Magnus Growing Chemdawg Using Remo Nutes

Today's the day!

Today is the day I began hardening my plants off for the summer.

I've got just over 2 weeks until it will be the traditional time to plant my plants outside. In my grow region we plant our gardens on the long weekend in May, which happens to be the weekend of the 17th of May.

Which brings me to a huge bloody problem...

I have not had the money to purchase my CBD seeds until tomorrow. But they still have to be shipped and germinated and grown s while before they can be planted outside.

What I'm beginning to wonder is if it would be okay to plant the seeds directly into their large outdoor planters using a plastic cup or something to increase humidity around the seedling.

But I never hear of anyone doing that; everyone says to germinate inside under lamps and to wait a few weeks before transplanting outside.

The last thing I need right now is to have the seedlings die on me this late in the game when I have no more money to buy more seeds.

So the plants I'm currently growing are Chemdawgs - 6 high thc plants. No noticable CBD in them. All fems.

The other seeds I am considering planting are CBD Caramel - 6 high CBD plants. No no noticable thc in them. All fems.

All plants are photos.

So my plants are looking better than before. I still wonder if I was getting light burn on the one side from that 400w CFL. I moved it up about 8 inches the other say which seems a bit better. Still too soon to really know

So onto some pics - taken under wonderful natural sunshine.

1588459845814659125850188887238.jpg

Still a bit odd looking this plant. I'm sure that once it is planted in its planter it will flesh out significantly. The next one is similarly odd looking.

15884600496888956304008266157911.jpg

My other little odd looker.

15884602186727042285247936766177.jpg

One of my stronger plants bit still seriously wounded in the war against the Peat Moss "Soil"!

15884604374903797363003747294429.jpg

Again good looking but stunted.

15884606413254828442873100392258.jpg

The best plant I have. Seriously stunted for five weeks.

15884608109076425566411321931102.jpg

And my runt of the litter - seriously stunted at 5 weeks old. But I really think a little sunshine and some fresh CO2 will help immensely. She keeps pushing out these small thin leaves so there is hope. Right?

I'm afraid that last pic isn't in focus. I couldn't see my screen outside so I was kinda snapping photos completely blind.

So those are my plants and my plans. And if anyone has any insight about planting s seed directly in the ground or outside planter please share it here. I'd love your help with this decision. Last thing I want is to lose my seeds.

All my best,
~Magnus

Plant in a solo and once it pops up transplant to the big pot. Keep it sheltered for a few days out of direct sun until it hardens off.
Thanks so much, Penny. That's good advice.

All my best,
~Magnus

I plant directly under the sun all the time Magnus :thumb: Often I’ll use a small pot for a month or so and if you do that you need to keep the beating sun off the pot-sides, for heat protection at the rootzone. For that, I wrap them in a burlap sack as recommended by Graytail and that works a treat.

If you’re starting them from seed and the season is late enough they can just stay outside. No need to harden off if the seedling starts outside :) Just needs to be warm enough to do so.

I have also had success planting directly into the ground so I’d say straight into your bug pots would be fine.

How cold is it getting overnight where you are now?

I plant directly under the sun all the time Magnus :thumb: Often I’ll use a small pot for a month or so and if you do that you need to keep the beating sun off the pot-sides, for heat protection at the rootzone. For that, I wrap them in a burlap sack as recommended by Graytail and that works a treat.

If you’re starting them from seed and the season is late enough they can just stay outside. No need to harden off if the seedling starts outside :) Just needs to be warm enough to do so.

I have also had success planting directly into the ground so I’d say straight into your bug pots would be fine.

How cold is it getting overnight where you are now?
I'm with Amy. As soon as my seeds break the surface they are out in the sun. If it's too cold to leave them outside at night I will bring them in, then BANG! Right outside again the next morning. Rinse repeat.
Thanks, both of you. It still gets down to 3 or 4 degrees celsius at nights here but a lot changes temp wise in a short time. Still I think I will germinate in a small indoor pot and place them outside during the days fow a bit of time anyways and then plant in my big planters around 1st of June. That is when we usually plant our gardens here because there is always still a chance of frost before then.

