Magical Butter 2e MCT Oil Questions

Lerm420

420 Member
Hi, I own the Magical Butter 2E Machine and have a couple of questions.

First is about the type of MCT oil. I can get these 2 products locally Coco Earth Liquid Coconut Oil 500ml - Coco Earth and The Juggernaut Coconut MCT Oil - Coco Earth. I bought the first linked one but after some research I think the other may be better. If it is will there be enough difference to warrant not using the first one? (the main concern I have between them is the first one seems to have a small amount of c12 in it and the other one says its purely c8 and c10. With potentially putting up to 56g worth of bud in it I wanted to make sure the first one would be good enough before using it)

Second question is about the timer setting on the MBM. The recipe that comes with it says 2 hours but I have read a few places that it will extract more thc on an 8 hour cycle, what timer do you recommend?

I have soy lecithin that is a oily granular type thing, it doesn't seem like it will break down so I am unsure about using it. I know liquid sunflower lecithin is the way to go but at this moment I can not get any locally and will have to order online for my next batch. Should I just put in some of the soy stuff or can it be detrimental?

Last question is about how much herb to put into the MBM, the recipe that comes with it says 14-28g per 500 ml. I plan to do 500ml but was thinking of putting 56g in it to make it stronger, my only worry is, will it be saturated to the point where thc will not be absorbed?

TLDR: What MCT oil from my links is best and what timer/temp/amount of bud per 500ml do you recommend for maximum potency? (taste doesn't bother me)

First thing to do is to correctly decarb the material you plan on using. You can make a concentrated oil and then dilute it as needed.

Both oil options seem good to me. Either way, they will get the job done.

I would definitely recommend some soy lecithin. It should be a powder though. Not granular. At least that's what I use.

Back
Top Bottom