Magnus Growing Chemdawg Using Remo Nutes

Magnus8

Hi all!

It's been a while since I've been hanging out here on 420Mag because of my marriage ended and some other stuff has happened, and I havent grown in just as long.

But spring is just around the corner here in central Alberta and it's time for great changes in my life. Today I actually made it outside and was able to walk the length of the driveway twice. I have quite a long driveway and quite a bit of trouble walking on most days. But the wind was fresh and the sun was warm and Greta and Porkchop were out playing their little hearts out. It made me glad to be alive, a feeling I havent had since my wife left last year and all three of my dogs died.

So now I've got the trailer windows opened wide to encourage all that fresh sir to replace this musty air that I've been trapped with all this cold winter long.

So what am I growing, you ask?

A few weeks ago I bought 10 Chemdawg feminized seeds from Crop King Seeds in Vancouver. I germinated them the usual way with paper towels. Unfortunately, one of the seeds slipped through my clumsy fingers and I never did find it so i was down to 9bseeds. Then Porkchop - the nosy little bugger - reached up and snatched the covering paper towel off my seeds and another two were lost. I was now down to 7 seeds. And one never did germinate. So I'm left with 6 feminized Chemdawg seeds.

I chose to purchase this particular strain because, first of all, they can reach up to 20% thc in the grown buds. I like my thc, see? But also, Chemdawg is supposed to be a good plant for helping to deal with anxiety, and i live with a debilitating anxiety disorder that sometimes just cripples me. Ever since beginning to use weed at the ripe old age of 45-years-old about 7 years ago, my anxiety disorder has calmed greatly because i always try to use strains known for helping with anxiety. So to decide to grow my own weed that is known to aid in reducing anxiety is a good step for me to take.

Now this grow isn't able to feature a lot of fancy equipment such as stellar lighting packages because i only have very limited amounts of money at my disposal. But there is a lot of heart behind this grow.

What does this mean? Well, it means that I will always endeavor to be honest and accurate about what is happening in both my grow and in what I am learning as a result of my grow. Additionally, it means that you are likely to know a great deal about both me and Greta and Porkchop throughout this journal - because they are my only family left, really.

So a little bit about me and how I got to this day in my life...

I am a 52-year-old Canadian Male who grew up in the western province of Alberta. I life in a predominantly farming area, where all my neighbors grow Canola, Wheat and Oats in the fields surrounding the farm I rent to live on. Funny - you would think that a bunch of farmers would be fascinated by all kinds of plants. However when I began to grow 6 foot tall marijuana plants in my side garden a few years ago legally because of my marijuana prescription and accompanying grow license...well, you would be amazed by their reactions. I even had one neighbor drive up to my trailer while I was in the yard and angrily demand to know what I was growing in my yard. As if he didn't know, right? Later that afternoon I wasn't in the least surprised to see the cop car turn into my drive.

Don't worry. Nothing happened. I wasn't in trouble at all. I just brought out my license which the cop calmly perused. Then we spent the next hour or so amicably chatting about how to grow marijuana as I educated him greatly on this wonderful medicine. I also showed him all the seeds that were forming on my buds, confirming that someone else in the vicinity was probably growing, too, but not sexing their plants adequately. Then he took a pic of my grow license and told me that he would put it in their computer and the next time anyone called to complain I would be left alone to do my thing. In fact, he was a very nice, level headed and kindly man, this cop, and I really enjoyed teaching him about the plant, its wonderful medicinal qualities and about my own grow.

However, had he actually looked closely at the document, he would have discovered I was allowed to grow 32 plants at a time inside the house, not outside! At the time, I had 28 outdoor plants, some of them as high as 6 feet tall!

;)

I didn't have to grow for a while after that summer - as you might imagine...

But things change, and right now I've got an inside grow happening which I just started a few weeks ago inside my 4.5 x 5 foot tent.

So, Chemdawg seeds, six of them.

Remo nutrients. Why Remo? Just because I've seen the results a friend got with these nutes and wow! what wonderful yields. Mind you, he uses 3000 watts of LEDs plus several LED bulbs as under-the-canopy lights to light his buds from underneath. He also has an online fan which blows old air out to his surrounding basement while simultaneously suckingnin fresh CO² into his tent through the conduits which are built into, I assume, all tents.

