Magnesium deficiency?

MaPilot

So my Bubba is on week 4 of flower. I am noticing some issues. I hope you all can give me advice.

About her grow: Soil is FF Ocean Forest, FF trio of Nutes. She has been getting Nutes every other watering. Its been maybe 8 days since her last nute feeding. Yesterday she got Cal-Mag.

Yesterday I fed 1 gallon PH 6.5 water with 1tsp Cal-Mag in hopes to solve my issue, No changes as of yet. Her runoff was 6.5 ph.

Issues:
  1. Yellowing bottom leaves
  2. Red stems
  3. leaf tips drooping

Yellowing lower leafs (I pulled them off this morning) Only about 5 leafs.

20140820_043258.jpg

20140820_043311.jpg

Red Stems

20140820_043516.jpg

Leaf tips drooping

20140820_043830.jpg

20140820_043334.jpg

All of these are pretty much the same issues I had with my auto, and she just stopped her bud production on me. I'd like to fix this before that happens again. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Are you letting the pots get light, since you are growing in FF soil?

What was the PPM reading of the run off?

It sounds like not the right balance of nutes, causing a phosphorus issue.

What is the temps at night? Low soil temps can cause both phosphorus uptake issues and magnesium issues.

Also, feeding with too much cal-mag can cause phosphorus uptake issues, which usually causes the red stems, not magnesium deficiency. Magnesium deficiency causes purple stems and yellowing between leaf segments.

Are you letting the pots get light, since you are growing in FF soil?

I let them get pretty light, but not bone dry. I have read to not let a flowering plant get too dry....? I'd say probably 10% - 20% moist.

What was the PPM reading of the run off?

I do not own a PPM meter, Do you suggest I order one? I would not know what the numbers mean. How do I learn those?

It sounds like not the right balance of nutes, causing a phosphorus issue.
What is the temps at night? Low soil temps can cause both phosphorus uptake issues and magnesium issues.

Temp drops to high 60s - low 70s at night. Durring the day, I have been regularly seeing 77f. I use FF trio of nutes, But have not been following the feeding schedule too closely. I am worried about over feeding. So many different opinions on feeding are out there, I am not sure who to follow.

Also, feeding with too much cal-mag can cause phosphorus uptake issues, which usually causes the red stems, not magnesium deficiency. Magnesium deficiency causes purple stems and yellowing between leaf segments.

Besides the lower leafs turning yellow, The other leaves look unaffected besides the stem color and droopy tips. So you think this could be a
phosphorus uptake issue? How do I fix that? Cal-mag feeding has only been done every other watering. Usually in between feedings.

Thank you so much for looking into this and helping me with this.

Also, checked on the girl this morning, One lower leaf was slightly greener, no other issues. Looks like the red stems are not as dark and the leaf tip curl may not be as defined... or maybe it's wishful thinking :)

im not 100 percent on this but 70 percent , i think this strain gives (red stems) , also looks over watered ( drooping ) , top photo leaf looks like something has been spilt on it maybe nutes ? the plant is using the nitrogen from its leaves ( yellow leaves )

as ive said not 100 percent but looks like what ive said

Back
Top Bottom