MagicStone Handcrafted Smokeless Instrument

AutoNautPsychoFlower

Magic Stone Handcrafted Smokeless Instrument
MagicStoneInstrument.png

Greetings fellow 420 enthusiasts!
I wanted to let you all know about this "not a pipe" smokeless instrument from MagicStone. There are currently two different versions available to purchase from MagicStone ,with a third instrument coming to market very soon. I ordered the Alchemy, the other is named the Odyssey and is very similar but does not have a separate pressure fit mouthpiece (and I believe a few other slight differences).

A quick bit of background on me. I am in my 50s and have been smoking weed since uhm, decades! I smoked cigarettes for a long time too and quit some years back but never realized the full benefits of quitting tobacco because of smoking weed. Lots of weed. I smoke like a chimney top on the regular as my fast acting medication and also for insomnia at night. My lungs hurt more and more as time goes by though and I know there are millions of others in the same boat.

I had just started looking into making my own vape and concentrates and edibles so that I could give my lungs a break for the last third or so of my life. I had also been hunting for ground flower vaporizers at the same time and have had several in the past. All my previous flower vapes were electric/battery operated. A few were total rip offs a couple were truly wonderful but... not too efficient or easy to use.

Fast forward a mere week or so into trying to find solutions both short and long term for my aching lungs and this thread,
MagicStone Intro Thread ,pops up in the sponsors section here at 420. If you look through it you'll see that several us wanted this functional art piece immediately. You'll also notice that the proprietors were more than happy to come in and chat not just about their products but Vermont and beautiful Doggers and more. These are good signs people!!!

However I was cautious, having been burn burned by similar devices before and not really understanding how this was going to work with its design. I wasnt worried about the craftsmanship. It looked great and having worked with soapstone in the past and even smoke sacred tobacco in large "bowls" made for indigenous pipe carriers I felt secure the quality would be on point.

I order the Alchemy at about 2:15 pm on Thursday. It arrived at about 11 am on Saturday. Multiple updates showed that it basically got picked, packaged and shipped within a few hours. It does not get quicker than that! At all, anywhere, ever, for anything, except maybe fast food. I live in Massachusetts so was close but that turn around was fantastic! Super friendly outreach all along the way too. :thanks:

Now on to unboxing of the new magical instrument. o_O

MagicStoneunbox.png

Nice Earth Mama friendly packaging.
Oh...hi :ciao:
Why yes! Yes, I will enjoy the Magic!

MagicStoneintothebox.png

As you can see theres some stuff in there, and things too! Schwaagy waggggy bonus woooooo!

MagicStonebonusexplosion.png

There's the actual instrument itself with a lighter, cleaners, stirrers, and signed certificate card. Baskets, stash jar and cleaner canister thingy me bopper Oh My!

MagicStoneeverything.png

Above you can see everything that came with my order. I used the coupon MagicStone provided in their intro thread and then let them know that I had ordered and my order number. Free shipping and lots of bonus items. Basically it's all the extras they offer on the site except for the Odyssey instrument and Clipper lighter.

Lets go through it (clockwise-ish)!

-Branded soft flame refillable lighter with replaceable flint. These are nice but do tend to go through fuel a bit faster than a full size Bic which is what the Stone was designed to work with. Bics aren't refillable though, these can be better for the environment.

-Solid black glass stash jar with nice RH packet in lid.

-Air tight(?)/ locktite black plastic travel stash canister.

-Baggy+black tin of baskets (+1 in the Stone) total of 13 with order.

-Quick start/info guide and MagicStone Alchemy with strong magnetic cover coin.

-Hard-ish lightweight travel case with signed card and art piece number certification, two small cleaners, a nicely branded wood carrying case for large toothpicks (pokey stirrer thingies) that has a really nice brass screw to secure tightly. Could definitely use it for other things too.

Onto the actual review!

I loved how well thought out and composed this package was. After I took the pics I got busy putting the Stone through its paces and watching/reading the Tutes :)

Watching me hold the flame to the fire hole (the little shiny divot in front of the chamber/coin) you'd probably have thought there was a fire cracker in there or something. I barely touched my flame to the hole and pulled the flame down via a soft short inhale for about 3 seconds then continued to inhale for a few more seconds and caught no hit at all. No worries. I brought my flame closer for another hit and got a nice light terp hit and on the third one managed to pull off a really nice full terp hit. I Pulled a harder deeper flame drag, sat back and waited. The buzz was nice and clear and stronger than I was expecting for basically 2 and a half hits.