But i picked up my ingredients for my super soil last week and will begin preparing soil the day after tomorrow. Tomorrow it is supposed to be raining.

I have six planters to prepare and 2 holes in the ground and 4 plastic totes to all prepare.

I've decided to grow my Chemdawgs in the 4 totes plus the two holes in the ground. In all of these planting options my plants wont grow as large as if they were in the planters. I just dont think I can handle covering 6 large planters at night for 8 weeks. I just dont have the mobility in my arms and shoulders to do that. If my thc plants are in the totes andvin the holes in the ground then I at least will be able to manage them.

And though I know people are already telling me it's a bad decision I am going to grow sutos in my big planter pots.

At least with autos I wont have to cover them. They can grow as big as they want and I wont have to worry about it.

The pain I get from lifting my arms above my head is just not worth the extra weed in my opinion. Seriously, the pain is that bad.

So six high CBD autos in my big planters outside and we will see how well they do. I might be making a big mistake regarding my yields but I'm making a better decision about my health.

The CBD Solomatic seeds I am getting are from CBD Depot and they are >1% thc and <20% cbd- so they will hopefully work well for my fibromyalgia. And the company lists a higher outdoor output yields than indoor - so that's a good sign.

I'll just have to see how this summer's grow goes given my physical limitations. I've even got one friend who is almost angry at me for even attempting to grow outside this year. He thinks I should just grow inside and be done with it.

I realize I wont get optimal yields from my autos but I've got to do something... and I've got to be able to accomplish whatever I begin. I'm afraid if I just grow autos in those planters that I will be so overwhelmed by the pain having to cover them each night that I will have to abandon my grow halfway through. I would hate to have to do that but if I'm growing photos outside there is a real danger of that.

All my best,
~Magnus

realize I wont get optimal yields from my autos but I've got to do something... and I've got to be able to accomplish whatever I begin. I'm afraid if I just grow autos in those planters that I will be so overwhelmed by the pain having to cover them each night that I will have to abandon my grow halfway through. I would hate to have to do that but if I'm growing photos outside there is a real danger of that.
I think it sounds a very sensible plan Magnus :thumb: And if your autos get plenty of full sun hours they can actually do pretty well .

You could also consider putting more than one of each variety in the big pots. I grew 2 together in 7gal pots and it worked well. Same strain of course. I honestly could have had more in each pot. Mine only get 6-8hrs sun max and some dappled and i still got some nice ounces and made lovely dosing oils with them.

ingredients for my super soil last week and will begin preparing soil the day after tomorrow.
:woohoo:

I think it sounds a very sensible plan Magnus :thumb: And if your autos get plenty of full sun hours they can actually do pretty well .

You could also consider putting more than one of each variety in the big pots. I grew 2 together in 7gal pots and it worked well. Same strain of course. I honestly could have had more in each pot. Mine only get 6-8hrs sun max and some dappled and i still got some nice ounces and made lovely dosing oils with them.

:woohoo:
Thanks Amy. Great idea but I just dont have the money for the seeds right now. It is a miracle I even was able to buy the goodies for my soil mix. I was only able to because my sister bought them for me in her attempts to help me produce the CBD oil I need so badly. I cant ask her for any more for seeds. So six is all I will have. If I had 12 I would plant them all - trust me...

All my best,
~Magnus

Good morning all!...

Hope this morning is treating you all just fine.

Looks like it will be a grey rainy day here in Vegreville. That sucks ass. Maybe I will rest up for my big day tomorrow prepping soil for growing outside.

I wondered before if i could make up a batch of super soil to use with inside plants and not have to feed them nutes as a result.

Anyone know the answer to that? I would love to know.

