Mag7 Grows In High Brix - Ace Panama & Ace Peyote Purple

Mag7 Grows In Doc Bud's High Brix - Ace Panama & Ace Peyote Purple

Thanks guys, looking forward to the next few weeks.

Nice job man! You'll get the purple to come out next time. Winters the best time to flower if your temps fluctuate with the seasons in my experience. I put my space heater on the light timer so that nights drop into the high 60s. I got a plant to go black. Don't mind the crispy leaves, I fried my plants with to heavy of hand spraying it down with a neem treatment.
420-magazine-mobile1786372509.jpg

Congrats!

Nice job man! You'll get the purple to come out next time. Winters the best time to flower if your temps fluctuate with the seasons in my experience. I put my space heater on the light timer so that nights drop into the high 60s. I got a plant to go black. Don't mind the crispy leaves, I fried my plants with to heavy of hand spraying it down with a neem treatment.
420-magazine-mobile1786372509.jpg

Congrats!

Thanks bud, I appreciate it!! I'll get her one day for sure!! That girl looks Fantastic either way ..

Top of the mornin to ya 7 ! Great harvest my brotha! You have been "assimilated" ....:slide:....:thumb::Namaste::high-five:

Duggs!!! Yeah buddy, I'm stoked about it and looking forward to the cure. By the way, just be clear, what are your thought on drying?

I'd actually like to see what others do as well, Ima go looking around and read up today. I haven't done much of that..

Duggs!!! Yeah buddy, I'm stoked about it and looking forward to the cure. By the way, just be clear, what are your thought on drying?

I'd actually like to see what others do as well, Ima go looking around and read up today. I haven't done much of that..

There's a thread called Ziggy's slow and lo. It's a process I've been using lately to bring out the flavor. You have to be diligent though. I've had two plants worth go bad figuring out the process. Luckily, small plants, but it still sucks. It really does seem to enhance the flavor, but I've had it take up to 3+ weeks to dry to 65% where I throw in a boveda and close it up.

The standard procedure is to hang in a room with air movement for 3-7 days depending on the rh. The longer it takes to dry, the better. I've read that once the buds snap off the stem they are ready to jar. I've jarred it slightly before that as it seems a bit to dry for my taste. It's something that you get better at recognizing the more you do it.

Mag7 Grows In Doc Bud's High Brix - Ace Panama & Ace Peyote Purple

There's a thread called Ziggy's slow and lo. It's a process I've been using lately to bring out the flavor. You have to be diligent though. I've had two plants worth go bad figuring out the process. Luckily, small plants, but it still sucks. It really does seem to enhance the flavor, but I've had it take up to 3+ weeks to dry to 65% where I throw in a boveda and close it up.

The standard procedure is to hang in a room with air movement for 3-7 days depending on the rh. The longer it takes to dry, the better. I've read that once the buds snap off the stem they are ready to jar. I've jarred it slightly before that as it seems a bit to dry for my taste. It's something that you get better at recognizing the more you do it.

Yea sir, I follow that thread. I want to wait and get the basics down first before I attempt that process. Plus it's time consuming and I don't want to just yet lol. I have a few other things taking my time right now. ..

no.....
no air movement in drying room....got it.....none!....only exhaust !!!!!NO air movement!

:thumb:

'Cause they'll dry too fast on the outside, while the stems will still be green - makes stabilizing the RH harder.

Although, when that's happened to mine, I just pop them in a jar and the humidity redistributes - nice terp explosions, too. :cheesygrinsmiley: But it's tricky. I use Bovedas, so I don't have to worry much about the jar being too humid.

:thumb:

'Cause they'll dry too fast on the outside, while the stems will still be green - makes stabilizing the RH harder.

Although, when that's happened to mine, I just pop them in a jar and the humidity redistributes - nice terp explosions, too. :cheesygrinsmiley: But it's tricky. I use Bovedas, so I don't have to worry much about the jar being too humid.

Only thing about Boveda is that they don't absorb over the percentage of the package labeling they only reestablish rH in the jar to the specific percentage. This per the company videos. Great for long time storage not the best for curing, unless you are under your desired rH.

I believe this to be more true when the package is new. Maybe when it is old it has an absorption rate as well..... No, cause they dry out completely, if that's they case then they only emit moisture and not absorb it.

Funny how now that I'm a little stoned I want to go check my facts. I'm still. Going to post this though, just for feedback, in case anyone else wants to pop in lol..

Damn it..... I still think I'm right ..

Only thing about Boveda is that they don't absorb over the percentage of the package labeling they only reestablish rH in the jar to the specific percentage. This per the company videos. Great for long time storage not the best for curing, unless you are under your desired rH.

I believe this to be more true when the package is new. Maybe when it is old it has an absorption rate as well..... No, cause they dry out completely, if that's they case then they only emit moisture and not absorb it.

Funny how now that I'm a little stoned I want to go check my facts. I'm still. Going to post this though, just for feedback, in case anyone else wants to pop in lol..