But he still gets great results with Remo nutes and, besides, when we worked out how much it cost in nutes for the lifetime of each plant, Remo nutes came out to be the least expensive choice for both of us.

Now, I'm not someone who will strive to control every last angle of growing weed indoors. I'm not fanatical about checking my runoff water. I dont assiduously attempt to raise and lower my pH levels. I already know that the reverse osmosis water I purchase from Canadian Tire here in town (because the water from my well is not potable) is in the 6 - 7 pH range, so that is good enough for me. Yes, I DO do spot checks to make sure of my quality control, but I just want to stress that I'm not as willing to go quite so far as dome to babysit their plants. Frankly, it is hard enough for me to bend at the waist, walk, carry anything, etc thsn to make it even harder to manage things. Yes, my yields may be less than some of these master growers here can get, but the stress isn't worth it to me. What I dont get in yields from this indoor grow I will make up for in yields from my outdoor grow this summer.

Of that, I am sure.

So now, Chemdawgs (six of 'em) with Remo nutes and a 1200 watt LED light in a 4.5 x 5 foot tent.

And a grower who maybe isn't a master grower - yet. But who is certainly willing to learn and share what he learns with his audience.

Oh - and Greta and Porkchop!

You in for the ride?

These six pics show my plants today at 15 days old. Some of them seem to have had a bit of a rough start, I don't really know why. But after getting nutes yesterday for the first time, each of them seems to be doing much better today. On a couple, some of their leaves began to dry and become useless, so I tore off the useless portions of these leaves. I think the cheap soil i purchased must not have had many nutrients in it and that they began starving for essential nutes at a very young age. Regardless, they all look better today so hopefully their leaves will stop drying out.

You in for it?

20200410_160923.jpg

This is the runt of the litter!

20200410_160939.jpg

In real life this plant is not anywhere near as sickly as this pic makes her look. I'm surprised she looks so poorly in this photo.

20200410_160954.jpg

This plant had her top leaves pinched off just this morning.

20200410_161006.jpg

I think I will pinch the top leaves of this one tomorrow morning.

20200410_161016.jpg

I pinched the top leaves of this one several days ago and already you can see the split forming.

20200410_161027.jpg

I pinched the top leaves of this one, also, a few days ago and the split is obvious here, too.

20200110_230440.jpg

Greta and Porkchop. Greta has JUST been caught eating my dry milk while Porkchop lies serenely at her feet. Greta is obviously a Black Lab (my favourite breed of dog) while Porkchop is half Pit Bull and half Akita (what an extraordinary mix!). This photo is a few months old now, so Porkchop is quite a bit bigger (he is going to be huge, I think). But they are both lovely animals who, unfortunately, fight a lot despite being best friends. Siblings. Go figure.

So have a great day, all. Remember: social distancing saves lives. I was ordered by my dr to stay indoors and away from people because I am considered high risk on several fronts, so I'm listening and not leaving the farm except to get water. I dont like it that way, but if we are going to beat this bug we have all got to work together!

Cheers!
~Magnus

Howdy Magnus! Welcome back to growing and :goodluck: with this one. Sorry to hear about your three dogs but the two you have now look happy :).

Are you in store-bought soil or just what's in the backyard? And if you can get white light pics that would make it a lot easier on our eyes.

When you run out of Remo there are cheaper simpler options out there as well. A lot of folks here are moving to MegaCrop, which is a powder you mix and pour.

Howdy Magnus! Welcome back to growing and :goodluck: with this one. Sorry to hear about your three dogs but the two you have now look happy :).

Are you in store-bought soil or just what's in the backyard? And if you can get white light pics that would make it a lot easier on our eyes.

When you run out of Remo there are cheaper simpler options out there as well. A lot of folks here are moving to MegaCrop, which is a powder you mix and pour.
Hi, nice to see you!

First of all, the pics. Just before taking these shots I had just hauled one of my soft boxes out of the unheated porch but they were too cold, I worried, to turn on yet and the overhead light in that tiny trailer room is completely obscured by the top of my tent. The only light i had was the LED. Sorry. I plan on doing better from next time on!

Thanks for the tip about the nutes. I'll have to check them out.

Store bought, just cheap shit.

Yeah, Geta and Porkchop are pretty sweet. Did you see that look of, "Oh oh," that she has on her face?

