Macca's Venture Into Autos

Hey chap :)
I may rethink my lighting schedule on autos soon... in my mind as they flower under any timeframe, then I may go 24/0 with them for the flowering portion. To me it makes sense for a dark period to begin with, mainly for root development etc. Yet once flower hits go to full 24 hr light for max production? ?
Just thought I'd put it out there for discussion :)

Hey buddy yea iv seen of 24/0 a few times. I'm sticking on 18/6 this time mainly cos I no it works ok lol. I only have one small grow at a time and I'm scared messing with it Will F it up and I need my meds for my pain. Did any of use petrol heads grow? Fast n vast auto.18/6 start to finish 9 weeks from sprouting. No training and yielded a touch short of 2oz per plant. Off a single 400 hps. And I no these results to be true. That's why I turned to autos. I struggle to get in and out of my room and this basic feed them and let them grow thing is perfect for me. I'm keen to see the outcome of your trained autos bro. See if the results are well worth the training time. I'm sure with you it will be u never fail to grow amazing girls. I always was warned off training autos with there set life cycle they don't need any stunting..... That was my basic understanding but times change my first autos yielded no more that 7g each under a 600 and 12" tall lol some years ago now

Ok firstly autos came about through plants close to the poles. Basically as the nights or days are so extended in these parts of the world. Some species of plant became specialized and could survive on the light schedule where its just light 24/7
That's how I understand it anyway lol. Could be wrong as its just from memory! :)

As for leaving an auto past chop etc I just did it lol. Nothing happens, just the bud sits and degrades slightly. Although I only gave it like a week and a half lol.

So I may try it long term once I harvest one of these next autos Light.

Thanks LA.....U learn something everyday. First strain I grew was himalayas blue. I wonder if the himalayas have long days all year and it was pretty much a direct strain

Plants today I think we're 6 days from them popping out the dirt

DSC_06417.JPG

So the 3x3 rooms looking a touch small. Max I can grow 5 autos in it. This morning I felt fresh well medicated and ready to take on the world.went to the diy shop and bought 20 lengths of 3x2 drew up a scetch and got cracking. The right hand room is 5x5ft that's going to be my new grow room. The left room were tent is is 3x3 that's going to be my wife's walk in wardrobe. Il probably ache now for a good week but the next time I have avoid day il be plasterboarding and hanging doors

Edit# I found the energy to plasterboard it out so it's now ready for patch plastering and doors doors. I feel like I could sleep for a week my back is dun in.

DSC_06465.JPG
DSC_06527.JPG
DSC_06534.JPG

DIY to the max.

Hey jaga I'd go with LED but if I did I'd want a big panel legalise and I simply cannot afford that. One day

I understand the money side as far as the light goes they are all a bit overpriced IMHO:love:

Subbed.

If you go with digital ballast and a cooltube setup, I think you might get the same actual wattage for almost the same money with the Mars Hydro LED's.

Back
Top Bottom