Mag7 Grows In High Brix - Ace Panama & Ace Peyote Purple

Mag7

Well after careful consideration I have decided to continue Bri use my journal here on the best mag ever with the best peeps to help me fulfill my grow. Thanks to all the HighBix growers who have encouraged me and helped me along the way, even during this short time. I hope you enjoy what I have ventured into as much as I have enjoyed your grows as well!! Now let's rock roll!!

What strain is it?

Is it Indica and Sativa

What percentages?

Is it in Veg for 22 days

Indoor
DBHBB Soil
What size pot: 1 gal into 7 gal

Size of light: 2 mars hydro reflector series 96 series and 1 mars hydro 48 series

Is it air cooled: no

Temp of Room/cab?: 77

RH of Room/cab?:50

PH of media or res? Non needed duh

Any Pests ? Some gnats, ugh, old house

How often are you watering? Every 9-10 days right now
Type of nutes: DBHBB

Strain(s) - Ace Panama and Ace Peyote Purple
# of Plants: 6

Journal #1

Mar 2 2017 8pm Germination in Ro water
5 panama red, 3 panama by Ace seeds: Sativa Strain

Mar 3 2017 6pm: All seed planted in DBHB, a dash of roots added and a paper towel soaked in RO water squeezed in to each to just moisten the soil. All in 1 gal square pots. Placed in the 4x4 text set on 11 and 13 light timers. 3 mars hydro LEDs set to turn off and on at 30 min intervals.

Mar 4 2017 4pm
All timers came on this morning with no issue. The temp are between 81 and 84f with 40-41 RH

Mar 7 day 4 in soil: #1 Ace Pananma popped the soil overnight.still waiting on 2 more and 5 Panama Red

Mar 8 day 5 in soil: #2 and 3 Ace seed popped. #3 is shrivel and will. It make it. Ace #1 is 3"tall at the end of day 2 of pop.

Still waiting on the old ladies, watered the soil with RO water to moisten the beans.

Mar 9 day 6 in soil: pulled all the ladies, didn't want to wait any long and waist time on them. Added 2 to RO water and will add ginger root to them in the morning just to see if I can get these to pop and two to rice and secure tube to try at a later date. One was lost in the soil that went back into the bins.

Water 2 Ace Panama with one cup RO water ea.

Started germination on 4 standard Peyote purple from Ace seed in RO water. Hope for at least 2 females

Mar 10 day 7 soil: added soil to both panama stretch seedlings and watered a bit.

4 PP have germinated, will put in soil this evening, planted in soil at 9:45.

Mar 12 day 9 in soil, not much happening on the surface

Mar 14 day 7 since pop, day 10 in soil [Ace Panama] day 2 for [Ace Peyote Purple]

Mar 15 day 8 since pop: watered AP 2 cups water.
Day 3 APP looking good while they stretch to the light. All smiles here.

Mar 16 day 4 APP since pop, fed 3/4 cup RO

Mar 17 day 10 AP Day 5 APP: switch light to 16/8 veg

Mar 19 day 12 AP Day 7 APP: added a cpl inches of topsoil to support stretching stems of all 6 seedlings and fill the one gal containers. This should cause root development higher in the container. Foiler sprayed plain RO.

Mar 23 day 16 AP day 11 APP
They look good and should get a feeding in 2 days. 7 days since water.
14 days in ginger water and the Vintage Pananma Reds have not germinated

Mar 25 day 16 AP and day 12 APP
Feb all plants RO water. I ran 3 cups through the AP one cup at a time with about 2 cups of run off collected. I ran the same about thought each of the APP and collected about 2.5 cups of run off water. All the run of was added to the veggies have growing in the tent before I transplant into the outside garden. Pics to follow:

420-magazine-mobile800847852.jpg
420-magazine-mobile953468779.jpg

PA
420-magazine-mobile367907161.jpg

APP
420-magazine-mobile789517350.jpg

420-magazine-mobile728623309.jpg

420-magazine-mobile509339128.jpg

outdoor garden for veggies

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

re: Mag7 Grows In Doc Bud's High Brix - Ace Panama & Ace Peyote Purple

I love it!!! Including the veges, ofc.

You are in for a fun ride. The old mars II set ups werent bad. But they had the old 3w chips which werent as decent in terms of final yield weights. The new reflector series with the 5w chips nearly out performed my incredibly expensive platinum LED. Which really did startle me.
Anyhoo! Exciting stuff!

Grow strong.