I rode that wave for about 10 minutes wondering if I had a placebo effect happening. I pushed the magnetic coin off the chamber basket, stirred the material with an included pokey stirrer and took a deeper hit seeing if I could get a really strong "all the way stoned" hit or two off what remained.... and I did! :cheer:

That actually about finished off the basket. After some more experimenting I found I can get a couple of decent terp hits followed by a couple of deeper billow hits per basket. About 4 hits to the basket.

Do not try and smoke the used material in the basket. Its debris thats been heated and the thc is gone now and that material is stuff that didn't turn into carcinogenic badness and go into your lungs :kiss:

Along that same vein, when you essentially vape raw flower youre mostly just getting the things you want (THC, CBD, etc) which in turn means you use less plant material.

As an example I typically have about 2 bowls to get me to fall asleep at night.
I have about 9 hits packed per bowl with my typical glass pipe. I've found it takes me 2 baskets with the Alchemy and I'm not destroying lots of the thc by holding a flame directly on it (meaning I'm not wasting lots of weed with direct flame).

This led me to do some quick stoner math and also to measure a few things out.
I've gone from about 18 hits to fall asleep (with lots of carcinogens), to about 8 (with minimal carcinogens comparatively). The amount of weed it takes to get me that sleepy time high I need is 2 full 9 hit bowls with the old glass pipe compared to 2 full 4 hit baskets (2x9 is 19 and zx4 equals more left over for later). .. stoner math!
Ha!
I kid, Im high. From using my Alchemy!

Seriously though, the math is 18 gritty dirty hits, versus 8 damn fine clean hits, to get into my "shut up brain and go to sleep right now" headspace.

That is remarkable! MagicStone is helping me to save money and likely my lungs!
I am over the moon with how well this piece vapes raw flower. Gently warm up that chamber and get those terp hits. Hit again while the chamber/oven is still toasty with bit more flame and slightly gentler pull and you get some light cloud action.

There is a very small learning curve for how you will want to apply the soft flame down into the fire hole. For me I've just been watching how deeply I am pulling down the flame and keep in mind how big a flame the lighter currently makes on its own. When a Bic lighter flame starts to get around half where it is when it's newish, it's not going to be as efficient I think.

There is also a very slight learning curve with sliding the magnetic coin off the basket/chamber. Not a big deal at all just need push it off with a flat motion. The basket wants to stick to the magnet which can result in an inadvertent spill when just pulled off.

I do not need to clean anything yet but can see how easy it will be.
With the baskets just drop them into a film canister (if you get the hit kit seen above the locktite black plastic canister is perfect!) or similar and put your dirty baskets in there and top off with 91% Isopropyl alcohol. Let it sit a bit then shake container, pull them out rinse and dry off, all set.

The coin will get a residue build up that comes off with a quick alcohol wipe.

The rest of cleaning is easy because there shouldn't be a residue or particulate build up inside. So you just blow any matter out of the chamber or the tunnels. However there are instructions on the site (bottom of the Tutes page linked above) how to clean the piece properly if you get a little too long with the draw and wind up combusting the material in basket. The color of the material in the basket will usually be a more dull brown/reddish shade of whatever kind of green you put in before taking a hit. The material really shouldn't be burnt at all.

As far as vaping cured flower goes this is now my favorite way of going about it. I plan on trying to get every other long time pipe smoker I know on board with the MagicStone pieces.

These are one of a kind art pieces that are functional that not only do what they say they do but perform better than expected.
The price for my Alchemy was 165.00 total.
The Odyssey is 148.00
If you use the coupon code ( 420member ) provided by MagicStone exclusively to www.420magazine.com you can get all the bonus stuff and things!

Heres the link to the MagicStone product page. Pop by and see if you're ready to step back forward into the Stone Age :thanks::thumb:

MagicStone Product Page

Thank You Jim, Kristen and Kerry and anyone else at MagicStone for the best more than expected shopping experience I've had in years!
:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::bravo:

ANPF

I ordered the Odyssey 2, it won't come right away as yours did since it is just now coming available, but I'm good to wait. Super excited about it now (even more than I already was), after reading your review, thank you!

Oh, and about weed for sleep, just wondering have you ever used melatonin? I just learned about it this past year, and sleep is so easy now, where for 45+ years it was anything but.

I ordered the Odyssey 2, it won't come right away as yours did since it is just now coming available, but I'm good to wait. Super excited about it now (even more than I already was), after reading your review, thank you!
I saw that! How cool right? I love this place :cheer:
Very happy I got you excited for yours too! I cant believe how much top nug weed Im saving with this stone already. I feel better already in the lungs too. I should've made more mention about the craftsmanship. Cleaning and maintenance on these is faaaaar less than any electric one Ive here had.

