Maer's 540W Advanced LED — G13/Haze - DIY 4" PVC Revised StevehmaNFT Grow

Re: Maer's 540W Advanced LED – G13/Haze - DIY 4" PVC Revised StevehmaNFT Grow

Yea... I didn't read enough news until recently... how long until the DEA subpenas the states prescription records and shows up at our doors? Do HIPPA laws apply to the DEA??

Yea... I didn't read enough news until recently... how long until the DEA subpenas the states prescription records and shows up at our doors? Do HIPPA laws apply to the DEA??

Geez, you would think so, that is so lame, bummed about the whole ordeal going on in our country regarding this. Plants look good tho. End on positive note.:high-five:

New animation:

10TO20.gif

You can really see the buds fattening up, this is 3 pics per day for a total of 10 day and 30 pics.

Same plants:
P1020217.JPG

Here are some pics from today.

The clones have some roots, only the ones in the center it seems. Water temps are 70 set temp on the chiller, ph 6.1 ppm 350 which is half strength clonex solution. That makes 10 days I think from cutting.

P10208181.JPG

P10208251.JPG

The res is very clear with 5ml or zone in about 8gal of water.
P1020827.JPG

And some bud shots:
Today:
P1020832.JPG

3 days ago:
P1020769.JPG

P10208351.JPG
P10208411.JPG

Love the time-lapse. You can see those two big colas in the back getting fat and then starting to lean and then over they go.

Well, there was a minor disaster yesterday - the HEPA filter fell into the nute res. The only casualty was the HEPA itself, but it did cause the chiller to shut down (no damage thank god), and the water temps went up to 77 deg. I think that contributed to the plant falling over.

At some point I was concerned about the airflow in the lightbox, not so much now.

P1020850.JPG

I also measured the temps at the center of the box and got around 95-98, on the inside, so I consider that in range considering the surface of the light is that temp normally.

Looks good Maer, 4 more weeks.....

4 more weeks? Harvest day is Wednesday and I dont think I can leave them until then, my DH is running damm near constantly to keep up with all the moisture put out by the buds.

4 more weeks? Harvest day is Wednesday and I dont think I can leave them until then, my DH is running damm near constantly to keep up with all the moisture put out by the buds.
Do you have your clones for round two ready? I know how quickly the timeline gets away from me. I had to create a spreadsheet to tell me when to clone for the next grow.

Last grow I missed my timeline by two weeks and had to wait to get the chamber back in action.

The next round is going to be insane. It looks like you will have a great harvest with this one, even with all of the issues you've had. Next grow you will have this dialed in and really crush it!

It will be crazy! The clones for the next run are just showing roots, so they will be ready soon, two weeks? I plan on at least a week of downtime to retool a bit - the overhead beam needs to be reinforced, I want to get the coolant loop running (AND TESTED), I want to implement and easier way to move my light. I was thinking about a mover and using only the 400DS in an extremely light vented box - possibly 1x2s and Masonite vs now I have 1x6 and 3/4" ply (very heavy).

When all retooling is done I plan to move them in after cleaning and a dry period of a couple days. I will veg to 6" and 2 tops then gogogogo, depending on how long that may or may not happen in the cloner.

Maer, you may try making your light box out of foil faced foam board. Use the HVAC foil tape to stick it together. Very light, rigid, and easy to fab, and it's insulated. I use it for "tents"

Here are some pics from harvest day, total wet plant mass was 2193g before trimming, roots after a drip time of mins 4443g.

The roots grew in a dense column then downstream in a carpet, next time with a lower water level I should be able to avoid the column becoming so dense. This may also be due to the fact the plants grew a second set of roots 3 weeks in.

DSCF0780.JPG

One if the plants:

DSCF0777.JPG
DSCF07831.JPG

Shots of all the buds hanging to dry, I installed a carbon filter in this room so it doesn't stink. This is also the room with the window box, so no sun gets in.

DSCF07921.JPG
DSCF07881.JPG
DSCF07902.JPG

It will be somewhere between 220g and 440g dry (10-20%) or so I think.

What do you think about wet to dry percents? I have read some say 90% weight loss all the way down to 75%. I would think hydro is on the high side with constant hydration?

25% seems to get me in the ballpark as well.

Is this 100% LED bud?

25% seems to get me in the ballpark as well.

Is this 100% LED bud?

Yea all AdvancedLED bud at that. Some of the bottom stuff is a little airy but I blame that on a horrible first couple of weeks.

I plant to get a mover and I might go with 400W only and see where I can max my GPW out at. I know that would mean less buds overall but I wonder what the GPW would be.

Maer.....i was thinking about the light mover. Didnʻt want to deal with the mounting issues, however, let me know how it works out for you, i wanna see.:bravo::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom