Maer's - 760W Advanced LED — CO2/SGE/Water Cooled - G13Haze - DIY NFT 4" - Grow 4.0

Maer

Well here is goes! I transferred 14 clones to the system yesterday, 12 were good 2 were iffy. I put some hydroton in the lower portion of the net pot and a neoprene on top. Currently I am on 18/6 to veg to 6" with a topping.

P10301121.JPG
P1030111.JPG

The coolant loop is up and running, and stable. The coolant lines are fully insulated. The chiller is running on a dedicated pump, and the coolant res has a sensor in it.:

P10300941.JPG

P1030092.JPG

I mixed the nutes up at half strength transition mix things leveled out at:

4.3 pH
760 ppm

The res is being chilled by the STAINLESS STEEL wort chiller the return stream falls right inside it, you can also see the thermometer on the lower right of the first pic.

P10300991.JPG

P10300981.JPG

Some other things have changed in the mechanical room, and in the closet. The six inch fan now feeds the light box with nice cool outside air, temps in the middle if the box are 65F...

P1030102.JPG

New shelf adds some more storage space

P1030103.JPG

The 4" blower and the solenoid is connected to a power strip that is plugged in to the AIR-4 temperature socket:

P10301051.JPG

I have also started clones from my old moms which have passed on. (Killed them to make these clones)

P10300971.JPG

Here are my new teen moms that I plan to run through the bonsai regimen.

P10301171.JPG

Re: Maer's -=760W ADVANCED LED=— CO2/SGE/Water Cooled - G13Haze - DIY NFT 4" - Grow

CO2 is nice, last run I had problems which prevented my plant from reaching their potential, this time I hope to see the true potential of CO2.

The water cooling temps have been stable, I initially had it set for 72, but then went up for 75.

new76.jpg

Re: Maer's - 760W Advanced LED — CO2/SGE/Water Cooled - G13Haze - DIY NFT 4" - Grow

Signing in. Hope this one runs smoother for you.

Re: Maer's - 760W Advanced LED — CO2/SGE/Water Cooled - G13Haze - DIY NFT 4" - Grow

Signing in. Hope this one runs smoother for you.

Thanks man. Eventually I will stop making uncertainty principal jokes.

:welcome:

Re: Maer's - 760W Advanced LED – CO2/SGE/Water Cooled - G13Haze - DIY NFT 4" - Grow

Now you are ready to rock and roll Maer.....

Now you are ready to rock and roll Maer.....

Yes it would seem the rubber has met the road, the clones are taking off... the two that didn't have much root system continue to lose, but they will provide space for the others to fill in with luscious buds.

One thing I didn't mention is I am running 1ml/gallon of zone for the foreseeable future. I am just not willing to take the risk of a repeat of what happened last time.

Yes it would seem the rubber has met the road, the clones are taking off... the two that didn't have much root system continue to lose, but they will provide space for the others to fill in with luscious buds.

One thing I didn't mention is I am running 1ml/gallon of zone for the foreseeable future. I am just not willing to take the risk of a repeat of what happened last time.

So what did you change up to get these clones going?

Re: Maer's - 760W Advanced LED – CO2/SGE/Water Cooled - G13Haze - DIY NFT 4" - Grow

@ SteveHman - Welcome friend, I am hoping for no bumps in the road this time!

@ilikebike - The Air-4 has 4 120VAC ports one is controlled by temp (high temp only), another humidity, third is CO2, and the fourth is a night device that only comes on then the photo sensor is inactive.

There are a couple of drawbacks - the temperature control is high only which means if your night temps are low you will need to get a heater, which theoretically is what the night device port is for - but you would need an analog style heater with a dial that would not lose its setting when it loses power - I dont consider them safe for indoor use so I use a digital one that is always on and set to 65F. The CO2 port is turned off at night and if the temperature device is active. This is designed to prevent CO2 from coming out of your tank and being blow right out the window.

The way my setup works the CO2 port function is bad because my environment is sealed I dont need it to shut off when cooling, the light sensor also does not work because I am forced to mount it above the light box. The temperature sensor lead is a metal tube - VERY FRAGILE - and a pain in the ass, it is also too short (maybe 24 inches). Overall I would not recommend this unit.

Steve just got a nice electronic one that I think can do high and low temp and quite a bit more for just a few more dollars.

The CAP PPM-4 on the other hand has been solid once the sensor was calibrated. It has a very simple but effective design, 20 foot cord for the sensor and has held calibration for the past 4(3?) months.

New to the forums and this is my first Sub! Good luck, this forum has taught me a lot already!

This morning the numbers were:

6.3 pH
620 ppm
65F

I then added:

25ml zone
2.5ml H3PO4
25ml grow

The foam filter on the pump had some white bumps growing on it and the res was slightly cloudy.... I immediately checked the roots and found they were still white in good shape. Nonetheless I added enough zone to bring me slightly below aggressive strength. The plants looked a little yellow so I added 25ml of grow.

The numbers then settled at:

5.9 pH
720 ppM

The temps were stable and cooled the room, I had set the 6" fan to the high side of low, this was too low and caused some heat buildup in the closet, but not the light box.

TempHIDGraph6.jpg

I checked on the new moms and they were doing well (also a little yellow) I trimmed them up in accordance to the bonsai method.

The clones that I did in pure coir were looking OK I will pull one and look in a few more days.

So what did you change up to get these clones going?

I used the simple method steve tried with 50% pearlite 50% coir. I had them in a clear tub floating in another tub to warn the bottom to about 78. There was more light with 2x4ft t5h0 and 2x2ft t5HO. the lights were on the outside of the clear tub to alot of the light was cut by that. the inside temp was about 80 and high humidity.

It was still not as successful as I would like, I am running another set right now as an experiment in 100% coir. On the ones I did use gel I used the ez cloner gel not clonex and some I scraped and dipped, some only dipped and some nothing at all so we will see what makes the difference hopefully.

Today's numbers:

5.9 pH
690 ppm

The plants are still yellow, roots have some slimecoat but they are still white.... but then again whatever was on the filter was white. This may be something zone will not kill... I odered hygrozyme but I am considering trashing this run and going with the backup batch of clones in process now.

P1030220.JPG
P1030219.JPG
P1030222.JPG

Back
Top Bottom