MagicStone is obviously super communicative too and thats the hat trick for me lol :yahoo:
Oh, and about weed for sleep, just wondering have you ever used melatonin? I just learned about it this past year, and sleep is so easy now, where for 45+ years it was anything but.
I actually havent tried in about 5 years so I should give it a go again. Bodies change and what not lol.

I was reading something a few days ago about the combination of thc, cbd, cba isnt a panacea for sleep but a good combination can knock down a lot of the symptoms/issues that keep us from sleep well or at all. We are getting closer!

Greetings fellow 420 enthusiasts!
I wanted to let you all know about this "not a pipe" smokeless instrument from MagicStone. There are currently two different versions available to purchase from MagicStone ,with a third instrument coming to market very soon. I ordered the Alchemy, the other is named the Odyssey and is very similar but does not have a separate pressure fit mouthpiece (and I believe a few other slight differences).

A quick bit of background on me. I am in my 50s and have been smoking weed since uhm, decades! I smoked cigarettes for a long time too and quit some years back but never realized the full benefits of quitting tobacco because of smoking weed. Lots of weed. I smoke like a chimney top on the regular as my fast acting medication and also for insomnia at night. My lungs hurt more and more as time goes by though and I know there are millions of others in the same boat.

I had just started looking into making my own vape and concentrates and edibles so that I could give my lungs a break for the last third or so of my life. I had also been hunting for ground flower vaporizers at the same time and have had several in the past. All my previous flower vapes were electric/battery operated. A few were total rip offs a couple were truly wonderful but... not too efficient or easy to use.

Fast forward a mere week or so into trying to find solutions both short and long term for my aching lungs and this thread,
MagicStone Intro Thread ,pops up in the sponsors section here at 420. If you look through it you'll see that several us wanted this functional art piece immediately. You'll also notice that the proprietors were more than happy to come in and chat not just about their products but Vermont and beautiful Doggers and more. These are good signs people!!!

However I was cautious, having been burn burned by similar devices before and not really understanding how this was going to work with its design. I wasnt worried about the craftsmanship. It looked great and having worked with soapstone in the past and even smoke sacred tobacco in large "bowls" made for indigenous pipe carriers I felt secure the quality would be on point.

I order the Alchemy at about 2:15 pm on Thursday. It arrived at about 11 am on Saturday. Multiple updates showed that it basically got picked, packaged and shipped within a few hours. It does not get quicker than that! At all, anywhere, ever, for anything, except maybe fast food. I live in Massachusetts so was close but that turn around was fantastic! Super friendly outreach all along the way too. :thanks:

Now on to unboxing of the new magical instrument. o_O

MagicStoneunbox.png

Nice Earth Mama friendly packaging.
Oh...hi :ciao:
Why yes! Yes, I will enjoy the Magic!

MagicStoneintothebox.png

As you can see theres some stuff in there, and things too! Schwaagy waggggy bonus woooooo!

MagicStonebonusexplosion.png

There's the actual instrument itself with a lighter, cleaners, stirrers, and signed certificate card. Baskets, stash jar and cleaner canister thingy me bopper Oh My!

MagicStoneeverything.png

Above you can see everything that came with my order. I used the coupon MagicStone provided in their intro thread and then let them know that I had ordered and my order number. Free shipping and lots of bonus items. Basically it's all the extras they offer on the site except for the Odyssey instrument and Clipper lighter.

Lets go through it (clockwise-ish)!

-Branded soft flame refillable lighter with replaceable flint. These are nice but do tend to go through fuel a bit faster than a full size Bic which is what the Stone was designed to work with. Bics aren't refillable though, these can be better for the environment.

-Solid black glass stash jar with nice RH packet in lid.

-Air tight(?)/ locktite black plastic travel stash canister.

-Baggy+black tin of baskets (+1 in the Stone) total of 13 with order.

-Quick start/info guide and MagicStone Alchemy with strong magnetic cover coin.

-Hard-ish lightweight travel case with signed card and art piece number certification, two small cleaners, a nicely branded wood carrying case for large toothpicks (pokey stirrer thingies) that has a really nice brass screw to secure tightly. Could definitely use it for other things too.

Onto the actual review!