Damn it..... I still think I'm right ..

Read or someone told me that you can re-hydrate the Boveda packs by putting them in
the refrigerator ? No idea if it works or not but just sayin

I've been using Bovedas for 4 years, including dozens of jars with herb 2-3 years old. I bought a total of 60 of them over time and I still have every single one. :cheesygrinsmiley: They last ... forever.

As they come, with 62% humidity established in the "stuff", they'll remove as much humidity as they can before they saturate. But a dry one will easily absorb more moisture. You can tell by weighing them. I've forgotten the numbers, but it ranges from something like 7 grams to 13 grams? Like that? Well, 6 grams is a fifth of an ounce. That makes a huge difference in a jar with only an ounce or so of herb in it.

If a pack goes dry, it'll plump right back up if you put it in a glass of water - as easy as that. If it gets hard and cakey it'll take a little more time.

I store my unused ones together in a sealed jar by themselves and they equalize each other out. Every one of them is still plump and usable. The only thing that concerns me about reusing them is the possibility of cross contamination of diseases and bug eggs. But if the produce is clean when it hits the jar, that shouldn't be a risky issue.

I've been using Bovedas for 4 years, including dozens of jars with herb 2-3 years old. I bought a total of 60 of them over time and I still have every single one. :cheesygrinsmiley: They last ... forever.

As they come, with 62% humidity established in the "stuff", they'll remove as much humidity as they can before they saturate. But a dry one will easily absorb more moisture. You can tell by weighing them. I've forgotten the numbers, but it ranges from something like 7 grams to 13 grams? Like that? Well, 6 grams is a fifth of an ounce. That makes a huge difference in a jar with only an ounce or so of herb in it.

If a pack goes dry, it'll plump right back up if you put it in a glass of water - as easy as that. If it gets hard and cakey it'll take a little more time.

I store my unused ones together in a sealed jar by themselves and they equalize each other out. Every one of them is still plump and usable. The only thing that concerns me about reusing them is the possibility of cross contamination of diseases and bug eggs. But if the produce is clean when it hits the jar, that shouldn't be a risky issue.

Do you use them for curing or storing?

Do you use them for curing or storing?

I use mine for storing and curing. I don't put one in the jar until the buds are around 62% RH, but then I continue curing them with a Boveda in with them.

I bought mine almost two years ago, and they're still going strong. Like Graytail said, the produce is clean, so no real chance of cross-contamination.

Perfect, makes me glad that I won't have to wait to use the one I bought for months down the road.

I have jars up the harvest and the weight in for both little plants was just at 5 oz. I'm happy with that, especially after I put the old soil in container and saw how my roots were definitely not as developed as they should have been.

I knew this was the problem all along. At this point I'm not sure if I spoke about this but I'm going to again.

Not letting the post dry out enough in veg cause the issues and I can see that they never really recovered.
I will be sure that my veg tent over the next 4 weeks gets well taken care of before next flip. I want the new roots to really take a hold in the new 15 gallon pots.

Roots people!!! Very very important!!!!!!

420-magazine-mobile1541035986.jpg

Panama in flower with about 2 maybe three weeks left.
420-magazine-mobile774321973.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1795909822.jpg
420-magazine-mobile190212699.jpg
420-magazine-mobile184196651.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1011316929.jpg
420-magazine-mobile253244187.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1793200610.jpg

Veg tent getting bushy in there. I try to thin her out but she fills in fast lol

420-magazine-mobile924534390.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1471090660.jpg

Fun time!!!
420-magazine-mobile1273431397.jpg

Like Sue, I use Bovedas to sort of insure the drying process, as well as storing long term.

I can dry the buds to a rough estimate and then jar them with a packet and check back in a couple days. It's relatively easy to feel the packet and tell if it's plumper than it was. If so, I swap it out for a fresh one and check back in another few days. It usually only takes the one swap. I've also done the opposite, resurrecting a harvest that sat on the strings too long and got crispy. I checked two days later and the packet was all skinny, so I swapped in two nice plump ones and voila, the next day it was soft again and smelled great! (I think this was the time I weighed them too - was surprised at the difference between skinny and fat).

The big difference is the relief - no stress, no worries about how moist it is in there. As long as the packet feels the same, it's keeping the jar at 62%, period.

:slide:

[Edit] BTW, when I'm done with my 6 gallon square plastic pots with the four little molded feet, I have a rootball that is a perfect impression of the inside of my pots, firm enough to bang against the inside of the tub with little effect. :straightface: I literally have to Tear it apart, handful by handful. It takes awhile. It's tedious. :cheesygrinsmiley: You'll definitely know if your roots were right. :laugh:

I gotta say that's what I'm hoping for! You've made me feel certain about my purchase that's for sure.

With the roots, I've noticed in my transplanting that my roots are not how I'd like them to be. I feel as though I'm following the proper procedures. I lift and then I even wait. Never killed a plant but I think I'm going to have to let these roots go at it this time.

Back
Top Bottom