MacMota's Second Go - Poor Man Style

I finally decided to get off my dead, lazy ass and get some new pictures and do a proper journal entry. :Rasta:

Last week I chopped the bag seed. I was worried for a little while because I thought that I may have taken her too early. It was a very heady high and all it did was make us hungry, paranoid and tired. Boy was I mistaken. The almost psychedelic full body high is very mellow but super strong. I don't get jumpy like when I smoke the garbage I've been picking up from around here. The high lasts for 2 - 3 hours and I haven't laughed that hard in ages. It really geeks the both of out. :grinjoint:

I'm a little sad though because we only have 2 popcorn buds and the twin coli (thanks Blacken!) left. I mean, she was only an experiment but I've grown attached to her and I hate to see her go. You know what though? She's kindest bud I've ever had and we gonna smoke the hell out of her. :smokin:

Here's some pictures of before, during and after the chop. I hung her up above the exhaust fan of our box to let some of the heat help with the drying. Then after a few days I moved her to somewhere calmer and quieter.
420_Forum_Pics_0014.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0024.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0034.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0043.JPG

I had some close-ups of the coli after I cut her down but they were blurry. I'll get a picture of the nugs that are left and get them up here. :grinjoint:

Now on to the Mazar-Afghan, she's on day 83.

I went in this morning and the main cola had grown up into the lights and burnt. Damn! I've tied her over and am hoping she'll finish soon because the lights are all the way up in our box and there's nowhere else for her to go! Her buds look amazing as well and are coming along nicely. I'm thinking I'm going to be chopping her in the next couple of weeks. She's been flowering for 55 days.

Here's some pics of the damage and the damage control. :grinjoint:
420_Forum_Pics_0082.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0091.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0101.JPG

There's more damage on the backside of the cola but since I can't get back behind it (something that will be changing with our new cabinet design) and snap any pics, this is all I can get.

What do y'all think? Another 2 weeks should do it?

That's all for now. I'll try and keep the updates coming. :grinjoint:

Thanks everyone!

Ah ha The MacMotas are planing planing another box. Yep, your hooked now. Success breeds confidence. Good on you two. Did you ever have another visit by the unexpected? Bet your allot more ready for it now.
Well you are good growers now. Congrats.:goodjob:

Last week I chopped the bag seed. I was worried for a little while because I thought that I may have taken her too early. It was a very heady high and all it did was make us hungry, paranoid and tired. Boy was I mistaken. The almost psychedelic full body high is very mellow but super strong. I don't get jumpy like when I smoke the garbage I've been picking up from around here. The high lasts for 2 - 3 hours and I haven't laughed that hard in ages. It really geeks the both of out. :grinjoint:

sounds like you enjoyed your efforts
plants lookin good
keep on keepn on

Ah ha The MacMotas are planing planing another box. Yep, your hooked now. Success breeds confidence. Good on you two. Did you ever have another visit by the unexpected? Bet your allot more ready for it now.
Well you are good growers now. Congrats.:goodjob:

Yeah I have grand visions of a dual chambered box with one side being for vegetating and the other for flowering. Get some perpetual gardening going on. :grinjoint:

Fortunately, we haven't had any more unexpected visitors dropping in. Our box is far easier to hide as well.

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words. Your input is always valued. :cheer:

dude smoking your own stuff sweet
nice

There's nothing better than smoking your own. Plus, neither of us has had sensimilla before and it's truly amazing. I keep looking at the nugs I have left and saying to myself, "I can't believe I grew that!" :grinjoint:

Just a quick update. My work schedule has been really crazy and I'm tired.

The MA is looking great. Most of the big sun leaves have yellowed and dried up. I'm going to water later and that'll probably be the last time. Another few days and I'm going chop her.

I have a question; if I cut her down and she's not completely dry before I put her in jars for curing, will that cause issues or will it just take longer to dry and cure?

That's it for now. I'll try and get some pics up after the watering. Thanks everybody! :grinjoint:

Just a quick update. My work schedule has been really crazy and I'm tired.

