MacMota's 3rd - Strawberry Cough - Jamaican - Soil

Do yo think you you might be able to bend the main over just a little? Not sure what other option you'd have to retain her top, unless you expanded her room. As for the double harvest from the plant I'm not sure. I have 1 I ordered awhile ago. Haven't made it around to start her. Was holding off for a more permanent setting so I can keep her as a mom.

So I've run in to a small problem. We've run out of room for the lights. They are all the way up to the top of the box and there's, maybe, 3 inches of growth space before the main stem touches the lights. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd hate to have to trim the top off the main cola off just to keep it from burning but I don't know what else to do.

Also, I was reading about Strawberry Cough and Dutch Passion said that you can harvest the plant twice? Does anyone know about taking two harvests from one plant?

Thanks guys! :grinjoint:

Hi You two!;) What a problem. Have you ever heard of super cropping? That may be the answer. It actually is a method of breaking the stem. Water the plant wait a bit, then with two fingers massage the stem and get it soft. Then bend it over enough to break the stem, but being careful not to break it off. There will be enough stem left to let it be sill attached, so it can continue to get flow to it. If my plants get too tall in my tent, that is what I will do to them to keep em healthy and still growing. Needless to say be very careful, :Namaste:

Phooey, I forgot. Yes there are some plants that you can harvest twice from.
Some plant's tops finish earlier than the bottom. So you harvest the top and keep them in bloom so the bottom branches finish. :cheer:

Okay, update time.

At the advice of OMM (Thanks!), we decided to super-crop the plant. I went in this morning and slowly started mashing the spot where I wanted it to bend. When it started to lean over, I just pulled it the way I wanted it and heard a little snap, not too bad. I don't want to put duct tape on my plant so I hope it'll be alright as is. I've got some pictures here too. I really feel badly about having to alter the plant just to let her grow but I didn't know what else to do. My next box will be at least a foot taller, maybe more.

Here are some pictures, today makes 20 days of flowering. so we're about 1/3 of the way there! :cheer:

Strawberry Cough - Day 20 Flowering
001609.JPG
002656.JPG
003619.JPG
004588.JPG
005550.JPG
006488.JPG
007488.JPG

The last one is of the part layed over after the super cropping.

Thanks for looking everyone! :grinjoint:

Do yo think you you might be able to bend the main over just a little? Not sure what other option you'd have to retain her top, unless you expanded her room. As for the double harvest from the plant I'm not sure. I have 1 I ordered awhile ago. Haven't made it around to start her. Was holding off for a more permanent setting so I can keep her as a mom.

Well I ended up super cropping her. I feel like I violated her in some way though. I'm not too sure about the multiple harvests either. We'll figure it out. :)

Hi You two!;) What a problem. Have you ever heard of super cropping? That may be the answer. It actually is a method of breaking the stem. Water the plant wait a bit, then with two fingers massage the stem and get it soft. Then bend it over enough to break the stem, but being careful not to break it off. There will be enough stem left to let it be sill attached, so it can continue to get flow to it. If my plants get too tall in my tent, that is what I will do to them to keep em healthy and still growing. Needless to say be very careful, :Namaste:

Phooey, I forgot. Yes there are some plants that you can harvest twice from.
Some plant's tops finish earlier than the bottom. So you harvest the top and keep them in bloom so the bottom branches finish. :cheer:

Well I (obviously) took your advice and super cropped her. Like I was telling Kannabis, I feel like I violated her in some way, but if you would do it, I can't have done anything wrong, right? :)

As far as the multiple harvests, the websites I was looking at acted as if there were two flowering stages and that after the initial harvest, the plant could be re-flowered and harvested again about 60 days later. Either way, I don't know that I've seen that on here but then again, I wasn't look too hard either. :grinjoint:

Loving the grow dude, I'm subscribing. I've wanted to grow Strawberry Cough for awhile now, very excited to see how well it does for you! ;)

:Namaste:

Okay, update time.

At the advice of OMM (Thanks!), we decided to super-crop the plant. I went in this morning and slowly started mashing the spot where I wanted it to bend. When it started to lean over, I just pulled it the way I wanted it and heard a little snap, not too bad.

The last one is of the part layed over after the super cropping.

Thanks for looking everyone! :grinjoint:

Little late in picking you up MM. Nice job on the SC! I think I'd like to stick around if you don't mind. :nicethread:

:peace:

Loving the grow dude, I'm subscribing. I've wanted to grow Strawberry Cough for awhile now, very excited to see how well it does for you! ;)

:Namaste:

Welcome aboard n0ctem! This is our third attempt at SC, the first and second didn't go too well. I'm glad we were able to get her going though. I'm excited to see how she does too! :grinjoint:

Done like a pro my friend !

I know, "You want me to do what to my plant?" When you think about it, it's more humane than topping. :)

Now that you have more space.....a foot or two will do wonders. :high-five:

Thank you my friend. I felt bad all morning about it but when I went in a few hours later and the fan leaves had already started turning up toward the light, I knew she was fine. I went in to check on her earlier, and the cola already turned up, I was like, "No f---ing way!". I love this plant. :grinjoint:

Little late in picking you up MM. Nice job on the SC! I think I'd like to stick around if you don't mind. :nicethread:

:peace:

Thanks Macgyverup! Late is better than never. :) You can certainly hang out. Welcome! :grinjoint:

Very nice looking so far Macmota!!! great advice on here from all of the seasoned growers!!! I seem to learn at least one new thing a day, usually more, from this pool of talent on 420mag....

I didn't know that you could supercrop during flowering.....how far into flowering is this safe to do without stunting bud development??

Awesome grow, excited to watch the full bloom!!!

Shes looking good mac dont stress OMM gave you the right advice on supercropping Ive done the same well done

Thanks, my man. I'm rather pleased with results of the super crop. These plants are absolutely amazing.

Very nice looking so far Macmota!!! great advice on here from all of the seasoned growers!!! I seem to learn at least one new thing a day, usually more, from this pool of talent on 420mag....

I didn't know that you could supercrop during flowering.....how far into flowering is this safe to do without stunting bud development??

Awesome grow, excited to watch the full bloom!!!

Thanks Icemud! Yes, there are so many excellent people on here who give the most outstanding advice. It's why we chose 420 Magazine.

I didn't know super cropping in flower was possible, either. I assume that the plant will slow down her growth and development for a few days to get herself back on track but with a 60 day flower cycle, I can wait a couple more days for her to finish.

Thanks for the compliments, we're both excited as well! :grinjoint:

Well, super cropping is usually done in flower...all the way to the end of flower.
Lets face it, it's usually an emergency when you do it.
:)

I have seen it done at other times, but I haven't tried it then. :peace:

Well, super cropping is usually done in flower...all the way to the end of flower.
Lets face it, it's usually an emergency when you do it.
:)

I have seen it done at other times, but I haven't tried it then. :peace:

You know, that makes sense. Why would I super crop in veg when I could just top or LST?

That's why I keep you around OMM, you're a genius. :)

Back
Top Bottom