I loved how well thought out and composed this package was. After I took the pics I got busy putting the Stone through its paces and watching/reading the Tutes :)

Watching me hold the flame to the fire hole (the little shiny divot in front of the chamber/coin) you'd probably have thought there was a fire cracker in there or something. I barely touched my flame to the hole and pulled the flame down via a soft short inhale for about 3 seconds then continued to inhale for a few more seconds and caught no hit at all. No worries. I brought my flame closer for another hit and got a nice light terp hit and on the third one managed to pull off a really nice full terp hit. I Pulled a harder deeper flame drag, sat back and waited. The buzz was nice and clear and stronger than I was expecting for basically 2 and a half hits.

I rode that wave for about 10 minutes wondering if I had a placebo effect happening. I pushed the magnetic coin off the chamber basket, stirred the material with an included pokey stirrer and took a deeper hit seeing if I could get a really strong "all the way stoned" hit or two off what remained.... and I did! :cheer:

That actually about finished off the basket. After some more experimenting I found I can get a couple of decent terp hits followed by a couple of deeper billow hits per basket. About 4 hits to the basket.

Do not try and smoke the used material in the basket. Its debris thats been heated and the thc is gone now and that material is stuff that didn't turn into carcinogenic badness and go into your lungs :kiss:

Along that same vein, when you essentially vape raw flower youre mostly just getting the things you want (THC, CBD, etc) which in turn means you use less plant material.

As an example I typically have about 2 bowls to get me to fall asleep at night.
I have about 9 hits packed per bowl with my typical glass pipe. I've found it takes me 2 baskets with the Alchemy and I'm not destroying lots of the thc by holding a flame directly on it (meaning I'm not wasting lots of weed with direct flame).

This led me to do some quick stoner math and also to measure a few things out.
I've gone from about 18 hits to fall asleep (with lots of carcinogens), to about 8 (with minimal carcinogens comparatively). The amount of weed it takes to get me that sleepy time high I need is 2 full 9 hit bowls with the old glass pipe compared to 2 full 4 hit baskets (2x9 is 19 and zx4 equals more left over for later). .. stoner math!
Ha!
I kid, Im high. From using my Alchemy!

Seriously though, the math is 18 gritty dirty hits, versus 8 damn fine clean hits, to get into my "shut up brain and go to sleep right now" headspace.

That is remarkable! MagicStone is helping me to save money and likely my lungs!
I am over the moon with how well this piece vapes raw flower. Gently warm up that chamber and get those terp hits. Hit again while the chamber/oven is still toasty with bit more flame and slightly gentler pull and you get some light cloud action.

There is a very small learning curve for how you will want to apply the soft flame down into the fire hole. For me I've just been watching how deeply I am pulling down the flame and keep in mind how big a flame the lighter currently makes on its own. When a Bic lighter flame starts to get around half where it is when it's newish, it's not going to be as efficient I think.

There is also a very slight learning curve with sliding the magnetic coin off the basket/chamber. Not a big deal at all just need push it off with a flat motion. The basket wants to stick to the magnet which can result in an inadvertent spill when just pulled off.

I do not need to clean anything yet but can see how easy it will be.
With the baskets just drop them into a film canister (if you get the hit kit seen above the locktite black plastic canister is perfect!) or similar and put your dirty baskets in there and top off with 91% Isopropyl alcohol. Let it sit a bit then shake container, pull them out rinse and dry off, all set.

The coin will get a residue build up that comes off with a quick alcohol wipe.

The rest of cleaning is easy because there shouldn't be a residue or particulate build up inside. So you just blow any matter out of the chamber or the tunnels. However there are instructions on the site (bottom of the Tutes page linked above) how to clean the piece properly if you get a little too long with the draw and wind up combusting the material in basket. The color of the material in the basket will usually be a more dull brown/reddish shade of whatever kind of green you put in before taking a hit. The material really shouldn't be burnt at all.

As far as vaping cured flower goes this is now my favorite way of going about it. I plan on trying to get every other long time pipe smoker I know on board with the MagicStone pieces.

These are one of a kind art pieces that are functional that not only do what they say they do but perform better than expected.
The price for my Alchemy was 165.00 total.
The Odyssey is 148.00
If you use the coupon code ( 420member ) provided by MagicStone exclusively to www.420magazine.com you can get all the bonus stuff and things!

Heres the link to the MagicStone product page. Pop by and see if you're ready to step back forward into the Stone Age :thanks::thumb:

MagicStone Product Page

Thank You Jim, Kristen and Kerry and anyone else at MagicStone for the best more than expected shopping experience I've had in years!
:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::bravo:

ANPF
You don’t want to use Alcohol, I was talking to Jim @Mile HIGH Cleaner and he was saying how bad alcohol is for you and the environment. I recommend talking to the man about using Alcohol. CL🍀

Thanks for the wonderfully detailed and photographed review ANPF. After nearly 5 years of development and refining designs and systems, this is what makes it all worth while. The only thing I'd add is regarding the hit itself. First, I love that you built slowly after not getting it on the first hit. That's exactly the way to get a feel for warming the stone, and the strength you want to draw in order to get your preferred hit.

