely by itself for 2 grows.

Fox farm

Fox farm is the most consistent soil I have found. A few times the ocean forest has not been to consistent quality that I demand. I have never once been unhappy with the happy frog soil. Happy frog is the soil fox farm has for seedlings. I have finished plants in happy frog 1 grow and it worked amazingly. I ammend the happy frog on top of the perlite layer to help develop the rootball and below that I use ocean Forrest. A lot of people say it burns hot meaning to high of ph. With the amount of quality organics involved that doesnt surprise me and it shouldnt of ever been a surprise to anyone really as the sheer amount of quality products in it would make the ph high. It has never been a problem for me even when I start to finish in just ocean Forrest and perlite.

As far as nutrients I use fox farms grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom. I have grown really decent crops using just these with the fox farm soil with very little problem. I now use products that are synthetic such as Big bud,Bud candy and overdrive. Bud candy is a pinkish color it smells alright and is supposed to make the bud more flavorful. Do I think it does? Im not certain because I use many different products to develop a nice flavor.Big bud and overdrive I believe to be just a simple molasses in with the other ingredients but for their prices I probably wont buy them again as I have other products to substitute that are cheaper and I can just buy molasses for far cheaper but these products do work they seem to give me a extra flowering cycle and add volume to those nugs which is the proclaimed goal. I actually go heavier on these then the directions state but thats because I have used them for a few grows now and know how they affect the plant. I add potash as well as 2 different guanos into a nylon and dunk it into the water and then let it sit there for a day or 2. I do this so the water doesnt get literally all crappy but the nutrients leech into the water. Since Ive done this I can say my yields have increased by at least 20%. The leaves are bigger and just overall seem more happy. I also used unsulphured molasses 1 cup of baby formula per gallon of water. Baby formula absolutely helps as my secret ingredient. The sheer amount of micronutrients contained is awesome plus the plants seem to really love the calcium. I dont give the baby formula every watering because that makes your weed smell like baby formula ive noticed. I also add honey and lemon. Organic clove honey. I cant prove the honey has much effect but I can smell it in the fragrance and I just love to treat my plants with nice things like a orange slice or honey and lemon or a bit of cranberry juice. Things like that

I think this is enough to get a good idea. I could put more but I got other journals to get to and Im start planning off topic subjects I will be presenting. Take care and talk to you later. If I forgot anything let me know and I will come back and address it.Take it easy

First I will cover the research I did, I have to tell you I looked high and low and I'm not sure where you got the idea that if dried with light it will flash the THC away but as far as I can tell this is not true. However there are a few reasons you want to dry in pitch black or as dark as you can obtain.

Number 1 reason to dry in darkness.... Better nugz. When you put your buds into darkness they will actually breakdown the chlorophyll in the leafs and uses up the remaining nutrients that could be left in the buds even after a flush! In essence doing this will result in better tasting buds or less harsh buds.
Thanxx M1. That's good to know as I dry in my closet. The only reason I do this is it's on a clothes hanger already & they're out of sight from guests. Now to find that there's benefits to this, it's a bonus.

Well my thought on this is if you are constantly learning you're growing and when you arent learning anything you're shrinking.
Exactly!

Thanks for the Info joe! I have also used straight Fox farm trio with no additives and I grew some nice plants too!

I have to say I've always used Bud candy since I've found it in all my regiments no matter what nutrient line I've used, Its jam packed with stuff your plants needs such as carbs, amino acids and even good bacteria. A+ in my book. It might not be the single most swaying reason to why you get better taste/aroma but I'm sure just like every little thing we do with out plants push them that much further along.

Would you recommend I use Honey in my system? I could try applying it to only 1 of 2 of my chemdog's to see if perhaps there is a noticeable difference in any qualitys.

Thanks for your post!:bravo:

Sure go for it. It wont hurt anything. I bet the plants can use the sugars from the honey. I just love honey and so wanted my plants to have a taste.

I dont measure it. Id say like a tablespoon worth for the 5 gallon bucket I use to water from

I don't know if you wanna add sugars to a hydro system

Oh yeah you are in hydro I forgot. But I was talking organic soil so I thought to include it.

Thanks cronic, I was actually just reading a few posts about "undesirable effects" from using it in DWC.

Today I am actually watering my Soil plants (most of which have little fully formed buds now) and trying with 1/2 teaspoon per gallon. Honey I have is all natural clove honey.

Once again Thank you all for your support and thanks cronic, joe for watching out for me! as always everyone have a great day!:thumb:

Hey 60cal, Yes indeed It can be helpful on a daily basis, however only if you are not using live microbes or "bennies". not just in keeping algae out but it creates more oxygenated surface space for your roots so in theory you could add the right amount and run your res at a high temp(say if you couldn't lower it for some reason). Personally I would advise not to use Peroxide unless your combating an illness, as far as DWC all your doing is killing off not only bad bacteria but the MANY good bacteria that can form without even adding Bennies yourself.

As you progress as a grower you will find that certain methods such as people who use peroxide everyday(yes they add a specific amount everyday) Have benefits but they do not outweigh the benefits by far of the GOOD bacteria that builds in your system.

Every week when I change the water, I fill with a little hot water ( mine is steam away hot as my hot water comes from the wood boiler)
And rise with bleach, rinse with clean water and lemon juice then it is wiped dry before being filled with water again.

I can't say its the absolute best way but its the way I manage to get it all cleaned up. When I do My RDWC I may cycle Fresh water with a flushing agent/cleaning agent for 15 mins or so to clean the system. Have not thought to much about it yet but I'll have to find something that wont hurt my roots!

Thanks for that ego boost 60cal! I'm more in tuned with outdoor growing up until a few years ago indoor growing was not part of my knowledge. I have such a love for growing this plant! I love to see others plants and the whole experience is awesome to me. I probably will never stop trying new stuff, new idea. See for myself what works and what works better ;)

Thanks for the share M1, sounds like a cleaning agent (store bought)? will be the way to go in between runs. I've been reading toker69's journal on Colloidal Silver, this is something I would like to do in the future maybe in a single small DIY box with a couple cfl's. And cross breeding is so far down the road I don't want to fry my brain on it yet. But since you are a fine grower already I can't wait to see what you will come up with.

Also M1, can you give me your thoughts on average, how wide & tall (on average) a Auto plant will get (NL or WW), I'm asking a lot of people to get the over all average thought.

I'm sure all the answers you have Varied right? lol it really depends. Just like a photo-period the seed is going to be the ultimate decider and there's only a few things you can do to get a little bit more out of an Auto Like a taller pot, keeping lights at 18/6.

Averagely 16-36in would be where an Auto flowering should be at the end. It all depends on what happens, if she is happy the entire grow she will be a nice big plant but if not well you know. For me Auto's are easy but also at the same time they can be unforgiving, few mistakes can ruin your total yield little by little till there is no yield lol. Same note I've seen hydro photo-period effected by root rot/ go through problems during veg and still produced 12Oz at end.

I could tell you how tall they are averagely for me but I grow them in the same room as my Photo's so they are not what they could be but mine is usually around 2-3 feet usually closer to 2, and 3-5 Oz averagely but I've grown 2-4 at a time and swear they all got the same love and still 1 pineapple is bigger/ yields more than the other.

Just you wait 60cal, I got plans!:thumb:

Thanks M1 enjoyed the videos. I'm now starting to think I should go with photo-period, my first thought was the Auto's would be easier but now I'm not sure.
Okay, since I will probably go photo what strain do you think I should start with? (for rookies) I've heard NL's are very rookie friendly.
As for your future plans, I'm on the edge of my seat with my finger on the mouse button.
HAPPY 420/EASTER!!!!!

I'm sure all the answers you have Varied right? lol it really depends. Just like a photo-period the seed is going to be the ultimate decider and there's only a few things you can do to get a little bit more out of an Auto Like a taller pot, keeping lights at 18/6.

Averagely 16-36in would be where an Auto flowering should be at the end. It all depends on what happens, if she is happy the entire grow she will be a nice big plant but if not well you know. For me Auto's are easy but also at the same time they can be unforgiving, few mistakes can ruin your total yield little by little till there is no yield lol. Same note I've seen hydro photo-period effected by root rot/ go through problems during veg and still produced 12Oz at end.

I could tell you how tall they are averagely for me but I grow them in the same room as my Photo's so they are not what they could be but mine is usually around 2-3 feet usually closer to 2, and 3-5 Oz averagely but I've grown 2-4 at a time and swear they all got the same love and still 1 pineapple is bigger/ yields more than the other.

Just you wait 60cal, I got plans!:thumb:

Great post on autos! I agree, I grew almost all autos for about a year and they all finished in that range, never got that many OZs off one but did pretty well.

Hows tricks?

Hey everyone, Comin at ya with day 13 of flower! For now it will just be these pics if you guys wanna see something I didn't take Let me know Water exchange is Tomorrow!

20140422_144945.jpg

Blue Dream with little nugs
20140422_144835.jpg

Blue Dream (sativa dom)
20140422_144908.jpg

Chemdogs's stalk
20140422_144720.jpg

As always I hope everyone has a great day!!:thumb:

I find it interesting that your plants growth forms a slope. Why is that? I mean obviously there is more light in the back but what lights are those front plants going off of? Are they just younger plants

Back
Top Bottom