Made butter out of trim

Edzzed

Last harvest I took all of the trim. Froze it and several months later I got around to decarbing it. There was quite a bit. I used the crockpot method with two pounds (908 grams) of butter and lots of water. Got it hot and stirred every couple hours. Let it go overnight and strained it. All done I ended up with 432 grams. Guess I could not get all of the butter out. Anyhow I did up some cookies using 220 grams of butter. Ate 1/2 a cookie as I did not know what the potency would be. In all of my other batches I used 35 grams of flowerand then decarbed that to 1 pound of butter. That was a nice dose. Today's recipe is much more potent. I don't plan on eating anything more than 1/3 of these cookies in one sitting. 5 hours later I am still up there. I also have no cannabis taste in the cookies. I used cloves, cinnamon, mint extract, coconut extract, choc chips, reeces choc chips, m+m baking chips, raisins, craisins, and skor bits. 57 cookies.

Wife refuses to eat a cookie, Says she doesn't care for the taste of cannabis in the cookies. I don't taste it. I did the math on how many grams ended up in each cookie. 220 divided by 57 equals 3.85 Now if I buy 00 capsules each one should hold a gram of butter. My math says 1-2 capsules and she'd be feeling it. 2-3 and I'd be feeling it. We should know in a week or so. They are on the way along with a filling machine.
20191210_073207[1].jpg

Now if I buy 00 capsules each one should hold a gram of butter. My math says 1-2 capsules and she'd be feeling it. 2-3 and I'd be feeling it. We should know in a week or so.

And...?

And I just filled some capsules. Some what messy way of doing it. Heated butter so it would flow easier through a syringe. It worked in about 85% of the capsules. Some leaked, some bent. I did fridge them for 5 minutes before lidding them. Should have waited longer I suppose, Should also have filled half at a time and not the whole tray. Would probably be easier to deal with and less spillage I ate one capsule and it is starting to kick in. Will update in a few days. Might get brave and try two capsules.
334181.jpg
20200122_080039[1].jpg

So I did take one capsule. Not too bad. I could still taste the butter but figure it's on the outside of the capsule from leaking. I feel I could have still safely driven my motorcycle. Kinda gave me a slight buzz. I think what I might do is fill the rest of the capsules with butter but going forward I will do the math on how much to decarb 100 capsules and mix it with some other dry stuff then fill capsules.

Back
Top Bottom