Mad science teacher?

TheFrizz

Hi guys,

Here's a little bit about me, how I got here, and my goals as a grower. I am a 24 year old HS science teacher from Washington. I have experience with hydroponic growing of vegetables, and a pretty solid understanding of chemistry and plant biology. Out of the various forums on the web to get started on, I picked 420 Magazine because I was impressed by the overall maturity and positive culture here.

For the first 23 years of my life, I thought marijuana was for "those people". Then I found out my mom was using CBD chocolate to treat her seizures. I started researching cannabis, and after about 5 hours of articles and documentaries, I was on board. Smoking marijuana actually helped me recover from alcoholism, currently I have been off booze for 4 weeks, which is a record for me since I started drinking.

However, good quality bud is expensive and I want to put my skills to use and grow my own. My long term goal is to perfect an indoor growing method that is easy for anyone to use and can consistently yield 3 lbs dry from a 4x4 tent. The method will involve 4 plants (standard legal limit for most medical patients), manifolded to 16 tops to essentially fill the tent with 64 dense main colas, ~1.5-2 ft long, weighing 0.75 oz each on average. Maybe I sound like a crazy science teacher, but I believe it can be done, so I am experimenting with this training method for my first grow.

Looking forward to getting to learn from other growers here and to make new friends in this wonderful community!

~TheFrizz

Hey there fizz :)
Glad to see you came here. I also am newish here and have found this to be a invaluable place of wisdom experience and help. I'm sure you will find out for yourself.
I just wanted to say congratulations on keeping away from the drink!!!!!! That's amazing dude 4 weeks! !! Bet you feel like a new man lol.
I know I sound abit ott but I also know the wonders of cannabis, as I have done a detox off herion myself at the start of this year and I honistly not sure if I would have got through it without the bud.
This is why I got into growing as I'm smoking hlf a week to keep myself away from anything else, it's too damn expensive lol.
BRO that idea sounds awesome! ! Lol I know that technique can pull vast amounts from plants. But 3lb dry we all gotta see that if you perfect that you should defo rename and call it "thefizz" method lol. I feel like I have been somewhat rambling on lol so I'm going to rap this up.
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the responses guys. Congratulations on kicking heroin and other nasties, Triggz, marijuana truly is an amazing plant. So nice to wake up and never have to worry about a hangover or any negative health effects!

Mr. Amazin, your work with fluxing is inspirational and I was definitely doing some lurking in your neck of the woods before making an account of my own.

:welcome: Frizz, you should find what you seek with this forum. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Good luck with your project :)

Good morning TheFrizz and :welcome: to 420.
You have come to a great place.
Best of luck with your addiction. I am sure many of us have fought that fight with our own addictions. Some may talk about it, and some may not. Getting it out there is a great way to keep on track because then you will make friends that can help keep you on track.
Best of luck with your new growing adventure:thumb:

Now I am going to go check out your 1st grow journal.
:passitleft:

Hi guys,

Here's a little bit about me, how I got here, and my goals as a grower. I am a 24 year old HS science teacher from Washington. I have experience with hydroponic growing of vegetables, and a pretty solid understanding of chemistry and plant biology. Out of the various forums on the web to get started on, I picked 420 Magazine because I was impressed by the overall maturity and positive culture here.

For the first 23 years of my life, I thought marijuana was for "those people". Then I found out my mom was using CBD chocolate to treat her seizures. I started researching cannabis, and after about 5 hours of articles and documentaries, I was on board. Smoking marijuana actually helped me recover from alcoholism, currently I have been off booze for 4 weeks, which is a record for me since I started drinking.

However, good quality bud is expensive and I want to put my skills to use and grow my own. My long term goal is to perfect an indoor growing method that is easy for anyone to use and can consistently yield 3 lbs dry from a 4x4 tent. The method will involve 4 plants (standard legal limit for most medical patients), manifolded to 16 tops to essentially fill the tent with 64 dense main colas, ~1.5-2 ft long, weighing 0.75 oz each on average. Maybe I sound like a crazy science teacher, but I believe it can be done, so I am experimenting with this training method for my first grow.

Looking forward to getting to learn from other growers here and to make new friends in this wonderful community!

~TheFrizz

Welcome. I too am a friend of Bill's for over 24 years. I use cannabis for my MS. I too had to do the research to realize the lies. I use it every day and feel NO desire for alcohol (except for making CCO :cco:) :) :peace:

Hi TheFrizz, and :welcome:

You are in the right spot, as you said..this is the best forum on this subject out there. A mature and extremely helpful, knowledge filled community.