Thanks all and welcome. Ok so one mars reflector is a new 96 and the other two are the old versions. We'll see how they roll. I do have another tent that will turn in to a veg tent once the AP are ready to flower. It's a 400w fluorescent t5 set up. But I won't waste the energy until I need to. I am running an 8 exhaust fan as well.

The one stuntent AP is Believed to be this way for sure be reason. In past grows I had a lot of stretching and because of this I decided to leave some soil out of the pots. When they stretched I filled the pots to support the stem and hopefully create root growth up top. Well because of DBHBB the top soil creates a hard crust. On this one I did not scratch the surface to allow the new soil to blend. I believe this is the issue. All the others seem to be growing well as I have done the same but did in fact scratch the surface to allow the two souls to blend. That's all for tonight folks. Night!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

You'll love both these strains I think. My Panama harvest is still curing but it's a beautiful plant. Likewise the Peyote Purple- which won Nug of the Year. Good luck. :thumb:

You'll love both these strains I think. My Panama harvest is still curing but it's a beautiful plant. Likewise the Peyote Purple- which won Nug of the Year. Good luck. :thumb:

I think I had quoted your post in a thread last week. I was looking to see what you APP looked like during the grow, in interested in what I have to look forward to. Please feel free to share some pics and any little ''tis bits you may have.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I dont have many tidbits of info on the P Purple unfortunately- though I may be getting some more soon. . It was grown as a very small plant in a batch of drain to waste hydro plants I tried. Was always a kind of stunted looking thing - which happened to get very frosty and grew some beautiful looking bud on it.
I planted another PP seed last year - had some issues during flowering so I pulled it out and revegged it to let it grow it bigger and regain its health. I just put it into flowering last night. A different seed of course so I don't expect it to be exactly like the first one I grew.

Did you ever get those dark black leaf phebos during the drive? Mine seem to growing nicely in the seedling stage, almost better than the AP. I hope they don't get to stunted, but they are indicas.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

I will dig up some photos. I'm not sure why it was sort of wonky looking. The plants went through some hell with ph fluctuations in my reservoir- so it's probably not surprising. As for size- it was part of a batch grown deliberately small. This second one I am growing now, the reveg, is a fairly big, healthy and vigorous plant.

Edit- so here you go. I'll just quote some of my journal entries on the Peyote Purple. . It's quite a large dump of photos. I'd be sorry to bomb your journal with it- except you asked, so I won't won't apologize too much.

I harvested the Panama just a couple weeks ago so that's easy to find in my current journal.

:lot-o-toke:

I chopped three of the hex plants tonight. Ace Peyote Purple, Delicious Candy, and Ace Snow Moon. The PP wasn't real healthy under my tender loving care but she is still cool looking. And sticky. Gives meaning to the expression 'sugar leaf'.

image17989.jpeg

image17990.jpeg

image17988.jpeg

image17991.jpeg

Delicious Candy seemed pretty nice. Snow Moon a bit of a bore and didn't live up to the exotic name.

The Peyote Purple seems worth a second look though hey?

The Peyote Purple after 48 hours in the drying box.

image18065.jpeg

image18066.jpeg

image18068.jpeg

image18067.jpeg

yeah probably should have revegged this one...

Peyote Purple nug shots.

image18365.jpeg

image18378.jpeg

image18375.jpeg

image18373.jpeg

Thanks all and welcome. Ok so one mars reflector is a new 96 and the other two are the old versions. We'll see how they roll. I do have another tent that will turn in to a veg tent once the AP are ready to flower. It's a 400w fluorescent t5 set up. But I won't waste the energy until I need to. I am running an 8 exhaust fan as well.

The one stuntent AP is Believed to be this way for sure be reason. In past grows I had a lot of stretching and because of this I decided to leave some soil out of the pots. When they stretched I filled the pots to support the stem and hopefully create root growth up top. Well because of DBHBB the top soil creates a hard crust. On this one I did not scratch the surface to allow the new soil to blend. I believe this is the issue. All the others seem to be growing well as I have done the same but did in fact scratch the surface to allow the two souls to blend. That's all for tonight folks. Night!!

Mag, once you start dunking the soil will become compacted some. I had to top dress with fresh soil every now and then because of this. No worries.

Weasel, thats a nice frosty show going on guy. :bravo:

OK,...what's this!!!! Second page,...quite a crowd already..told ya...:slide: What i wanna know is....how come i'm just seein this now...? Eh!!:wood: Page two...wtf....:rofl:
Nice journal start Mag....i just set my cooler over in the corner there...it's the one with the Bob Marley poster on it...:tokin: Help yourself to a cold Stella, whenever. I'l be close by ...:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom