Magnus Growing Chemdawg Using Remo Nutes

Things are coming along nicely. When are you planning on planting outside?
Next week sometime. Probably later in the week. It went down to below zero (frost time) on 3 days just last week and it's still quite cool. Usually once it really warms up in our days is when we can be sure to plant. Usually the long weekend in May (next weekend) but I think that's a bit soon this year.

Looking so much better, if you have good light overhead you really don’t need it below.
Is that the case, Penny? I've just got this one friend who thinks he is God's gift to the grow world and he has been growing for maybe 2 years and he is always telling me what to do with my grows. Like now, he is actually in a tiff because he is angry that I've decided to grow outside because he feels that inside is the only way to grow. He has also been bitching at me constantly every chance he gets for my decision to grow CBD autos.

Anyway...he insists I need under canopy lights to reach my buds hidden by fan leaves.

Dont ask. It's a very complicated relationship...

All my best,
~Magnus

Ok. I need a beating, a real thrashing, a whipping if you will.

Yesterday morning I put my plants outside as usual at about 8 a.m. to get some much needed sunshine. The air was a little cool but the new clones seemed to be responding so well to the previous days sunshine that I thought what the hell.

I went about my day.

My dinner was ready by about 7 p.m. But I was almost too tired to eat. I sleep very little these days. An hour or two is about all I can sleep per night. Consequently I fall asleep at the most inopportune times. Like last night. Falling asleep at the table while eating my dinner...

I must have been real exhausted because I didntvwake until the house was completely dark. I stumbled over to the microwave to check the time: 1:30 a.m.

Christ! My plants! They were still outside!

So I ran to the back door and ran outside to grab my plants. But it was much too late.

It was one of those typical spring nights we have around here. The sky was a radiant array of stars and the air was brisk. And cold. My plants looked like they had frozen.

I touched a few leaves only to discover that though they looked frozen they weren't, in fact. But they were damned close to it. So I put them lovingly away in their little tent and turned on both the LED and the CFL primarily to add some warmth to the tent. I wanted those very cold pots and earth to warm up.

This morning my plants look pretty badly damaged. I might lose only one, but the good vigorous growth they had been attaining has certainly been halted for some time, I'm sure.

I'm not as pissed about the two who were already struggling. I'm most upset about my 3 beautiful plants that all looked so well yesterday morning.

I'm so angry at myself for falling asleep. That was my only mistake. The plants would have been fine had I not slept at the kitchen table.

What an idiot.

Sadly,
~Magnus

Sorry to hear that but shit happens don't beat yourself up. Maybe set a alarm for the time you want to bring them in at.
I just did not expect to fall asleep with my face in my dinner!

They mostly will live. But I feel like such an asshole.

Thanks for your constantly reassuring words, though.

Ok. I need a beating, a real thrashing, a whipping if you will.

Yesterday morning I put my plants outside as usual at about 8 a.m. to get some much needed sunshine. The air was a little cool but the new clones seemed to be responding so well to the previous days sunshine that I thought what the hell.

I went about my day.

My dinner was ready by about 7 p.m. But I was almost too tired to eat. I sleep very little these days. An hour or two is about all I can sleep per night. Consequently I fall asleep at the most inopportune times. Like last night. Falling asleep at the table while eating my dinner...

I must have been real exhausted because I didntvwake until the house was completely dark. I stumbled over to the microwave to check the time: 1:30 a.m.

Christ! My plants! They were still outside!

So I ran to the back door and ran outside to grab my plants. But it was much too late.

It was one of those typical spring nights we have around here. The sky was a radiant array of stars and the air was brisk. And cold. My plants looked like they had frozen.

I touched a few leaves only to discover that though they looked frozen they weren't, in fact. But they were damned close to it. So I put them lovingly away in their little tent and turned on both the LED and the CFL primarily to add some warmth to the tent. I wanted those very cold pots and earth to warm up.

This morning my plants look pretty badly damaged. I might lose only one, but the good vigorous growth they had been attaining has certainly been halted for some time, I'm sure.