Hahaha.

Cheers.
~Magnus

Good day sir nice to see you here again.
Thanks so much! Nice to see you too.

I know I disappeared for quite some time. When I hurt I kind of hide inside myself. I hadnt grieved like that in over 25 years since someone I love was brutally murdered. That death shook me to the core. I've felt similarly since the events of last summer.

Wow, this is beginning to sound more like a journal than a grow journal... It must be the writer in me.

Anyway, this is, I guess, kind of like my public apology for disappearing from the lotions thread.

I'm stoned. But I guess that is obvious.

So, anyway, nice to see you too. Hope I havent scared you off by now!

Have a great day ahead of you.

~Magnus

Welcome back, Magnus. I will be starting my own grow journal here on 420 in May as I will be learning how to grow so that I can help Felonious.

But, I've decided to do a hydroponic grow and it's something you might want to consider doing at some point as well since perlite is a lot lighter and therefore easier to pick up a container filled with it rather than a container full of dirt.

Looking forward to following your grow.

:circle-of-love:

Welcome back, Magnus. I will be starting my own grow journal here on 420 in May as I will be learning how to grow so that I can help Felonious.

But, I've decided to do a hydroponic grow and it's something you might want to consider doing at some point as well since perlite is a lot lighter and therefore easier to pick up a container filled with it rather than a container full of dirt.

Looking forward to following your grow.

:circle-of-love:
Hi Hashgirl! So very nice to see you again. I have often wondered how you and Felonius were doing. Well, I hope.

All is basically well on this end, considering all that has happened last summer. But I heal a bit more every day. I'm sure I do. I still have very difficult days when I can't stop crying all day, but those days come fewer and fewer. I hold onto faith that my life will change one day if I keep working for change. I mean, something has got to change one day, right?

I am very seriously considering going back to school if I can find the money somehow. I want to study to become a social worker specializing in grief work. The events of last summer have had a profound effect upon me and I really want to help people who are going through what I have been going through this year. I just see a real need for help in this area. I have this vision, because I have so much trouble walking now and getting around, that I can set up my own grief therapy work based via internet video. This way I could help people who are housebound or living in sparsely populated areas of Canada or anyone else for that matter. I really like the idea of working via video. I think there is a real need for this kind of delivery of these services. But I will talk more about this idea as the grow goes on.

Please say HELLO to Felonius for me, and a great big exuberant virtual hug to both of you. You and Felonious are both extremely good people and I feel blessed at the possibility of having you in my life again.

How are your hands and wrists doing? I would very much like to hear how you both are doing.

All my best,
~Magnus

Hi Magnus good to see you back on, good luck on this grow. Greta doesn't look to worried being caught in the dry milk.
left in the Q yesterday :rofl:
Hey Dynamo! Nice to see you again, too! It really feels wonderful to see you all here again. All is well on this end, considering the events of last summer. But I do hope you are well and coping the best you can with everything happening in the world right now with this bloody corona virus. Keep safe and stay healthy. We dont need to lose any of our members to this disease.

So please keep safe and I'm so glad you are here for this grow.

All my best,
~Magnus

Hello Magnus I am in Alberta also. :popcorn:
Are you really? I'd love to know where and if you dont ferl comfortable posting it for all to see then feel free to send me a private message.

I'm curious because I'm trying very hard to move to Rocky Mountain House. I think the fresh sir and all the opportunities to get out into the mountains will greatly improve my health and my state of mind. So if you are anywhere near there it'd be wonderful to have a like-minded fried nearby!
But that's a long shot. You probably live in Lethbridge or something.

All my best,
~Magnus

Are you really? I'd love to know where and if you dont ferl comfortable posting it for all to see then feel free to send me a private message.

I'm curious because I'm trying very hard to move to Rocky Mountain House. I think the fresh sir and all the opportunities to get out into the mountains will greatly improve my health and my state of mind. So if you are anywhere near there it'd be wonderful to have a like-minded fried nearby!
But that's a long shot. You probably live in Lethbridge or something.

All my best,
~Magnus
I am in Calgary I love the Rocky mountain House area go camping there every year used to do a lot of hunting in there when I was younger. If you don't mind me asking where are you located?

