Maer's Perpetual - LED - T5 - C99 - G13/Haze - Bubblegummer

Maer

Background

I am a medical patient, MMJ helps me with bipolar mania, and pain from my carpel tunnel syndrome.

I started my endeavors growing back in January. I started about 30 seeds from cannabisseeds.com, 6 of them germinated. Those plants vegged for about 3 months because I was a newb and also I was waiting to earn some cash to buy a second 180W LED from advanced LED. I flowered those they turned out terribly airy and crappy. I made lots of newb mistakes with these and wrote the whole thing off as a learning experience, although I did get about 2 months worth of meds out of the deal. Total dry yield from 3 plants was 110g :( The 4th plant was so airy there were no buds to trim, eventually some hash oil was made with it, but about a gram yield from the whole plant.

Once I saw the low germination rate of the seeds from cannabisseeds.com I thought something might be up so I placed an order with The Attitude Seedbank - a sponsor. I ordered a 5 pack of G13 / Haze and got two free seeds - a Bubblegummer and a C99. All of them sprouted but I managed to kill one of the G13 / Haze so I wound up with 6 seedlings.

The C99, G13/Haze, and Bubblegummer vegged for about 4 months total while the first batch "flowered". I decided they were too unwieldy to be mothers so I trimmed them heavily and put them in flower. They were about 4 feet tall when they started flower and through a combination of methods I kept the height down to about 5.5 feet.

I took clones from each of the plant before putting them in flower, and now I have some manageable sized mothers.

Here are the moms:
P10105601.JPG

Re: Maer's Perpetual - LED / T5 - C99, G13/Haze, Bubblegummer

So for now the plants in flower are in smart pots. I built a truss to hold the T5's and 3X LEDs, under the plants I have a linen rack to keep the pots off the ground and allow air underneath.

Flower plants showing smartpots and linen rack:
P10105291.JPG

Here is a shot of the truss:
P1010535.JPG

Here is a shot of my fan setup, I have two 9" clip fans and a 23" tower fan. I have removed all the lower foliage on the plants because they don't produce much and to allow for air circulation. These plants were supercropped twice, but since they were crowded in veg the 4 tops did not grow evenly.
P10105621.JPG

Maer,
Looking better, did you get the issues worked out to reduce/eliminate the airy buds?

Is that an all blue veg light? I was curious about getting one to replace my T5 for the clones cloner. How does it work? I imagine it's good-to-go, I am very happy with my Advanced LEDs, and they seem to have things worked out pretty well.

Looks like you'll have meds for awhile on this one. Good job.

Well, here is the deal, the airy buds were prolly due to many newb issues.

1. Fed them full strength nutes most of thier lives.

2. Left all the lower branches on, let them veg WAY too long.

3. It may have been too hot 85+ lights on most of the time.

4. They got pollinated.

5. I stressed them out at the beggining of flower by putting in side lights that burned the leaves that touched them.

6. Humidity was too high in flower.

7. Shit genetics.

8. Lack of light, had 1 Advanced 180 and 1 180 from an ex sponsor in a 2x6 area that was not enough.

Any or all of those things could be what did it. This time things are looking much much better. I think also its possible my first Advanced 180 is a clunker. The one I just got is much hotter, and the plants underneath it are much larger even thought the same strain, although they are not cloned from the same plant.

The all blue works awesome, almost too well as my moms are growing like crazy. I decided to leave them in the one gallon smart pots, I planned to transplant them in to 3 gal pots but they do what I need them to do in 1 gal - so why bother.

Next grow I am building an NFT system much like yours. I figure I can fit 18 plants in the grow area.

Sounds like a plan. I love the NFT system, it is easy and reliable. Go 12/12 from clone and keep the canopy manageable, and you're set.

Looks like the first grow was a good example of what to avoid in the future. I had the same thing happen with my first run, almost everything you described I went through and ended up with a bunch of popcorn. Better genetics and a better understanding of growing and the second grow was good, third was awesome. Now I am experimenting with ways to refine my setup. The funny thing is, I rarely use any of the meds, I almost enjoy growing it more.

Watered both flower and bloom today. I water my 3 gallon pots with 1.25 gal straight RO for the flower plants and 1tsp / gal grow big for the moms. I only feed moms nutes when they show some sort of deficiency, I figure why waste nutes - I need them to grow slower if anything.

