Magic Butter Operating Instructions

MotaMan420

Hey all I know I've addressed this before -- but the limited replies I see posted tells me I didn't get through to the whole community.. There has to be more than one substantive reply - with regard to instruction of use or someone else's instruction based on past use..

So here it goes again, the owner's manual only discusses recipes for infusions using only a limited temp range -- but the offered options of higher temp settings is there with no explanation of their use.

And also, the same applies the to duration times that are offered. So I need to know if there are any guru's out there that have more experience with this machine and can offer advice on recipes and resources of information.

Thanks Much

MotaMan

Did you go to the company's website and look at the many different recipes there? I just quickly glanced at the website, and saw 160°F for one hour, 160°F for two hours, 130°F for eight hours, 130°F for one hour, 130°F for four hours (optionally, eight hours), 220°F for one hour - and that was just from the "base" recipes section. There are something like 15 additional categories, including tinctures and salves.

Also, I think you asked about using the sludge remnant? See:
Code:
https://magicalbutter.com/blogs/lotions-and-topicals/dont-throw-away-your-leftovers-7-ways-to-use-your-sludge

And a generic answer vis-à-vis the various time settings:
What does each button do?
Each button runs a preset, microprocessor-controlled cycle: grinding, heating, extracting, and stirring. To intensify your results, simply extend your extraction time by selecting a longer cycle. The standard cycle time for oil is 1 hour, for butter 2 hours, and for tincture 4 or 8 hours. The Clean function has a run time of about 3 minutes.

Finally, there's an active (45,000 member, apparently) Magical Butter Community on Facebook - but you'll have to visit the Magical Butter website to find it.

Website sucks -- I emailed support on Wednesday and still no answer -- . What I specifically want to know is that if I DO run at longer times and temps will I ruin my oils potency .. Processes of all kinds can render a good thing inert ! or ineffective.. I do not participate and never will in mind numbing Facebook - POS website..

I need to hear from the experimenters in this community -- where are they ? Tortured you seem to be the only one!

The FAQ section does not address any of these issues and you'd think that they would be - What affect does a longer run time and higher run temps have on the potency of my oils , tinctures? I need users of this machine to respond to my query...or other makers of oils and such .. Thanks Tortured

Where are the COOKERS?

MotaMan

Maybe @Marzbadrock would be kind enough to share some of his experiences, if he sees this. I just did a quick search, and he's the first person that mentioned using the device regularly that I saw who still can/does access the forum. I don't know whether he still uses it, though; the post I saw is 3½ years old.

Back
Top Bottom