I am in Calgary I love the Rocky mountain House area go camping there every year used to do a lot of hunting in there when I was younger. If you don't mind me asking where are you located?
Hi OldSmokey,

I'm up in Two Hills area, about 45 minutes southeast of Vegreville.

But I'm waiting for the resolution of my father's estate case. After that, I should be able to afford to move somewhere else. I really want to move to Rocky Mountain House area, though. I have this very tiny soapmaking business and I think, in Rocky, that it would go better. Also, i have my best friend living in Sylvan Lake, only about 40 minutes away. Here, I've got no one now that Ginette has gone. And with all my health issues that is not a good scenario. What would happen to my dogs if I were to wind up getting myself landed in the hospital? There would be no one to take care of them for me.

So if all goes well with my court case then I'll have more resources to maybe find a little place for myself to grow old(er) gracefully in...

There is one house already on the market that I'm seriously considering. I dont know if this will come through for y'all, but I will try. Take a look at the pics but also the short description. It sounds perfect. I could use the master bedroom, with it's own bathroom, for myself. The second bedroom could hold my soaping room. I could put my drying rack in a corner of the living room. And I can put my grow tent in the small basement. Plus my tv and a sofa down there and I'd be a happy man. Check it out:

And the huge backyard would be great for the dogs!

All my best,
~Magnus

Looks sweet :thumb: . Good luck in court Magnus!
Hey, thanks for the positive vibes, ITS! I really hope this works out for me.

It obviously needs some work, reflected in the price. It needs a new roof and some drywalling and some paint. An electrician friend has agreed to check out the electricity to make sure it is safe. If he has to redo the electricity he will likely only charge me for the materials. And my son in law, who is a professional roofer, has offered to travel from Ontario to do the roof for me at a fraction of what it would cost otherwise. So all in all, I might get what I hope for this time. But it does depend on a lot of things coming together.

I want to install a hot tub on the deck for my back and for my fybromyalgia which I have only recently been diagnosed with. I think a hot tub would be therapeutic tool to aid me in my physical therapy. It would, apparently, help with my back, my fybromyalgia, my restless legs syndrome and my erratic sleep patterns. Nothing too big, maybe just a three msn tub. I have to see if I will get enough money from the estate though. But a hot tub would be sweet!

I am looking at this hot tub brand which incorporates removable panels that control the number and position of the jets. One panel might be designed to help your lower back while another helps primarily your shoulders and neck. They are more expensive than other tubs but I think they would be perfect for me. I have already found the three panels I want to buy with this particular tub. One would target my upper back and shoulders and neck, another my overall back and the last would massage specifically my lumbar region.

Anyhoo, dude, I've got to sign off. So happy, though, to have reconnected. Stay well .

All my best,
~Magnus

Sure hope all ñ

Hi OldSmokey,

I'm up in Two Hills area, about 45 minutes southeast of Vegreville.

But I'm waiting for the resolution of my father's estate case. After that, I should be able to afford to move somewhere else. I really want to move to Rocky Mountain House area, though. I have this very tiny soapmaking business and I think, in Rocky, that it would go better. Also, i have my best friend living in Sylvan Lake, only about 40 minutes away. Here, I've got no one now that Ginette has gone. And with all my health issues that is not a good scenario. What would happen to my dogs if I were to wind up getting myself landed in the hospital? There would be no one to take care of them for me.

So if all goes well with my court case then I'll have more resources to maybe find a little place for myself to grow old(er) gracefully in...

There is one house already on the market that I'm seriously considering. I dont know if this will come through for y'all, but I will try. Take a look at the pics but also the short description. It sounds perfect. I could use the master bedroom, with it's own bathroom, for myself. The second bedroom could hold my soaping room. I could put my drying rack in a corner of the living room. And I can put my grow tent in the small basement. Plus my tv and a sofa down there and I'd be a happy man. Check it out:

And the huge backyard would be great for the dogs!

All my best,
~Magnus
Looks good and sounds like it would work for you. You seem like a kind soul so I mean no disrespect but it might not be a good idea posting the exact location. Just incase all things work out the way you want. Best of luck Magnus!

Good morning and Happy Easter to everyone! I hope you all have lovely celebrations today, if you celebrate Easter, that is.

So another (grow) journal entry... the time has come upon us.

My plants have been having some problems that I didnt discuss last time, partly because you couldnt see much in those crappy pics. But I've got better pics for you to see them in now, so I'm going to ask you all if you know what might be the problem.