Watered both flower and bloom today. I water my 3 gallon pots with 1.25 gal straight RO for the flower plants and 1tsp / gal grow big for the moms. I only feed moms nutes when they show some sort of deficiency, I figure why waste nutes - I need them to grow slower if anything.
Same with me, I almost starve them until a week before I take clones and then give them a little juice so they shoot out some new growth to cut. Then it's back to bread and water for them.

I harvested my first plant couple days back, dry weight was 62.6 grams. It was the C99 7 week strain. Honestly it is a lot less than I had hoped. The smell is fantastic smokes great. Made some hash oil with the leaf that I quick dried with some drierite desiccant.

I scoped the plant I think is next in line for harvest, it had amber trichs on the leaves only. The small leaves that come out of the buds... do these areas usually turn first?

Will post pics later.

Also after conferring with steve on the numbers i calculated that the nutrient dosers would need to add 3ml per hour to the NFT res for the main nutes and 3ml every other hour for the additives. I also found a meter that fits a garden hose type connection, I plan to put that between my RO res and my nute res so I can track how much water is being used.

The Water Saver usage meter is from Home depot, $25 and is digital.

Reef Doser
Reef Doser - Aqua Medic

The second plant to be chopped was a G13 - Haze It had a very spicy smell to it and smokes the same way very exotic. The yield was only 47 grams dry, for a 4 foot tall plant... I chopped 2 more plants last night both G13-Haze, one had a cherry cough syrup smell the other had a grape soda / bubblegum smell. I hope they retain the same taste and smells I smelled during harvest.

I made some awesome hash oil from the g13 haze, it was super sticky at first and when I woke up the next morning it was almost like a powder. This stuff was even more potent than the stuff I made from the C99, one hit wonder shit.

I got a second all blue light from Advanced today, set it up and spread out my moms while I am waiting for my 60 site cloner.

I am looking forward to seeing the all-blue light in action, I might have to pick one up once I see how yours works. Did you get the dosing system set up? Put up some pics when it's fully operational.

Did you go with the 60 site ez cloner? Mine is awesome, my DIY one did great as well, but this is so much easier to use. It is a bit noisier though. The pump is much higher output than my DIY one was, but they really crank out the roots fast.

@ Stevehman

Well this is my second all blue 180 from advanced, works really well.

I have a 60 site on order from my local hydro place, he gave me a really good price on a 120 but it didn't fit in the space.

The grape smelling plant seems to have dried with the grape taste and smell. The cherry one not so much.. kinda smells nasty like a strong haze smell. They are both G13 - haze from the same seed pack but very different. The trim should be dry tomorrow and I cant wait for the hash oil...

So that leaves two plants, the bubblegummer and one more g13 - Haze.

I am planning on ordering the reservoir chiller today - the plants will be out in two days and I will be re tooling the closet to an NFT setup.

The cherry plant has a heavy haze taste, no so much of a cherry taste any more. So far we have

12 - C99 - Has a classic chronic taste
7 - G13 / Haze - Haze taste
8 - G13 / Haze - Grape
10 - G13 / Haze - Grape
9 - G13 / Haze - Spice
11 - Bubblegummer - No taste test yet

We harvested the last two plants at 9 weeks even, still no ambers on the buds but some on the sugar leaves.

Bubblegummer and C99 have been deemed inferior and have been executed. Bubblegummer smoked like ass, and C99 just didn't compare to the taste and high the G13 / Hazes had. So next grow will be a shootout between the grapes to see which is the better yielder. As they mature we will also judge them on the flavor, 10 seems to be a heavier grape taste, so if it matches 8 in yield it will likely be the winner.

So I have some final numbers.

7 Haze 69.9
8 Grape 83.8
9 Spice 47
10 Grape 61.8
11 BG 69
12 C99 62.7
Total harvest 394.2
True watts 745
g/watt 0.529127517

______________________Watts
Advanced LED 180 1..........121
Advanced LED 180 2..........188
Some other 180 12 W.L......193
Flourecents(2 4ft, 9 2ft).....243

So this explains to me some of the problems that I am having with the first Advanced LED 180, it is drawing 1/3 less wattage than the newer (same model as far as I know from the site) one.

Back
Top Bottom