I'm not as pissed about the two who were already struggling. I'm most upset about my 3 beautiful plants that all looked so well yesterday morning.

I'm so angry at myself for falling asleep. That was my only mistake. The plants would have been fine had I not slept at the kitchen table.

What an idiot.

Sadly,
~Magnus
Mind you, the pathetic little clones seemed perfectly fine.

Go figure.

Hey Magnus - bummer about the unfortunately-timed narcolepsy! :eek: glad they’re still mostly alive. My condolences on the incident.

Sounds like your grow buddy needs to learn Cannabis 101 - It’s personal! No-one can tell someone else what they should or shouldn’t be growing. You need CBD for your health and inflammatory pain condition and a friend ought to know that and honour your efforts to get it.

We growers discuss things and share advice all the time, but everyone’s garden is their own special and particular expression of their own needs and desires. It doesn’t sound like your buddy understands this at all and that is a canna-sadness in my book.

Sending all the vibes for the recovery of your veglings!
:Namaste:

Hey Magnus - bummer about the unfortunately-timed narcolepsy! :eek: glad they’re still mostly alive. My condolences on the incident.

Sounds like your grow buddy needs to learn Cannabis 101 - It’s personal! No-one can tell someone else what they should or shouldn’t be growing. You need CBD for your health and inflammatory pain condition and a friend ought to know that and honour your efforts to get it.

We growers discuss things and share advice all the time, but everyone’s garden is their own special and particular expression of their own needs and desires. It doesn’t sound like your buddy understands this at all and that is a canna-sadness in my book.

Sending all the vibes for the recovery of your veglings!
:Namaste:
Thanks Amy, for the support on all fronts. I truly appreciate it.

No, my friend isnt very good at knowing how to be supportive. It's not one of his strong suits. But thank you for confirming something I believe myself - that your noun garden is just that - your own garden.

Have a wonderful evening/day. I think you will be headed into tomorrow pretty quickly. Hope yours is filled with hope.

All my best,
~Magnus

Hi Magnus how are you I am guessing with the rain you have postponed planting outside. It's coming down here hard.
Hiya Smokey,

Well there's the rain and then...there is the fact that my neighbor's dog got into my yard where I was hardening off my plants, which were doing quite well, mind you, and that goddamned dog tore and dug up almost every single plant I had out there. None were salvageable. None except a couple of those tiny pathetic little bubba kush clones that are struggling so hard.

And since the new CBD auto seeds havent arrived yet I'm scrambling for what to do.

I think I'm going to do the following...

I'll nurture the clones as best I can. Any that are viable will get planted in the plastic totes where the Chemdawgs would have gone.

On the day my auto seeds come I will soak for 18 hrs or so and then make an indentation in my planters full of rich supersoil. I will fill each indentation with seedling starter soil. Drop the presoaked seeds into the starter soil. This way the beginning of their lives will be in the regular potting soil and when their roots get stronger they can reach into the supersoil. I'll cover the seed with a clear plastic cups for the first few days of their lives.

No transplanting. No stunting their growth with any transplants.

The company claims these autos have 600 g/m² outside and they will be ready in 50 - 60 days. That should be short enough to bring me to harvest before September hits.

I'm planning to move for the 1st of September into Rocky Mountain House. Having a harvest to be done so close to that just kinda freaks me out. I've heard autos are notorious for not finishing on time. Does anyone know if this is true?

All my best,
~Magnus

Sorry to hear that Magnus that's terrible I am an animal lover myself but I would definitely be telling the neighbour you better to keep your dog on your property because if I catch him on my property again it'll be the last time. And I would hate for it to come to that but you go to do what you got to do.

I’d kill them dogs.
Oh I came sum fucking close, let me tell you. If I hadnt already had so many altercations with that neighbor over my growing weed in my yard, if not for all the previous hassles, I would have gone over and at least demanded the money for the seeds, but alas there is too much animosity there already. I dont need more problems this summer.

Back
Top Bottom