First of all, the leaves, or at least ½ of many leaves, have dried up to the point of crumbling off. At first, I thought this was probably them burning. So I moved my LED lamp about twice as far away as it had been. But the problem persisted though not as rapidly.

Then I thought it might be due to the soil being crappy. I could only afford this crappy no name brand of soil that, I think, lacked a lot of nutrients. So I figured it may have been that my then only 2 week old plants were starving for nutes. Still, I held off until the 3 week mark before giving them any.

But the problem persists.

IF it is a nutrient problem, one thing to note is that the leaves are not changing colour before drying up. They just dry up.

In the pics, you will notice that numerous leaves are missing half their length. This is not due to bugs (there are no bugs that I can see), but rather due to me pinching off the dying portions.

I'd love to have your input, all. I almost think it might be a combo of lack of nutes combined with that damned light being too low, but I'm really a novice when it comes to growing indoors, so I really dont know. Never saw this in my outdoor grows.

On another note, I've decided to name my plants. I havent come up with any yet, but hopefully within the next couple of days I'll have names for them all.

It's only about 8:45 a.m. so my lazy-butt puppies are still sleeping. They usually sleep until about 10 a.m. every morning. Mind you, i always let them out to run and play together several times per day so they expend a ton of energy doing that and I'm sure this is why they sleep so well. I know that when i used to run 6 - 8 miles per day 5 times per week that i used to sleep like a baby, too.

Those days are so long over. Actually, it was a combination of running and moving from my dorm room that originally caused the back injury i struggle with to this day. The fybromyalgia i live with is another story in itself...

I was looking through my phone's photos the other day, cleaning them out to make more room to shoot some video. I'm shooting video to develop a soapmaking class to upload to Udemy.com, but I digress. So I found this pic of my dogs who were still alive then that was taken on 12 April 2019. Basically one year ago exactly. The thing I noticed most about this pic was that there wasnt an inch of snow on the ground because it had all melted already.

Melting? Here is a pic taken from my office window right now...

So that's what it looks like outside my window right now. Not a whole lot of melting happening yet.

Porkchop and Greta are just waking up, a little earlier than usual.

20200412_085822.jpg

This is Porkchop. He is really a wonderful little puppy, though we have had quite a few battles over him destroying rolls of toilet paper! TP shortage in my house? You bet! Thanks to Porkchop... hahaha! Porkchop is ½ Pit Bull and ½ Akita - quite a unique mix. His personality is ALL Akita, though. Akira are one of my favourite breeds, and I used to own one during my years in Montreal.

20200412_085840.jpg

And here is my lovely Greta, peeringbup at me, asking for a belly rub. Greta absolutely adores her belly rubs. You cannot even pet her without her flopping over on her back and sticking her legs in the air. You know, there is a joke in there that I dare nor bring out into the open for fear of offending half of you... But Greta? She is a "love ho" for sure. And i love her to bits.

So shall we get to the pics of the plants?

20200412_081822.jpg

Okay, the first plant. You can see that at least 5 of her leaves have been affected by this drying action. If you know what I should do to stop this from happening, please inform me.

20200412_082001.jpg

This is my runt. She is also showing signs of this withering and though I dont want to lose her I fear I might.

20200412_082032.jpg

Another smaller plant but she's not showing signs of withering like most of the others.

20200412_082058.jpg

This medium sized girl is pretty healthy.

20200412_082127.jpg

This one is doing okay. She's only lost ½ a leaf so far.

20200412_082245.jpg

And this girl is big enough but still losing leaves.

So if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. Hey, arent we all here to learn, anyway?

So have a great meal with the few loved ones who live with you and think peaceful thoughts for our planet. I fear that the disturbance to our world economy might cause more difficulties than the virus has already.

All my best,
~Magnus

Looks good and sounds like it would work for you. You seem like a kind soul so I mean no disrespect but it might not be a good idea posting the exact location. Just incase all things work out the way you want. Best of luck Magnus!
Hmmm. Maybe you are right. But rest assured that I do everything legally when it comes to my grows. I'm not worried about about legal recriminations, though the thought of midnite teenage visitors carrying baseball bats never occurred to me. As it is, I wont know if I can get this place until long after this grow is over...

Back
Top Bottom