MadMike's Organic Medical Outdoor Grow

Excuse the length of time since my last post, but I've been quite busy. Here are some pics of some plants before harvest:

OG Ringo from late August:
sept_002.jpg

OG Ringo last week under a full moon:
sept_001.jpg

Here's some OG Ringo and Kushit close ups:
sept_003.jpg

sept_004.jpg

sept_005.jpg

What a wonderful scent from these. It is a pleasant peach scent that embraces the senses. I look forward to curing and finally tasting it. My big gals are still flowering. Their buds are going to be big. More pics of the big gals will be on the way.

The night time OG Ringo pic and the last pic w/e that was, were my favs.

Trips me out so much how some of us are just starting flower but others have been flowering for months and are about to harvest.

Jimmy, I know what you mean. My big ones have a ways to go yet. The OG and the GD are both Indica dominant (90/10) yet the GD's still have about a month to go. I harvested early this morning, Lee. There was enough amber to my liking, so chop-chop, clip-clip. They were very frosty, JASPL. I can't get over the peach scent. It's lovely and now the house smells very pleasant.
:yummy:

The last one enjoying her final days in the sun.
sept_006.jpg

sept_009.jpg

One of many things I'm learning is location in addition to particular traits of plants. The locations with all day sun produced smaller flowers for this strain, Granny Derkle. The location with little sun until late morning produced bigger buds. Also, the bigger budded plant reached 9' and wasn't tied down like the others. Now this could be due to water leeching out of one area faster than the other. There was little difference in compost/soil mix so I doubt that made much difference. I found out one thing for sure, is that this strain likes it's nutrients, but not too much. It received very little up until pre-flower and was feeding half strength nutrients until I was coached differently (Thanks Lee, JASPL, James :)) There remains numerous conflicting statements made by grow literature out there and finding out even the best soil won't sustain a plant's vigor as is commonly stated," a gallon of soil for each month of the plant's life".

Anyway, while trimming and hanging the buds, I noticed pretty hues of light purple and blue. The OGR and Kushit plants produced some nice tight buds that were easy to manicure, whereas the Granny's were more fluffy and required more detail when manicuring. I will be patient and let it cure before I try some. I'll get some bud pics up before too long. Thank you all for your support and comments this far. I'm not much of a social butterfly and appreciate the discussion.

She looks happy.

I am about to harvest my first few plants in about 2 weeks Some are still like 2 months away lol...

Well, good luck and thanks for your past thoughts as well. I was getting concerned due to the 100% humidity around here at night. I didn't want to find any mold and am glad there hasn't been. Happy harvesting to you, Jim.

You could always hit them with a little coating of anti fungal. Like Neem or theres many others too. I still foliar feed my buds at week 6 and 7 without mold. Part of that is from the anti fungals and part is I have low humidity in my area (50% is really high for night time here)

You could always hit them with a little coating of anti fungal. Like Neem or theres many others too. I still foliar feed my buds at week 6 and 7 without mold. Part of that is from the anti fungals and part is I have low humidity in my area (50% is really high for night time here)

I wouldn't want to spray anything on my flowering plants. Wouldn't that ruin a crop? Especially Neem oil?!? :trance:

nah, not if done right.

Like I said I foliar spray them often. As well as spray bt/neem/soap/rosemary for pest control.

I smoked a premature bud that got knocked off the plant. It was sprayed with neem and soap 2 days before I smoked it It was harsh because it didnt have any flush time or cure/dry but it tasted fine.

nah, not if done right.

Like I said I foliar spray them often. As well as spray bt/neem/soap/rosemary for pest control.

I smoked a premature bud that got knocked off the plant. It was sprayed with neem and soap 2 days before I smoked it It was harsh because it didnt have any flush time or cure/dry but it tasted fine.

To each his own. I personally wouldn't ingest cannabis, vegetables, fruit, etc. after being sprayed with pesticides, neem, soap, or anything like that. One place lost my business forever after I tasted some soapy bud.

Nearly all buds at a dispensary have been sprayed with things. The problem with them is being sprayed wrong, or worse being sprayed with something harmful.

Nearly all buds at a dispensary have been sprayed with things. The problem with them is being sprayed wrong, or worse being sprayed with something harmful.

More than half the stuff at dispensaries I've been to aren't organic, which is bad enough, or they have pretty looking flowers that weren't flushed before harvest, or subjected to petroleum based, synthetic nutrients. Perhaps that is what you mean by sprayed wrong or with harmful ingredients. Now, I understand there are companies like Sierra Natural Science which sell systematic pest control composed of rosemary extract and oil like SNS 209 fed directly to roots. Spraying flowers with Neem, Safer Soap, etc. are going to ruin the natural flavor even if smoking Neem isn't toxic. I could see doing it in the vegetative state and having enough time for the residuals to become non existent. Perhaps I'm just lucky with limited experience and outdoor growing that pest and mold problems haven't been that much of a battle. I've cut out and disposed of some bud with suspected mold in the past and littered the area with ladybugs and beneficial nematodes. I know one thing though. I've grown organic to great detail with vegetables and fruit and wouldn't expect anyone to ingest what I wouldn't. If anything I'm learning how to combat nutrient deficiencies, and have much to learn about soil recipes. More preparedness for next year.

If I thought it would effect the taste negatively or be toxic I wouldnt do it.

I keep it all organic. Plus potency and taste are my biggest concerns.

I have had a small mold problem. When i find any at all. All the plants get a vinegar and water spray. The plants have loved the folar spray, and its only vinegar and water. Unless the smoke tastes like pickles, its ok. I tried a lot of things ,but in budding i would only use vinegar and water no mold in weeks ...and it does no harm.
i wouldn't want to spray anything on my flowering plants. Wouldn't that ruin a crop? Especially neem oil?!? :trance:

Hi Lee. Here are some pics of some of my curing buds:
OGR
Oct_001.jpg

Kushit
Oct_003.jpg

Granny D
Oct_005.jpg

The pics don't do justice. What I've noticed about the buds, especially the Granny, is that the pistils are long and fine, and the trichomes are very fine, covering much of the protruding leaves that most people trim off. I gave some to some good friends of mine who have cancer and they loved it. Granny and OGR are fruit scented and the Kushit reminds me more of an earthy Mex/Colombian scent. I have another almost ready for curing. I'll try to get better pics on the next one.

Back
Top Bottom