Mack Meets Cinderella In Soil - A Love Story In Flux

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :laughtwo:

SingleShot00112.jpg

SingleShot00105.jpg

SingleShot00094.jpg

SingleShot00084.jpg

SingleShot00067.jpg

SingleShot00054.jpg

SingleShot00046.jpg

SingleShot00104.jpg

SingleShot00083.jpg

SingleShot00053.jpg

SingleShot00014.jpg

It wouldn't appear that we are there yet!! Soon I would think.....though if it was me, I would chop a cola and dry and cure it.....mark it the harvest time and compare it to some harvested a little later. Then if you grow it again, you can kind of remember which you liked better. For me...I prefer early sativa harvest for pleasure and later more amber harvest for a little more sedative effect for medicine.

Yeah for a rec sativa grow, I'll harvest earlier than later, but I agree with you. She could use a little more time... That's a great idea about taking one cola to test against more time! I'll take one off tomorrow. :)

Yeah for a rec sativa grow, I'll harvest earlier than later, but I agree with you. She could use a little more time... That's a great idea about taking one cola to test against more time! I'll take one off tomorrow. :)

Variety is the spice of life right!!!

Don't these plants know that weekends are for harvesting?! :p Some pics scream, "She's ready!" and others are like, "Calm down. She's not ready."

SingleShot000010.jpg

SingleShot00015.jpg

SingleShot00025.jpg

SingleShot00047.jpg

SingleShot00055.jpg

SingleShot00072.jpg

I did it! This morning I was so anxious about how she was looking, and so I decided to harvest. :) I'm kinda stoned right now, so I'll post pictures & deets tomorrow. :p

Wet weight: buds = 192g; trim=28g

Nice....on the harvest and the kinda stoned. I am about to partake....my backs killing me, just letting my vape pen charge. Can't wait to see the harvest!

Katya the C99 was looking so pale, and her leaves were so yellow (and turning brown), that I decided to go ahead and chop her. She might have given me a few extra cloudy and amber trichomes if I'd waited, but today she'd have been ten weeks in flower, so I was OK with whatever she had for me. Which wasn't terrible!

Here are some of her final trichome pics from Feb 20.

I cut her up and rinsed her (swishing vigorously) in a 5-gallon bucket of tap water, then hung to dry for ~5 hours. I decided to try a modified version of Doc Bud's washing technique in an effort to retain some of the classic cannabis smell after curing. Who doesn't love that?!

When they were dry, I put on some gloves and sat down to trim the colas, separating trim from buds.

wet weight (buds): 192g
wet weight (trim): 28g

Then I divided the buds into four paper lunch bags and put them into the refrigerator's crisper bins. The trim went into a separate bag and also into the fridge. If they're not dry enough in a week to put into jars, I'll put them in the dehydrator for an hour or two.

I think those trichomes looked about perfect. With that being a solid Sativa, I certainly wouldn't want to wait for much more amber on her. Looking forward to your smoke report on her!

Thanks for all your help with my grow, everyone! I still feel like I'm groping in the dark at times, and it really helps to have such an awesome community of adults who are willing to guide noobs like me! <3

Hi guys! The buds have been drying low & slow in the fridge for almost two weeks now. I had a little taste today in the bong (I figured it would be harsh), but it's not ready. :p

The buds went into jars today. One jar, after an hour, was right at 62%! I couldn't believe it. The other is still a bit high, but the cure on jar #1 starts today. And the countdown begins!

Thats awesome Sista!! I can't remember where I posted this, but I will share it with you. I got quite a decent harvest on my first go around and have a cabinet that I store my cannabis after harvest/dry/cure. Anyways, I thought I was out of my Blueberry from the 1st harvest so I had been smoking my 2nd crop of Blueberry that was pollinated by my ATF to make my Stankberry strain. I needed some more ATF bud for some oil and went into my cabinet to get the jar of ATF and found another jar of 1st harvest Blueberry that had been sitting in the jar for 5 months.

Now the 2nd harvest Blueberry was ok, but its seeded (intentionally) and a bit harsher because of that (yes I pick the seeds out before I smoke it but its still harsher). I loaded up the bong with some 1st harvest Blueberry and all I can say is WOW that stuff was smooth!! I dug out a jar of older ATF bud to see how it was after the long cure......and again WOW.

Giving them time and letting them do their thing is definitely worth it when you go to smoke it! Can't wait to get some new strains grown, harvested and cured and try them!

Five month cure! Nice. I'll bet that stuff is smooooooooth. I've got a little left from my first plant (bag seed), which started curing on 26 Oct 2017. The temp & humidity gauge in the jar shows a steady 63% every time I check (maybe once a month or so). Now you've got me curious. I'm tempted to have a little taste of that tonight. :)

The jars didn't really stabilize at 62% until Wednesday 7 March, so I started the official cure countdown on that day. It so happens that 4 weeks from that date is my birthday, so we all know how I'll be celebrating! :D

Back
Top Bottom