Magical Butter Device Makes Hassle Free CannaButter

sry didn't know where to post but I purchased MB 2 How or what is the best way to clean nylon strainer ? I want to use it but want to know how to clean strainer first

Although I do like mb5200's idea of throwing the strainer in the washing machine, I do something entirely different. I used the strainer that the good folks at MB2e sent to me a couple of times and i had two difficulties. First, I had a hard time squeezing all the goodness out of the flower material. Some oil or butter would always spew out the top no matter how hard I twisted the top to try and prevent that from happening. And secondly, it was very, very difficult to clean. Here's what I do. I line a colander with two, doubled over pieces of cheesecloth which is available at any grocery store. I put one double layer of cheesecloth going one direction and then I place another double layer of cheesecloth perpendicular (90 degrees) to the first. This works beautifully for me. The infused oil drains through the cheesecloth into a mixing bowl. After it seems to be done draining, I removed the cheesecloth with the leftover weed and twist the cloth up tightly to squeeze the final few drops of infused oil out. So I figure that just because the good folks at MB2 sent us a strainer doesn't mean we have to use it. I have used it and I like my method better.

As a bonus - I think I mentioned this in another post - I keep the left over MB2 weed which is all wrapped up in cheesecloth. It is a ball a little bigger than a ping pong ball and smaller than a tennis ball and I save them up in the freezer. After I saved 8 or 9 I put them in a double boiler with a pound butter it see if it could still work. Bingo. Amazing cannabutter. I am still experimenting with this and for all I know I could have infused two pounds of butter instead of the one that I did. Anyway, I did heave out those left over pouches of weed and I have started assembling another group to continue my experiments.

Hey all... just want to say I've just had the best customer service with my MB machine in all my years of online shopping. Bought the machine from a company in Toronto a couple of months ago and only used it 2 times and noticed a crack in the handle and a small piece of the plastic fell off of the upper handle. I had no reply from the company I bought it from but when I contacted the MB company, they responded right away and after a couple of email responses gathering required info for the process, they said my new machine would be shipped in 48 hrs and I didn't have to send back my broken machine. I'm in Canada and only had to pay 15.00 duty when I picked it up. I'm super pleased with their exceptional customer service. I love the machine!!!

Hey there Digimom - Welcome aboard! I agree with you that the Magical Butter machine is awesome. I am surprised and pleased that they honored your replacement request since they are usually fairly insistent that it be bought from them or an authorized reseller. I guess your shop must have been one of the authorized dealers. Sounds like the MB people are solid, nice folks. All the more reason to shop their products.

Don't forget to decarboxylate your medicine if you aren't going to expose it to high temperatures before or during ingesting it. I used to do that via Sous Vide method but that was a lot of work. Now I use a Nova device made by the Ardent company. On a side note, and this is important, Ardent has been contributing mightily and publicly to the Massachusetts Yes on 4 ballot initiative - the initiative that will legalize cannabis in Massachusetts. It is nice to see people who are in the industry actually contributing to the legalization campaigns. There hasn't been enough of that in Massachusetts and it is disappointing to me. Last time I was in my local dispensary in Northampton, MA, I asked what they had done to support Question 4 and they said they had done nothing. I asked why not and they replied that they are officially staying neutral. I found that to be a HUGE cop out.

Hey there Digimom - Welcome aboard! I agree with you that the Magical Butter machine is awesome. I am surprised and pleased that they honored your replacement request since they are usually fairly insistent that it be bought from them or an authorized reseller. I guess your shop must have been one of the authorized dealers. Sounds like the MB people are solid, nice folks. All the more reason to shop their products.

Don't forget to decarboxylate your medicine if you aren't going to expose it to high temperatures before or during ingesting it. I used to do that via Sous Vide method but that was a lot of work. Now I use a Nova device made by the Ardent company. On a side note, and this is important, Ardent has been contributing mightily and publicly to the Massachusetts Yes on 4 ballot initiative - the initiative that will legalize cannabis in Massachusetts. It is nice to see people who are in the industry actually contributing to the legalization campaigns. There hasn't been enough of that in Massachusetts and it is disappointing to me. Last time I was in my local dispensary in Northampton, MA, I asked what they had done to support Question 4 and they said they had done nothing. I asked why not and they replied that they are officially staying neutral. I found that to be a HUGE cop out.

Hey there... thanks for the welcome! I'm a complete noob with all this and even grew for the first time this year... so far so good but I have ALOT to learn so I really like this forum. I did get the MB from an authorized dealer so the warranty was good... I wasn't pleased they didn't respond to me about it though so I won't be going back to them. I did decarb first. I'll check out your suggestions. Thanks!
:thumb:

Don't forget to decarboxylate your medicine if you aren't going to expose it to high temperatures before or during ingesting it. I used to do that via Sous Vide method but that was a lot of work. Now I use a Nova device made by the Ardent company. .

Hey there BHT, there's some good info there! I googled the Ardent decarb device and they claim "no smell". I live in an environment where I cannot risk the smell that oven decarb would produce... is the Ardent device really NO smell?

If it is, I can use that, plus a Magic butter machine to get high quality medicine, without the risk of discovery.

Does that make sense?

HI Danolo - I have used my Ardent Nova (now also called a Lift for use in non-Medical Marijuana states) several times and decarbed several ounces of medicine. It seems to work well although I am still testing. I would prefer that the Nova tell us the actual temperature inside the device but they don't. The Nova is basically saying "Trust me with your weed. I won't hurt it." And so far that has been the case. But to answer your question, yes, the Ardent Nova is essentially odor-free. I suggest, and the Ardent folks may do this, too, don't remove the lid the moment the decarb is finished. Let is cool down and settle down and there will be no odor when you open it up. A little odor may escape if you open it up while it is still hot but don't worry about the odor during the decarb process.