So my half assed plants are doing OKAY. That's right. A big OKAY. Not a GREAT or WONDERFULLY or even NICELY. But they are doing OKAY. Which is much better than POORLY.

Here is my little, massacred-looking barely hanging on runt. I swear - she is still alive. I think. She does have tiny green sprouts that suggest leaf nodules but they sure ain't growing quickly.

15886008982785536172215667474226.jpg

See the lighter green parts? Those seem to be live leaves. The others appear to be dying.

15886010573725991919120381888561.jpg

15886011400947928423407260141257.jpg

On this plant many of the leaves feel old and leathery. I think this is mostly from the nute deficiency that she experienced early on. Or it might be light burn, I'm thinking - so I'm moving the lights further away from the plants today. But you can see regrowth after the nute deficiency especially in the bottom pic.

15886014169323283181086634798457.jpg

15886015202766309678192381637246.jpg

This one is similar to the one above but in the past two days has really developed indications of nute deficiency again. I dont know why they should be showing such signs as are evident in this leaf I pinched off. Any ideas what is happening? They should be uploading their nutes. I am still using melted snow which has a ppm of 25 ppm and pH of 6.2. So I dont know what I'm doing wrong here...

15886018337935862776136411048734.jpg

They are all quite stunted as far as I'm concerned. But we are getting on the right track as time passes...

1588601982955353145784805353087.jpg

On this one there is yet another leaf pointing toward a deficiency of some kind.

15886020995112463201745992850064.jpg

And this last one shows evidence of a nutrient problem.

Or is it something else?

I just moved my 1200w LED about 8 inches further from the plants and I'll move the CFL about a foot further. See if that helps...

15886023803565667530122146464156.jpg

Greta lying on the floor of my tent. I dont usually allow my dogs inside the tent but Greta has needed to have me so close ever since little Porkchop died that I hesitate to push her away at all. She seems to need her Daddy ever so much right now and it's not surprising given all she went through with Porkchop's death. I dont know if I mentioned it on here what happened but if you are interested in knowing why I now must administer CBD oil to my dog then just ask me to explain in a PM. It's not really a story for a grow journal.

So I'm keeping my baby gurl very close for now.

So I SHOULD be able to buy my CBD seeds tomorrow when I get my gst. That money will be a godsend.

So those are my plants and that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

All my best,
~Magnus

What are you using for soil and nutrients?
Hi PW. I mix up a super soil for my plants and mix that new soil in with the old soil from the last grow.

First off I add a shitload of manure (pun intended!) into the planter and turn it over well. Then I add the following in varying amounts:

Peat moss
Worm castings
Perlite
Blood meal
Bone meal
Kelp
Oyster shell
Dolomite lime
Mychorrizae
Alfalfa pellets (rabbit pellets)
And some good dirt

The store was out of bat guano so I'm replacing it with extra alfalfa.

Also, I get my bovine manure from a friend down the road from my farm who raises cattle. Hes got lots of extra shit hanging around!

Then, throughout the summer I try to make up compost teas for the grrrls. Using compost in a net stocking with mychorrizae and maybe some blood meal with some molasses to feed the microscopic critters in the tea. Then I add my bubbler into it and let it "perk" for about 24 hours before feeding it to the plants. They love it! I bubble it up in a plastic 40-gallon garbage can I reserve for this purpose specifically.

All my best,
Magnus

What are you using for soil and nutrients?
Hey PW - Would this soil mix, were I to use it in indoor pots, give my indoor plants enough nutrients to live out their lives without added nutrients from a bottle?

I know from experience that this soil mix provides enough stuff for my outside plants to grow to very big size but I've no idea if plants planted in much smaller pots with the same soil mix would survive. Your expert opinion is always welcome.

As is anyone's opinion!

All my best,
~Magnus

Use bigger pots indoors and it should work well. The plants look like they may be getting too much nitrogen.
Would that be the combination of the blood meal and the alfalfa? I do have it written down somewhere what each additive is for but I cant locate the paper at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom