Macro town

Sir Digby

heya friend,, just passin thru,,

a thot

a thing about using extension tubes,, as seen in the pics,, the incredibly shallow depth of field,, as well as a bit of sacrificed clarity

a suggestion,,

to achieve more depth of field,, (amount of depth in the pic that is in focus),, one needs one of two things,, or two of two things

more light, to allow a higher number f'stop

or a tripod,, to allow a higher f'stop

a higher f'stop is how one makes more 'depth of field'

sure not tryin to talk down to ya,, trying to help, is all

cheers friend

a thot

a thing about using extension tubes,, as seen in the pics,, the incredibly shallow depth of field,, as well as a bit of sacrificed clarity

a suggestion,,

to achieve more depth of field,, (amount of depth in the pic that is in focus),, one needs one of two things,, or two of two things

cheers friend

Yeah, I definitely need bigger and brighter lighting. I do have a tripod and use it often but I really need a new remote, trying to use the button on the camera while shooting that close of a subject is horrible for focus.

Good advice NIv, I'm working on it!

Yeah, I definitely need bigger and brighter lighting. I do have a tripod and use it often but I really need a new remote, trying to use the button on the camera while shooting that close of a subject is horrible for focus.

Good advice NIv, I'm working on it!

To limit that button wobble, use the 2 second timer function if you got one. The closest thing to having a remote.

a thot

a suggestion,,

cheers friend

On the subject of lighting, does anyone have any experience with those macro flash rings that go on the end of the lens?

I don’t have any experience with the ring lights but I have messed around a lot with trying to provide supplemental lighting.

I have used a led headlamp with good success, particularly when shooting macro.

I also swear by my $15 reflector. Priceless for what we are doing.

Pop by the advanced cannabis photography thread in my signature, might be able to mine the thread for tips and tricks you may find valuable.

Back
Top Bottom