Magical Butter tincture

Slavicboiv

420 Member
Hey there, recently made tincture with the mb2 but the power went out Restarted the process and now ive got cloudy tincture which im unsure of if works

I'm not sure exactly how a tincture works, but I've heard some people running their stuff through the Magical Butter twice, or cooking it twice with whatever (insta-pot, pressure cooker, etc), can improve the potency. I'm sure someone else could chime in on a double cooked strength, but not sure who.

while I’m not an expert by any stretch, I’ve read that liquid soy lecithin added in last stage of cooking helps potentiate meds or whatever and it’s necessary to eat a fatty snack 20 minutes before dosing oils, tinctures or edibles.

That sounds fine to me but then you read crap like....less is more.... or more is less.... and all kinds of weird stuff. I know from my testing it helps to dose and hold the meds under the tongue for 5 minutes before swallowing, another tip is microdosing. Maybe try it fresh one morning before you do any other wake & bake activities. Take a dose, don’t swallow, swirl and hold it under the tongue. Repeat the dose in 10 minutes and so on.

My last cook was a batch of green dragon. I ran 4 zips of good airy bud that I decarbed first and washed with 10 liquid ounces of 151 Rum. I washed it thru 3 or 4 passes then added LSL and heat reduced it down to 5 liquid ounces.

It’s way different that hitting a doobie, we all know how that works right? It may take a few runs to build your skills cooking it down. It’s a lot like chewing cannabis cobs, that works but it’s not the same quick onset as burning one.

so as far as running your batch twice yes by all means give it a whirl. There’s a couple of threads dedicated but keep your eyes peeled for SweetSues tutorials, she collected recipes from earlier 420 members like 420Motoco and CajunCelt. Here is one link to read from Tinctures thread But also up in 420 main menu click on the Medical tab, there’s a ton of threads on cooking down cannabis there too.

while I’m not an expert by any stretch, I’ve read that liquid soy lecithin added in last stage of cooking helps potentiate meds or whatever and it’s necessary to eat a fatty snack 20 minutes before dosing oils, tinctures or edibles.

That sounds fine to me but then you read crap like....less is more.... or more is less.... and all kinds of weird stuff. I know from my testing it helps to dose and hold the meds under the tongue for 5 minutes before swallowing, another tip is microdosing. Maybe try it fresh one morning before you do any other wake & bake activities. Take a dose, don’t swallow, swirl and hold it under the tongue. Repeat the dose in 10 minutes and so on.

My last cook was a batch of green dragon. I ran 4 zips of good airy bud that I decarbed first and washed with 10 liquid ounces of 151 Rum. I washed it thru 3 or 4 passes then added LSL and heat reduced it down to 5 liquid ounces.

It’s way different that hitting a doobie, we all know how that works right? It may take a few runs to build your skills cooking it down. It’s a lot like chewing cannabis cobs, that works but it’s not the same quick onset as burning one.

so as far as running your batch twice yes by all means give it a whirl. There’s a couple of threads dedicated but keep your eyes peeled for SweetSues tutorials, she collected recipes from earlier 420 members like 420Motoco and CajunCelt. Here is one link to read from Tinctures thread But also up in 420 main menu click on the Medical tab, there’s a ton of threads on cooking down cannabis there too.
Thanks will give it a read but my main worry is the cloudiness of the tincture it doesnt look anything like normal tincture but will give it another spin on the mb2

i use a distiller with temp control , i add alcohol and the coconut oil with sunflower lecithin , i turn on to 90 , leave come back i reuse my alcohol and my oil is made :)
best easy way to make oil and capsules EVEN BUTTER , cost about $90 for distiller :)
What exactly do you use as the distiller i was thinking of just getting a condensing coil

Back
Top Bottom