Are you using the decarbed weed to make cannabutter or cannacoconut oil? I do both in the MB2e machne with good results. Enjoy.

Hey again Danolo - You inspired me to dig out my Nova, and I am in the process of running 2 ounces of bud through it right now. This means that I have to go through five complete cycles since I can't fit quite a half ounce in the vessel. So it will take me around 10 hours to do the two ounces. (I wish they made a bigger unit.) I hadn't used mine in a few months so it was fun to fire it up again. I did notice a very slight, and I mean very slight, aroma. It was something that even a scented candle would mask. Or if you are in a warm climate or it is a warm season when you are doing this, all you need to do is open a window. The odor is minuscule. Tiny. You may not even smell it.

Also, and this could be interesting, I am doing a scientific study. I kept one gram of bud out of my batch as a Control Sample - no decarbing at all. Then I kept one gram of bud that I had decarbed with the Ardent Nova device. And finally one more gram of weed from that batch that I decarbed using my old method with the Nova Sous Vide machine. I am taking all three samples to the testing lab and see what the status is on the THC. (I am in a Cannabis Legal state - and it feels good to finally be able to say that.) When I decarb using the Nova Sous Vide machine, I do it as 200 F which some people thought was too low (but it's not). Then I read that the Ardent Nova heats the buds no higher than 120 C which translates into 248 F. I have serious concerns that 248 F might be too hot, so I will let the scientists at the lab inform me. Stay tuned.

Hey again Danolo - You inspired me to dig out my Nova, and I am in the process of running 2 ounces of bud through it right now. This means that I have to go through five complete cycles since I can't fit quite a half ounce in the vessel. So it will take me around 10 hours to do the two ounces. (I wish they made a bigger unit.) I hadn't used mine in a few months so it was fun to fire it up again. I did notice a very slight, and I mean very slight, aroma. It was something that even a scented candle would mask. Or if you are in a warm climate or it is a warm season when you are doing this, all you need to do is open a window. The odor is minuscule. Tiny. You may not even smell it.

Also, and this could be interesting, I am doing a scientific study. I kept one gram of bud out of my batch as a Control Sample - no decarbing at all. Then I kept one gram of bud that I had decarbed with the Ardent Nova device. And finally one more gram of weed from that batch that I decarbed using my old method with the Nova Sous Vide machine. I am taking all three samples to the testing lab and see what the status is on the THC. (I am in a Cannabis Legal state - and it feels good to finally be able to say that.) When I decarb using the Nova Sous Vide machine, I do it as 200 F which some people thought was too low (but it's not). Then I read that the Ardent Nova heats the buds no higher than 120 C which translates into 248 F. I have serious concerns that 248 F might be too hot, so I will let the scientists at the lab inform me. Stay tuned.
So what did you find out, inquiring minds want to know?

So did you get lab results?

Excuse my long delay answering... family and holidays..

Well my local store has these for sale but I still don't know if it's worth the hefty price tag. Decarb isn't a problem for me and just setting the crock pot for 6 hours is no trouble either. I can see how this can save time but I have a lot of time so I don't see a reason for me to get this?

You will be so glad you noticed how MUCH you'll have to strain and how awkward it is. Personally, I've always made it a 2-person event. I'd feel much more comfortable having an apparatus to squeeze rather than attempt further reliance on my tired hands

HI Danolo - I have used my Ardent Nova (now also called a Lift for use in non-Medical Marijuana states) several times and decarbed several ounces of medicine. It seems to work well although I am still testing. I would prefer that the Nova tell us the actual temperature inside the device but they don't. The Nova is basically saying "Trust me with your weed. I won't hurt it." And so far that has been the case. But to answer your question, yes, the Ardent Nova is essentially odor-free. I suggest, and the Ardent folks may do this, too, don't remove the lid the moment the decarb is finished. Let is cool down and settle down and there will be no odor when you open it up. A little odor may escape if you open it up while it is still hot but don't worry about the odor during the decarb process.

Are you using the decarbed weed to make cannabutter or cannacoconut oil? I do both in the MB2e machne with good results. Enjoy.

MagicalButter.com now has a DECARBOX THERMOMETER COMBO PACK. Just purchased it, it has a thermometer attached to it so you know the temp inside the box. The DecarBox™ allows you to effortlessly activate fresh herbs to your specific desired potency! (See Decarb Directions on pages 6-8 for a step-by-step guide.) Food-grade silicone shell prevents loss of valuable plant compounds Elevates natural herbal potency Precision integrated thermometer with stay-cool external digital display Oven-safe shell ensures maximum retention of beneficial phytonutrients The most effective decarboxylation system available DecarBox / Thermometer Combo Pack The DecarBox features an integrated digital probe thermometer. This device lets you easily calibrate your oven for precise accuracy during decarboxylation and baking. DecarBox bakes herbs better!

Well my local store has these for sale but I still don't know if it's worth the hefty price tag. Decarb isn't a problem for me and just setting the crock pot for 6 hours is no trouble either. I can see how this can save time but I have a lot of time so I don't see a reason for me to get this?

Because you need another kitchen gadget? Store it next to the Cuisinart and the waffle iron. ;)

Back
Top Bottom