Mack Meets Cinderella In Soil - A Love Story In Flux

Got a few more trichome shots this morning. Still not ready, but she's inching toward the finish line!

99_8_days.JPG

99_8_days_1.JPG

SingleShot00008.jpg

SingleShot00064.jpg

SingleShot00032.jpg

Today, Katya the C99 is 8 weeks in flower (counting from the flip, not from first pistils -- is that the proper way to count time "in flower?"). Her buds look good, but her trichomes are still mostly clear. I'll check again in a couple days. Fed her 60 oz tap water at pH 6.44. (The PPM of the tap water is generally ~60. Did not water to runoff, so I didn't get a PPM measurement for that.)

99_10_days.JPG

99_10_days_1.JPG

99_10_days_2.JPG

SingleShot00024.jpg

SingleShot00044.jpg

SingleShot00051.jpg

It's a pluggable USB microscope I got from Amazon for about $35USD. Amazon's not a sponsor, so I can't link, but it'll come up if you search for that.

Normally I put the scope right down on the buds and get extreme close ups, but this time I kept it about two inches away.

There is no universally accepted way of counting flower. Some growers count from the straight up flip. Other consider it a transition phase and don't start the count until pistils show up. Others like me keep track of both until I can get a good enough confidence level in one method or the other to use as a guideline for breeders timelines (in other words, for my growing environment.....which count tends to align to what the breeders list). Ultimately it doesn't really matter.....its all just a guideline and the ultimate decision should be made based off of either trichomes under a microscope or from a time or space requirement (are you leaving for a 8 day vacation in 3 days or do you need that spot for another plant). Find what counting method works for you in your growing environment.

Now the funny part is I have seen people get really passionate about why one way of counting is right or one is wrong and if you are using the other one you are an "idiot". But the reality is you the grower of that plant is the one that determines what's right for you or not. Tell anyone that doesn't like your counting method to bugger off LOL.

Thanks, Van! I started to wonder whether the breeder was counting 8-9 weeks from first pistils while I was counting from flip. But I'm gonna try to tamp down my eagerness, put away the shears, and wait until she tells me she's done. LOL

She looks kind of tired, which is what got me thinking about that. :)

High Mack,

She's looking good. Trichomes - one shot had a lot of milky globules on her. Love the Pics of the trichomes!

Thanks, Van! I started to wonder whether the breeder was counting 8-9 weeks from first pistils while I was counting from flip. But I'm gonna try to tamp down my eagerness, put away the shears, and wait until she tells me she's done. LOL

She looks kind of tired, which is what got me thinking about that. :)

They tend to fade a bit at the end.....some strains more so than others.

Oh ok. It's a little soul crushing to see. Haha

Yeah it is, but its natural. Still hard to swallow.....seeing the babies you have nurtured and treated better than yourself start to turn different colors, fade off, loose their leaves and slowly die. Of course lighting them on fire and burning them is a completely acceptable practice and we have no issues with that LOL!!!

Katya the C99 is now 16 weeks old, 8w3d in flower. She's nearing the finish line! Here she is this morning.

112_days.JPG

112_days_2.JPG

112_days_4.JPG

SingleShot00045.jpg

SingleShot00065.jpg

SingleShot00092.jpg

SingleShot00103.jpg

High Mack,

Wow, she's fishtailing really great! Some cloudy trichomes, but mostly clear still. But, yeah, she's within a couple weeks. The smell must be so nice!

Thanks SK and Bode! The smell is pretty powerful for sure :D I've only been giving her water for the last 2 weeks or so. Do you think she needs some nutes prior to harvest? Or just stick with water?

This morning's trichome pics.

SingleShot00132.jpg

SingleShot00111.jpg

SingleShot00093.jpg

SingleShot00082.jpg

SingleShot00066.jpg

SingleShot00052.jpg

SingleShot00033.jpg

SingleShot00009.jpg

115 days old, 8 weeks + 6 days in flower. Her calyxes are starting to plump up! I have tentatively scheduled harvest for Friday, but I might change my mind at any moment. And then change it back again. And change it...

On Feb 11, she got ~64oz plain water pHed to 6.44. Here she is in all her glory.

115_days_1.JPG

115_days_2.JPG

115_days_3.JPG

SingleShot00014.jpg

SingleShot00053.jpg

SingleShot00083.jpg

SingleShot00104.jpg

Back
Top Bottom