MadHatterJack's LED Soil Grow: Gorilla Glue

Mmm buds are looking tasty over there! Holidays I guess it's just kinda slow lately :S

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:
Still active. Just posting less often. Here's an update. Gorilla glue are about 2 months old. Today I fimed every top and did more lst. Gorilla glue have a very pungent aroma in veg. My wife instantly complains when I open the tent which is different from the Durban kush I grew. I have two led lights in here now to veg them out another few months and then I'll get a HPS for flower. Cheers
2b0c914329924051a0078acb3f732d52.jpg
d9d79f7e8e9da7604fdcb6e64ec9fb92.jpg

Looking nice and green Jack. Should fill out nice .

Gorilla glue looking awesome. No nutrient issues or nute burn this time around. Well I had issues with a deficiency back in week 3 but uped my feeding. So they are a bit small for two months but next time I'll know not to expect consistency with the nutrients in the soil I buy. Normally first three weeks no nutes but this soil needed it from the get go. I'm also finding my purple stem calmag issues are a thing of the past. I use calmag every watering and things are looking sexy AF. If I do say so myself. Cheers
c127e35d2a2a93b3314b95a367a65e28.jpg
003474b233fe1bf98eb2c6d465e0f6e6.jpg

Quick update. Gorilla glue looking good. Getting an HPS/MH combo next week.

IMG_20180209_011042.jpg

Cheers for now

Going the hid way are we how many watts ? What size ballast buddy ?

Sexy AF indeed MHJ! You're gonna kill it with the HPS in flower .

Going the hid way are we how many watts ? What size ballast buddy ?
Yea just because I want to try it. I don't feel like dishing out 3k for a solid led. I'm getting a cheap kit from vivosun. It includes a nice big 6" vented hood, 600w HPS MH bulbs, a digital ballast, timer and rope light ratchets for 239 cad on Amazon. Going to veg another month at least with the MH, then switch to HPS for another week before flipping.

Yea just because I want to try it. I don't feel like dishing out 3k for a solid led. I'm getting a cheap kit from vivosun. It includes a nice big 6" vented hood, 600w HPS MH bulbs, a digital ballast, timer and rope light ratchets for 239 cad on Amazon. Going to veg another month at least with the MH, then switch to HPS for another week before flipping.

Yeah look into photon fantom designs lights are top shelf and not expensive man Very little heat too man won't break the bank buddy ..

But hey you can only do what you love and what works for your current environment .

Yeah look into photon fantom designs lights are top shelf and not expensive man Very little heat too man won't break the bank buddy ..

But hey you can only do what you love and what works for your current environment .
Yeah I'm using mezhi lights and they work great and are cheap. I'll check out your recommendation for sure. Yeah just experimenting at this point for the big grow I'm in the process of setting up.

Update time. Took a few shots in different styles. I decided to flower next week (3 month veg) as I need to transplant soon from 3- 5 gallon. Being that these are regular seeds I don't wish to transplant any males and waste soil so this is what is causing me to want to flower now. So I have just purchased the 600 watt HPS kit and will finish the veg with that before flipping. They might be all males as I can't see any preflowers and that is concerning on a 3 month veg. I am also planning to change my setup to an enclosed one (not vented) with Co2.

28033024_1742285212500501_1647450624_o.jpg
28034871_1742285192500503_308393819_o.jpg
28033800_1742285259167163_730873149_o.jpg

Cheers :thanks:

I got a new 600W HPS light kit off amazon and some bubble bags to make hash from. The kit includes an air cooled hood and dimmable ballast, two bulbs (MH/HPS) a dual socket timer and rope ratchets. It also came with white gloves to handle the bulbs.

I have yet to hook up the ducting to vent the light and hood but when the heat picks up I'll have to. The room now has gone from purple to yellow. My god is it bright compared to my LEDs.

Here's some of the hash I made out of the durban kush I grew.

Hey Folks,

Or should I say "Hey Ghosts" as it's been a real ghost town since the update. My setup is looking balling. I have cold pacific northwest air coming into the base of the tent from straight outside to help with cooling and natural humidity. So at night the temp drops to about 14-15 celsius or 54-60F and that was starting to stunt the plants. So I bought a 24 foot heating cable that only uses about 180 watts and a warm mist humidifier.

So picture this. I have a timer for night (Light off) and a timer for day (light on). When the HPS light goes off so does the cold mist humidifier. About 30 mins later the night timer kicks in and turns on the heating cable running under the pots and the warm humidifier. So my temps stay pretty solid and the plants instantly showed their appreciation. Can't take up magnesium when the root zone gets too cold so this should really help.

I also bought some HPS glasses.

Cheers

I got a new 600W HPS light kit off amazon and some bubble bags to make hash from. The kit includes an air cooled hood and dimmable ballast, two bulbs (MH/HPS) a dual socket timer and rope ratchets. It also came with white gloves to handle the bulbs.

I have yet to hook up the ducting to vent the light and hood but when the heat picks up I'll have to. The room now has gone from purple to yellow. My god is it bright compared to my LEDs.

Here's some of the hash I made out of the durban kush I grew.

why white light led light like QP boards or my fusion boards by photon fantom designs with mixed led like mars hydro lights are your ticket or cob but hps get ready for yield. Are you adding led unit in too ? Sorry maybe I reas you saying it somewhere ?

why white light led light like QP boards or my fusion boards by photon fantom designs with mixed led like mars hydro lights are your ticket or cob but hps get ready for yield. Are you adding led unit in too ? Sorry maybe I reas you saying it somewhere ?

I might add the led in. I'm still vegging with LED and will continue to buy LEDs. I just wanted to try the HPS method.

I might add the led in. I'm still vegging with LED and will continue to buy LEDs. I just wanted to try the HPS method.
If you can control the heat I would it would add some nice extra frroth and density man

Back
Top Bottom