Which will yield more outdoors, topping or LST?

• Total voters

Macdaddy420

Hey guys and girls!
i decided to start a new journal for my outdoor growing season this year.
It’s vastly different from my SOG indoor grow so I thought I would separate the two.
Thanks for stopping by!

Strain: Blue orbit (blueberry x spoetnik#1) bred by jahseeds.ca
Soil: 6”x6” of HP mychorizae soil, then the rest is Mother Earth.
Lights: Flaming ball in the sky
Nutrients: AN grow micro bloom, root booster, cal-mag

End goals: I plan to practice both my topping skills and my LST on these girls. I would like to see how two clones from the same mother handle different training techniques and what my end results will be.
Which will yield more/ grow bigger?

Both of these girls were transplanted outdoors on June 1.
ECEEA08E-6201-4B75-AC83-AC5E0CDEADEC.jpegF81C3472-3FF9-4781-8C3F-FFE04B14845C.jpeg
A strong you can see. The left was topped before it was taken as a clone and the right has not been topped.

After a few days I has decided my goals for this year and what I would like to learn from this grow.

15 days later these girls have got serious growth under their belt. They have really established themselves. It’s only onwards and upwards from here!
61BCBC96-5222-4293-A82F-CDC5770C7A3D.jpeg

159D9C53-CB9B-4C80-A6FF-A10DFABA9352.jpeg

Hey Macdaddy! :headbanger: glad you started a journal for these girls, looking forward to see what they get up to! :ganjamon:
Nice poll! I voted for topping - but topping and LST go together for me. I'd rarely top a plant and just let it do it's thing - i top a plant to concentrate growth to numerous tops instead of one main cola - and so i spread those numerous tops out using LST methods to share the light between all the tops.
Outdoor growing is my favorite as the sun penetrates much deeper than our artificial indoor lighting and there's no restricted space! :yahoo:

Hey Macdaddy! :headbanger: glad you started a journal for these girls, looking forward to see what they get up to! :ganjamon:
Nice poll! I voted for topping - but topping and LST go together for me. I'd rarely top a plant and just let it do it's thing - i top a plant to concentrate growth to numerous tops instead of one main cola - and so i spread those numerous tops out using LST methods to share the light between all the tops.
Outdoor growing is my favorite as the sun penetrates much deeper than our artificial indoor lighting and there's no restricted space! :yahoo:
Irie always good to hear from ya!
I figured it would help everything be a little less flustered lol.
I planned on tying one down and growing it like a big creeper and the other turning into a big tree.
I say plan because it is my first time. But I do have the awesome :420: here to help me!
IMHO topping and lst go together, hence why I voted for equal.
We can always try new things with new girls!

Today’s update:
The two topped plant was topped again yesterday, using LST to open her up.
I still haven’t done anything to the other girl, I plan on letting her get bigger before I pull her over and tie her down.
90CF745A-1017-448E-B561-9AA12ADB7D93.jpeg

B676ACA1-160B-422F-AC04-05255116DBE6.jpeg

Today’s update:
The two topped plant was topped again yesterday, using LST to open her up.
I still haven’t done anything to the other girl, I plan on letting her get bigger before I pull her over and tie her down.
90CF745A-1017-448E-B561-9AA12ADB7D93.jpeg

B676ACA1-160B-422F-AC04-05255116DBE6.jpeg
Looks like you got spittlebugs hanging out at the base.

Had a fun day in the sun today! Frolicked through the garden, cut some tops, the usual day.
I took today to pull one of my girls over with a piece of bamboo and a paper clip. I topped her as well, my aim with this girl is to grow a creeper style plant.
EF27AA30-F263-4230-8154-F4CAF6411418.jpeg

This girl responded to the topping she recurved s few days ago beautifully and is as happy as can be following the sun all day!
7782B71B-1036-4FD1-8611-23E93A25E43B.jpeg

Not much to do on her, just letting them veg out for a while now. Hopefully bigger and badder soon!

Had a fun day in the sun today! Frolicked through the garden, cut some tops, the usual day.
I took today to pull one of my girls over with a piece of bamboo and a paper clip. I topped her as well, my aim with this girl is to grow a creeper style plant.
EF27AA30-F263-4230-8154-F4CAF6411418.jpeg

This girl responded to the topping she recurved s few days ago beautifully and is as happy as can be following the sun all day!
7782B71B-1036-4FD1-8611-23E93A25E43B.jpeg

Not much to do on her, just letting them veg out for a while now. Hopefully bigger and badder soon!
Seems the bugs love your cannabis. Few holes .

Seems the bugs love your cannabis. Few holes .

I have yet to do anything towards bug repellant. So as of right now they are a little susceptible.

I have yet to do anything towards bug repellant. So as of right now they are a little susceptible.
Marigolds. I have one growing in the same pot as my baby canna.

Good Thursday morning to you all, it’s a bright and sunny one here for me, so I headed outside to check on my girls nice and early.
I decided to re-veg this clone I took. It rooted quite fast. I wasn’t really expecting much as I just cut it off and threw it in some soil.
C069EA3E-68D8-4A53-A565-DE443F7773D8.jpeg
However it’s got some strong roots and is now outside with her friends enjoying the summer sun.
677398A9-A6C1-455E-924E-21CB4C6565BD.jpeg

I’ve been using lst on this girl after topping her.
She’s responding to her training well.
92A03CEB-784E-4B23-8F1E-8189002CA54A.jpeg

And this girls just growing faster than I was ready for to be honest with you.

How the outdoor girls doing Macdaddy? :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom