MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insane!

Macgyverup

Hello fellow 420 growers and welcome to my new grow! This one ought to be hella fun with a nice mix of different strains, in soil, both indoors and out. For those of you who followed my first grow :welcome: back and if your new thanks for coming along for the ride, sit back and grab a chair cause this one is going to be nuts! :loopy: Lets get this party started! :partyboy:

What strain is it?

There are 10 Afgooey for the Indoor Grow, 3 White Widow*, 3 Hog's I cloned from my first grow, and 2 Mystery plants for the Outdoor grow. I will be adding an additional 4-6 plants outdoors soon. I hope to have a total grow of 24 plants in next few weeks.

I'm thinking of a "Growers Pick" in which I will check the availability of strains from my local supplier, post those here, and ask followers of this journal to pick their favorites. The most favored pick is the ones I will add to this already fun mix.

* I'm not 100% sure these are what my good friend claims, he gave me the 3 WW and 2 Mystery plants, in trade for some of my Hog, I have no reason to doubt him except he purchased them from a grower I do not know. I have never grown them so I can't say for certain that they are what he claims. I have done some research and they do appear to be WW and I hope that one of you 420 experts can take a look at the pics and give me an opinion. They are from seed as are the two Mystery plants. 2 of the WW are showing sex-both female.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

Afgooey Aka: Afgoo, Af-Gooey, Afghan Goo is an Afgany#1/Muai Haze Cross. It is mostly Indica and is a clone only plant. Not sure of the %. They have very red stocks and very dark leaves. See Pics.

White Widow is 60% Sativa and 40% Indica, but can't swear to this as there seems to be many varieties of this strain.

The Hog is Indica but not sure the %. But it is definitely Indica dominant and would guess at least 90% if not 100%. You can check these out in my first grow journal through the link below.

The first Mystery plant has a real strong Indica look. See pics.

The second seems to be more Sativa dominant with some Indica. See pics.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?

The Afgoo is in pre-flower. They started into pre-flower about 7 days ago.

Two of the WW are in pre-flower. This just started about 3 days ago.

The Hog's are in veg. It has been about 8 weeks since moved to soil. Two in rockwool and one bare root. One of these was in flower when cloned.

Indoor or outdoor?

The Afgoo is indoor.
The White Widows, Hog, and mystery plants are outdoor, as will be the "Growers Pick" plants to be added to the grow.

Soil or Hydro?

This is an all soil grow.

If soil... what is in your mix?

Here is my mix for now. I will be transplanting them in the next few weeks. That's as soon as my budget allows. This mix fills a 5 gal pot:

Qts

12 Medicine Mans Supreme 66.67%
4 ReadyGrow 22.22%
1 Worm Castings 5.56%
1 Perlite-placed in bottom of pot for better drainage 5.56%
18 Total

100 ml Sunleaves Mexican Bat Guano 10-2-1
75 ml Dolomite Lime
15 ml Gen Hydro SubCulture B - Bacillus Root Inoculant

If soil... What size pot?

The Afgoo's are in 1 gal pots for now and will be placed in 5 gals.
The White Widows are in 5 gal pots and will be transferred to 15 or 20 gal pots as will the Hog and two mystery plants. The soil will be Sunshine Mix #4 with the same additions-at least that is how I'm planning it at this time.

Size of light?

Indoor light is 1200 watts (2 ea 600 watt cool tube lights cooled with an 6" Vortex fan) MH 18/6 cycle for now.

Outdoor is Northern Sonoma Counties best unpolluted air and sun.

Is it aircooled?

The grow room has an Hydro Farms A/C unit.

Temp of Room/cab?

75-80 deg f. lights on and 65-75 lights off.

RH of Room/cab?

I set the rh to 45-50% via an Hydro Farm dehumidifier and an Green Air humidity controller.

PH of media or res?

Run off ph is running about 6.8-7.0

Any Pests ?

