Made some of my first ice water bubble hash this morning

SinSemillaWhisperer420

Drying bubble hash made from trim.
70214827-B583-441D-B10B-CEF1F0C14B69.jpeg

Not to bad for a run from exclusively dying buds that I dried, preserved in the freezer, and did an ice water hash run. Only 1.25 oz. of immature trim used.
8.7 g.(Not bad at all for amount of salvaged immature trim used)

image.jpg

Not bad at all.
I have been freezing popcorn bud and sugar leaves for that purpose. I haven't tried it yet.
Was it hard to do?

No I used a large egg beater to beat the ice and buds in a separate large bucket prior to running it through my 5 lb bucket with my bubble bags filtering it. It’s a lot easier to break the trichomes off when u have more space to beat the bud/ice/ice water. Use plenty of ice and beat for at least a full 30-45 mins. You will need to add ice as u go, so leave plenty of extra space from the top of ur beating bucket (don’t fill to top or too close to the top of ur mixing bucket or u will splash ice, buds, and trichome filled water all over when u mix). Cheating on time is cheating u on ur yield. That I know from experience. So make sure u got the energy to do it or the mini portable washing machines they sell. Good luck wit ur run!

No I used a large egg beater to beat the ice and buds in a separate large bucket prior to running it through my 5 lb bucket with my bubble bags filtering it. It’s a lot easier to break the trichomes off when u have more space to beat the bud/ice/ice water. Use plenty of ice and beat for at least a full 30-45 mins. You will need to add ice as u go, so leave plenty of extra space from the top of ur beating bucket (don’t fill to top or too close to the top of ur mixing bucket or u will splash ice, buds, and trichome filled water all over when u mix). Cheating on time is cheating u on ur yield. That I know from experience. So make sure u got the energy to do it or the mini portable washing machines they sell. Good luck wit ur run!
Thanks.
I have one of those mixing paddles you attach to your drill.
May I ask how many micron bags you used?

I made ice hash once, that was a few weeks ago. I also took an xl egg beater and beat the crap out of it, I got lotsa hash but I can't say it was any good. The ten grams I made were not worth $10 IMO. I gave it to a friend for free.

Obviously I'm still learning but I don't think beating the crap out of it is the answer. I haven't decided what I want to do with the bag of popcorn in my freezer but if I do make hash again I will be stirring it by hand.

I find ten to fifteen minutes of mixing is plenty, and not too vigorously, if you usre a drill/paddle or paint mixer use at low speed! You want to break off the trichromes but not pulverize the plant material, or you'll end up with very harsh product. After the first run, I do a second run and tend to get about another 50% from the second time through. I usually toss or give away anything over about 150 microns (if it looks green). The best is from 120 microns and down. To cure it I put it on a drying cloth on a plate and put it on the range top while the oven is on, dries it and cures it, without burning it.

IMG_1742.JPG

I find ten to fifteen minutes of mixing is plenty, and not too vigorously, if you usre a drill/paddle or paint mixer use at low speed! You want to break off the trichromes but not pulverize the plant material, or you'll end up with very harsh product. After the first run, I do a second run and tend to get about another 50% from the second time through. I usually toss or give away anything over about 150 microns (if it looks green). The best is from 120 microns and down. To cure it I put it on a drying cloth on a plate and put it on the range top while the oven is on, dries it and cures it, without burning it.

IMG_1742.JPG
That looks great.
Do you put any sugar leaves or other plant material in, or just buds?

That looks great.
Do you put any sugar leaves or other plant material in, or just buds?
Mostly, bud, popcorn bud, bud trim, and a few fan leaves. There's a little in the fan leaves, but not a lot. I don't use too many fan leaves, they can give it a "lawn" taste. Plus most of them are pretty yellow or not real healthy at harvest time.

Back
Top Bottom