But while consecutive hits will require less heating/draw as the stone maintains the warmth - you can get a nice full hit on the first light. Try extending the heating a little longer while continuing to draw easily. You'll get the feedback from the warmth of the air on your tongue and then ramp up your hit a bit stronger for a second or so.

Obviously I'm kind of the MagicStone guru with thousands (and counting) of hits/tests, but nothing goes into production that can't deliver a full hit on the first try. Again, your approach is The approach, starting out easily to develop your technique and to learn your instrument. But once you've used it a bit more you'll be able to move from micro to macro dose whenever you like.

It's your stone and each one has a bit of it's own character (sort of like your Patronus), and once you've become one, you can look forward to a lifetime of stoning - and you'll never want to taste burnt flower again.

You don’t want to use Alcohol, I was talking to Jim @Mile HIGH Cleaner and he was saying how bad alcohol is for you and the environment. I recommend talking to the man about using Alcohol. CL🍀
Oh... hmmm. Whats he recommend instead ? Hoping he pops in with info! and thanks for the pointer CL!

Oh... hmmm. Whats he recommend instead ? Hoping he pops in with info! and thanks for the pointer CL!
That @Mile HIGH Cleaner is excellent stuff, no joke. I bought it for my pipes and I expect it will work wonderfully on this new device when it comes too. I have never previously considered cleaning my pipes 'easy', but it IS with the Mile HIGH cleaner.

Mile High is great stuff but you really don't need to clean MagicStone instruments in this way as there isn't any tar or residue from combustion. All there is after weeks and months of use is some clean kief on the stone chamber that has no effect. I just leave it, but you can tap it off after a while if you like. Aside from cleaning the baskets after a few fills or so, there's virtually no cleaning or maintenance with MagicStone instruments themselves.

Cleaning the baskets is the same - no residue, just the kief that collects inside the baskets, but you could use Mile High in your soak tube (with you Hit Kit) for effortless basket cleaning.

Hey iw2f, Welcome to the Stone Age! Make sure to spend a little time with the tutorials and don't hesitate to reach out to us when it arrives. Each instrument comes with a one-on-one consultation with the developer (me) to make sure you get your technique quickly.

Hey iw2f, Welcome to the Stone Age! Make sure to spend a little time with the tutorials and don't hesitate to reach out to us when it arrives. Each instrument comes with a one-on-one consultation with the developer (me) to make sure you get your technique quickly.
I will say I have already watched all of your media content on your website. I am confident I will get it figured fairly quickly due to your videos. It is a pleasure knowing that I have other resources at my disposal If I need them.

I can’t wait to try it. I had the first model of the Volcano vaporizer and really enjoyed it. I used less and used less often. Hopefully in a few days I will know. I just got my email stating my order is complete.
I think you’re going to love 💕 yours like I do. And my lungs are feeling better because I smoke cigarettes. But now I’m only vaping because of my @MagicStone. CL🍀 :blunt:

We're producing a few short podcasts this week that deal with the core concepts of warming the stone oven and the basic technique involved, as well as some tips like stirring and rotating the filter basket basket (a couple of approaches), the "virtually maintenance free" approach with the Hit Kit, and the right way to refill and maintain your lighter. I'll post the links when they're up.

Hey 420 folk, It's an auspicious day and we want honor Juneteenth with 19% off all MagicStone products for 420 members. It's a 48 hour event - just use code JUNE19th at checkout @ MagicStone.us

I am really enjoying mine. I also purchased the Flame custom lighter. I am glad I did as I prefer it over the torch supplied. My brass heating bezel does fall out a lot. Makes me nervous I will loose it.
I haven’t had any problems except keeping it filled with bud. lol CL🍀

I am really enjoying mine. I also purchased the Flame custom lighter. I am glad I did as I prefer it over the torch supplied. My brass heating bezel does fall out a lot. Makes me nervous I will loose it.
Hey Fisher, I just sent you a direct message. Give us a call when you get a chance or email me directly : jim@magicstone.us and we'll take care of any issue immediately.

Yes you did. Now that’s outstanding service. MagicStone came up with a great solution that I like. Let’s face it, there was no way I was going to part with my Alchemy. They offered of course but they can’t have it. It’s mine! Ok seriously easy fix and I am super stoked and I didn’t need to send it in. This truly is my goto device.

Back
Top Bottom