No pests in the indoor. I have sprayed the outdoor plants with Organocide to ward off any hungry little critters. But I do see some leaves have been eaten. I'll show pics if this becomes a real issue and of course asking for your help. This is an awesome community and I have been blessed with help from many of you both by your posts on my journal and what I have read from your journals.

How often are you watering?

I learned from my last grow that it is important not to overwater. I am trying to keep it down to once a week. But with the heat coming on this summer I will probably have to adjust that. Especially if I don't get the outdoor grow in larger containers soon.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Right now I am using FF Big Bloom, Maxsea 16-16-16, Super Thrive, and Unsulphured Molasses. I'm not quite sure if I will change my regimen or nutes very much from the first grow (see below). I am considering many options though and will keep you all posted. I'm open to suggestions from all you 420 experts for sure.

Here's a list of nutes I used in my first grow:

Veg:

Sunleaves Mexican Bat Guano 10-2-1
Worm castings
Hygrozyme
Thrive Alive
Sweet Raw
Liquid Karma
Cal Mag
Gardner's Lime (Dolomite Lime)
Maxsea 16-16-16
Unsulphured Molasses-love this stuff

Flower:

I switched to Indonesian High P Bat Guano
FF Open Sesame/Beastie Bloomz/Cha-Ching

Misc. info.

For those of you familiar with my first grow you already know the setup. For any new 420 gurus that need more info on my setup please check my first journal but here's some additional info and if you have any questions please feel free to ask: I use Co2 set @ .5 cfh 15 hrs of the 18 hr cycle. The room is approximately 7.5'X9'. It is an old shed I put in my garage and adapted it to suit my grow. I have included some pics below.

Now for the pics!

Outdoor plants as of 6/11:

The top row is 2 WW L/R in the center is a sativa cross mystery plant. The middle row is the 3 Hogs and the bottom row has a smaller WW on the left and a mystery plant (mostly Indica) on the right.

001607.JPG

Here's some pics of the pre-flower pistils on the two WW currently showing:

007486.JPG

003617.JPG

and a couple of pics of the smaller WW taken a week ago:

010385.JPG

006487.JPG

Here's a couple of pics of the Indica mystery plant also taken a week ago:

011340.JPG

005549.JPG

Now for the indoor: The Afgooey's are amazing!

001605.JPG

Check out the pre-flower pistils and the red stocks! The leaves are really dark and look as though they'll become purple. Will be interesting to see how these girls develop. :)

004585.JPG

007485.JPG

002653.JPG

003615.JPG

Here's a couple of pics of the setup:

009413.JPG

012287.JPG

013282.JPG

011339.JPG

010384.JPG

Well that's it for now. I hope you enjoy this as much as I am. I really got hooked after my first grow was complete. After I harvested I couldn't stand not hearing the whir of the fans and the bubbling H2O in the nute tea reservoir. Now I'm back and all is good, ahhh!:allgood:

Re: MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insa

Dude, that is one hell of an indoor setup! And you get to grow outdoors too? This is one truly jealous guy. :grinjoint:

Re: MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insa

HOLY Shizzzz!! Kick ass indoor setup!!! Just a question, but in the photo showing your 2 cool tubes, what is the significance of the upside-down solo cup?? (it just caught my eye...lol) Can't wait to watch this grow for sure!!! awesome!!

Dude, that is one hell of an indoor setup! And you get to grow outdoors too? This is one truly jealous guy. :grinjoint:

Thanks MM. It was a fun project and have been real happy with it so far. Though I can't complain I really want a veg room and that will be my next project hopefully soon. I'll keep you all posted for sure. I hope to add led's when my budget can handle it, not to mention my wife. :laughtwo:

:welcome::peacetwo:

HOLY Shizzzz!! Kick ass indoor setup!!! Just a question, but in the photo showing your 2 cool tubes, what is the significance of the upside-down solo cup?? (it just caught my eye...lol) Can't wait to watch this grow for sure!!! awesome!!