I was delighted to read about your Mom using the CBD chocolate to treat her seizures! What a switch, usually it's the parents finding out about the "children" using Marijuana.

Will you be starting a journal? It would be a great way to document your growing and get help from members who subscribe to it. :)

It's easy as pie to start one, should you want to venture into it, here's how:

How to Make a Grow Journal

Have fun and good luck with your growing!

Also, a big hearty congrats on ending the alcohol addiction. Keep it going strong!

Hi all, thanks for the positive and supportive responses! It is heart-warming to hear so many stories from people from different backgrounds who have had their quality of life improved by this amazing plant.

Speaking of amazing plants, I just flipped my babies over to 12/12 yesterday, and am about to update my grow journal with some pics if you guys want to check it out <3

Right on Frizz.

You will find everyone here very helpful and friendly man or at least every person I have came across has been great just just the knowledge base to give a hand when shit hits the fan you can post up a couple pics type in a few lines and someone will come to the rescue or at least do their best to do so LOL

I am new as well and just wrapped up my first run ever at 49 yrs old and while I came nowhere near your 3lb goal it came out far better than I had expected for my 1st go at it.

I came out with plenty of meds to get me and my girl, my sister and a older friend that doesn't have any cash covered as well as giving one plant to these local guys that provide free meds to current Chemo and Terminal patients with meds and I am a DumAss Race Car / Hot Rod mechanic so with yer background and the friends you will meet I have no doubt that even if you don't fully reach your goal you will be very happy with what you will be pumpin out

Have fun bro :thumb:

After looking through your grow journal, Billy, I can conclude that you are most definitely NOT "dum", you have a nice writing style to read and a straightforward way of conveying information. :goodjob:

Also, congratulations on being able to supply all of your meds for your close ones! I bet that feels amazing :D

HAHA, well lets just say I am pretty far out of my element.

Having a ton of fun but for a dude that gets bitched at for not being able to maintain the lawn and flower beds in best of shape (don't mind the chunks of sod I have uprooted and shot 30 yrds away using my husaberg FE450's rear tire to do so) I had my expectations set at a realistic level and was pleasantly suprised.

Ya man I was happy the return was large nuff to help out my friends and sis but really man I was pretty happy to have nuff to kick down to those cats for the Chemo/term folks, I mean hell we had nuff to cover us through next harvest and even though I am sure it wasn't the best medz it was cool to do what I can for someone going through a very hard time.

Your garden is tight man and nice training. I am going to try 72 at swap next time and give part of my crop that and other part not just to kinda see a compairison. I also ordered up the stuff to try doing Far Reds for 15 min after lights out to put them to bed. It is kinda hard for someone just getting going since I have read the same thing far as the 72 hr nap as I have about the Far Red for 15 min. It is like 50% of the ppl say NEVER EVER do this and the other half are ALWAYS ALWAYS do this... and what sux is it is the same story at every dang turn
:scratchinghead:
LOL

Anyways i just wanted to say how nice your set up is bro good stuff man

Have fun

Hi all, thanks for the positive and supportive responses! It is heart-warming to hear so many stories from people from different backgrounds who have had their quality of life improved by this amazing plant.

Speaking of amazing plants, I just flipped my babies over to 12/12 yesterday, and am about to update my grow journal with some pics if you guys want to check it out <3

LOL, In never noticed that line at the bottom of your signature with your grow journal link. Great! I will check it out too. :)

Hey there Frizz, welcome. Lots of great people here. Go over the grow journal area. My most favourite part of the forum. It is so exciting and inspiring reading others grow. With your background youll be growing just fine. The excitement might be overwhelming tho. I know I did, but youll get over it pretty much midway. Just read the ones suit you best. Dont go crazy reading them all. It is not that you wouldnt be able to handle the info but more because of the time you it may consume doing that much reading haha

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey there Frizz, welcome. Lots of great people here. Go over the grow journal area. My most favourite part of the forum. It is so exciting and inspiring reading others grow. With your background youll be growing just fine. The excitement might be overwhelming tho. I know I did, but youll get over it pretty much midway. Just read the ones suit you best. Dont go crazy reading them all. It is not that you wouldnt be able to handle the info but more because of the time you it may consume doing that much reading haha

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah that was pretty much my entire summer haha, 8 hour days on the computer reading about marijuana. I had a list of things I needed to get done to prepare for the school year but then once I found these forums all of a sudden lesson plans didn't seem like a very big priority XD

Back
Top Bottom