Mag/pH issues

tokeycones

Hey guys on my 2nd grow here. So my girls are on day 30 from sprout, here is a pic of day 19 they were healthy here however now i have a noticeable mag deficiency and a little N, i have been phing to 5.8 so i figiured new strain is just a heavier calmag feeder so i increased calmag by 50ppm per feeding issue was still persisting, Tested my solution at 5.8 recalibrated it then tested that same solution and it was 5.4. Not sure how long it has been out for but woud being this acidic in coco be causing mag/n lockouts and to correct should i just give 20% runoff at corrected ph for a while and wait? sorry camera broke no pic but it is 100% a mag issue, Light green on leaves with dark veins and the whole plant is lighter green than it should be so im thinking thats the N

Attachments

• 52702808_2072597406161891_2519253019254587392_n.jpg
    52702808_2072597406161891_2519253019254587392_n.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 43
phone camera is trash makes it look a bit greener than they actually are ect.

Attachments

• mag 2.jpg
    mag 2.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 41
  • mag.jpg
    mag.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 47
Ye i have a terrible phone camera so the whole plant shots show nothing really, my theories are the ph being off by a bit or maybe it's a bit of dry stress as my rh is between 40-50 waiting on my humidifier

Attachments

• ahhhhhhh.jpg
    ahhhhhhh.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 43
  • kushb.jpg
    kushb.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 49
  • yeye.jpg
    yeye.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 42
Low pH will lock out magnesium - it's best absorbed at 6.0 or higher. You found the reason I use the pH drops and don't rely on a meter that needs calibration. I suggest straightening out your pH first by feeding at 6.0 or higher until the run off pH is close to the same that's going in.

You didn't mention your nutes, type of water, or feeding schedule? Also, was your coco buffered?

Ye i have a terrible phone camera so the whole plant shots show nothing really, my theories are the ph being off by a bit or maybe it's a bit of dry stress as my rh is between 40-50 waiting on my humidifier

Hey guys on my 2nd grow here. So my girls are on day 30 from sprout, here is a pic of day 19 they were healthy here however now i have a noticeable mag deficiency and a little N, i have been phing to 5.8 so i figiured new strain is just a heavier calmag feeder so i increased calmag by 50ppm per feeding issue was still persisting, Tested my solution at 5.8 recalibrated it then tested that same solution and it was 5.4. Not sure how long it has been out for but woud being this acidic in coco be causing mag/n lockouts and to correct should i just give 20% runoff at corrected ph for a while and wait? sorry camera broke no pic but it is 100% a mag issue, Light green on leaves with dark veins and the whole plant is lighter green than it should be so im thinking thats the N
If tru to up ph to 6 I am
In coco I run around 5.8-6.1 I let it bounce around in that area . Myself might just need more ?

Low pH will lock out magnesium - it's best absorbed at 6.0 or higher. You found the reason I use the pH drops and don't rely on a meter that needs calibration. I suggest straightening out your pH first by feeding at 6.0 or higher until the run off pH is close to the same that's going in.

You didn't mention your nutes, type of water, or feeding schedule? Also, was your coco buffered?

Yes Mick you are so right!
That is why it is good to have pH drift over during a nights watering cycle. Mine drifts from 5.8 to 6.0 +/-.

Yes Mike you are so right!
That is why it is good to have pH drift over during a nights watering cycle. Mine drifts from 5.8 to 6.0 +/-.
Agree 100% with you guys, iim usually 5.8 going in 6.0-6.1 in run off, coco was conditioned at 6.0 before transplanting, The issue was my pen guys. i've been .5-6 lower than the actual readings which is explains the no mg and lower N, have re callibrated just waiting on the next dryback for a corrected watering as they are still quite wet

Nutes=Nutrifield coco A+B(400ppm), Root nectar, Fullife, Veg ignitor. calmag(150ppm), tap water(30ppm)
bubbled for 1 hour minimum with air stone before adding nutrients, ph'ed too 5.8-6.0 watering to 20% runoff after i get roughly 30% dryback

Back
Top Bottom