The MA is looking great. Most of the big sun leaves have yellowed and dried up. I'm going to water later and that'll probably be the last time. Another few days and I'm going chop her.

I have a question; if I cut her down and she's not completely dry before I put her in jars for curing, will that cause issues or will it just take longer to dry and cure?

That's it for now. I'll try and get some pics up after the watering. Thanks everybody! :grinjoint:

Hi you two:grinjoint:

Truthfully that is a really bad to do. All most guaranteed bud rot.

A better thing to do is after your last watering, let her really dry out. Not enough to kill her, but close. That will do to things
1. all the last nutes will be pulled up into her as a last gasp
2. she will be much easier to dry.

After cutting hang the buds in a cardboard box or just lay them in the bottom of the box. Open the box every once in a while and roll the buds over. That will help them dry evenly. That shouldn't take more than a couple of days. Then cure them in the jars..

I've neglected this journal long enough.

We've cut the Mazar-Afghan down. I'm sorry I don't have pictures but the main cola is about 10". I still have some trimming to do on it before I jar it up but she's almost dry. I quick dried some of the smaller buds to try and just like the bagseed, she's a champ. I'll get a detailed smoke report up once it's dried properly.

MacMota, Just found your journal and read it through. I'm also growing Mazar/Afghan and have in fact just started a gradual harvest. Waiting for a detailed smoke report buddy. Good luck on your next grow! Here is a link to my stuff.........
Mazar Afghan 10 and a 1/2 weeks flowering. Pics

Thanks Woodsman, we're in the planning stages of our next grow. We're going to build a wooden box for our next one, which I'll put a link for the construction How To on here when it starts.

The smoke report is coming, the holidays slowed everything down but now that they've passed, I'll get it together and put it up here.

Hope everyone had a great holiday season! :grinjoint:

Thanks Woodsman, we're in the planning stages of our next grow. We're going to build a wooden box for our next one, which I'll put a link for the construction How To on here when it starts.

The smoke report is coming, the holidays slowed everything down but now that they've passed, I'll get it together and put it up here.

Hope everyone had a great holiday season! :grinjoint:

Hey you two So your doing it again? It's amazing how much you learn from doing a grow. You always see new ways to improve. Looks like the MacMota's are at it again. You'll out do yourselves again. Can't wait to see the plan.:grinjoint:

Hey you two So your doing it again? It's amazing how much you learn from doing a grow. You always see new ways to improve. Looks like the MacMota's are at it again. You'll out do yourselves again. Can't wait to see the plan.:grinjoint:

It's still in the preliminary stages but, yes, we're at it again. :grinjoint:

We're looking at a dual chambered cabinet that would allow us to veg in one side and flower in the other. It'll be wooden and easy to break down but I'm going to try and fashion it to look like an armoire so we can keep it inside but it won't be ugly. Mrs. MacMota says we need the closet space back, so there it goes.

I have a question though, do you think passive intakes would suffice or should I get fans to force air in? Also, has anyone tried having the intakes underneath their plants? Like place their plants on a short table and have the intake under the table?

I'm excited to get growing again but I'm know sure when we'll get started. I'm anxious though to get started. :grinjoint:

It's still in the preliminary stages but, yes, we're at it again. :grinjoint:

We're looking at a dual chambered cabinet that would allow us to veg in one side and flower in the other. It'll be wooden and easy to break down but I'm going to try and fashion it to look like an armoire so we can keep it inside but it won't be ugly. Mrs. MacMota says we need the closet space back, so there it goes.

I have a question though, do you think passive intakes would suffice or should I get fans to force air in? Also, has anyone tried having the intakes underneath their plants? Like place their plants on a short table and have the intake under the table?

I'm excited to get growing again but I'm know sure when we'll get started. I'm anxious though to get started. :grinjoint:

Passive is good if it works. I'd try that first. I see no problem coming from underneath as long as it is not really cold. Stealth furniture is good. I know what you mean having a flowering side and veg side would do well as a mini sea of green with harvests occurring more often. Good thinking my friend. :grinjoint:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom