Magnifying Glass

KenG

In reading here on 420, it has been suggested to use a 30x magnifying glass to view certain parts of a plant. I have not been able to find one. Does anyone know where I may purchase one ? Also I went to Radio Shack and purchased one of their 60x - 100x hand held microscopes. I find this almost impossible to use, I can't seem to focus and hold it steady while looking at a plant. Any suggestions?

KenG it is helpful when using your microscope to just cut a small piece of bud leaf or lower popcorn bud and place on table or stationary surface for better viewing. hope this helps.

what's popcorn bud, haven't heard that yet. also to see the trichomes don't you have to view the actual bud?

thx
ken

You might try using your cell phone... Be sure to turn off the fan, get as close as it will take a pic in focus, or zoom a little. Then when you review the photo in the album on the phone, you can zoom in more and get a closer look. It may be a little fuzzy in some spots, but you can move through the image and find areas a little shadowed that allow a good look. Generally, you can tell if they are glassy or not.

In reading here on 420, it has been suggested to use a 30x magnifying glass to view certain parts of a plant. I have not been able to find one. Does anyone know where I may purchase one ? Also I went to Radio Shack and purchased one of their 60x - 100x hand held microscopes. I find this almost impossible to use, I can't seem to focus and hold it steady while looking at a plant. Any suggestions?

Just started my first grow. Planning to use the clip on macro lens when getting close up. Easily and cheaply available on EBay as is the 30x loupe. And cheap at $4.95AU

s-l160021.jpg

Evening. I got a scope first. Have to clip a sample for it. I bought one of the 2 lens handheld and it does well with the bigger lens. I can't get the smaller to focus

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 272
I like this one from Ebay myself, it's a lot bigger and easier to use.

Portable 30x36mm Jeweler Optics Loupes Magnifier

CE2B Portable 30x36mm Jeweler Optics Loupes Magnifier Magnifying Loop Pocket^ | eBay

I'll hazard a guess that the focal length of the smaller lens is quite tight, you might have to be almost touching what you're looking at to get it to focus. Make sure it's well lit or the shadow of the loupe will obscure what you're magnifying.

Evening. I got a scope first. Have to clip a sample for it. I bought one of the 2 lens handheld and it does well with the bigger lens. I can't get the smaller to focus

Back
Top Bottom