:thanks: and welcome Ice! Glad to have you on board. :welcome: The cup is a shield for the hygrometer probe. Helps to keep direct light off the probe and cooled air from the A/C getting blown directly on the probe which gives it to low/high of a reading. The probe transmits to a remote station that allows me to keep an eye on what's happening in the room without opening it and wasting CO2.

:peacetwo:

I love outdoor grows wish you best of luck with your ladies great lookin plants :goodluck: :popcorn:

The new grow is looking great, MacG! Very nice job! When I tried to explain grow creep to my girlfriend, she said I WAS a "grow creap"! :rofl:

thats looking real nice cant wait to see the final results also how do you set up your grow journal plz

Mac,
In in here for this one. SThis should be fun to watch. Keep Them green. Nice set-up by the way.

I love outdoor grows wish you best of luck with your ladies great lookin plants :goodluck: :popcorn:

Thanks Papatater! Don't know what happened with your PM. But all's well.:cheesygrinsmiley: and thanks and :welcome:

So, are you vegging outdoors and then flowering indoors?

Hey MM nice to see you!!! I plan on keeping indoors as a perpetual indoor from veg to harvest at this time and outdoor will be kept at one grow per year. Unless I can finaggle an outdoor green room... just gave me a thought... oh stop it, you grow freak! :cheesygrinsmiley: Seriously It may all come down to timing. I like the control of the indoor grow but love the outdoor "let 'em be trees" grow too.

:peace:

The new grow is looking great, MacG! Very nice job! When I tried to explain grow creep to my girlfriend, she said I WAS a "grow creap"! :rofl:

:rofl: I can relate Mr. Krip. After 12 years and two kids now my wife calls me a grow freak!:biglaugh: However I did notice that she watered the outdoor grow for me today "well it was hot and I didn't want them to wilt". Not to mention she was by my side, bonsai clippers in hand, during the entire 17 hours of harvest on my last grow! Now there's a 420 honey, and maybe just a little grower in the making... may have to keep an eye on her, she's better at almost everything else and three :cheer::cheer::cheer: for her.

Thanks for coming on board! :welcome:

thats looking real nice cant wait to see the final results also how do you set up your grow journal plz

:welcome: to my journal. :420: is the greatest place for everything 420!

Here's a link for setting up your own journal:

How to Make a Grow Journal

Lot's of pics is really helpful if you want feed back. As you probably know this is a great place for tips and advice on growing. Let me know when you get your journal up so I can come by and pull up a chair. You can PM me or just leave a note here. This is the place where I have lot of fun sharing and learning. WARNING! You'll get hooked, so be careful! :) I be watching for you. :goodluck:

Mac,
In in here for this one. SThis should be fun to watch. Keep Them green. Nice set-up by the way.

:welcome: ComoradeB and thanks for the kind words. Keep them green? sheeet, I just want to keep them alive. :rofl: There looking good I'll do an update this weekend. I do have some interesting pics I'll try to get up tonight for comments.

:popcorn: I'm along for the ride. Indoor, outdoor, you have all your bases covered. :adore:

whats up mac,
i see that you are growing some afgoo, i am as well, now i know you said that they are a clone only plant, but i have currently 13 seeds left of Afgoo, they came from a sack that i got from a local delivery collective here where i live, they had informed me that the plant had hermed and that is why it had seeds... so i have 2 of them growing outdoors right now!!! i only hope they can do great outside!!! i will be following yours for sure!!!

:peacetwo:

:welcome: to my journal. :420: is the greatest place for everything 420!

Here's a link for setting up your own journal:

How to Make a Grow Journal

Lot's of pics is really helpful if you want feed back. As you probably know this is a great place for tips and advice on growing. Let me know when you get your journal up so I can come by and pull up a chair. You can PM me or just leave a note here. This is the place where I have lot of fun sharing and learning. WARNING! You'll get hooked, so be careful! :) I be watching for you. :goodluck:

cheers mate a got it set up today got sum pics up to there only 4 days old and am quite new to this so any help would be much appreciated :peace:

Back
Top Bottom