Magnus' Summer Outdoor - Soil 15 AK47, Crit Mass, Ice Bomb, NL, Big Bud, Pin Express

Re: Magnus' Summer Outdoor - Soil 15 AK47, Crit Mass, Ice Bomb, NL, Big Bud, Pin Expr

Okay, does anyone know how to add picss to a posting when you're using the app? I could sure use a lesson in this, or I'll never be able to show you my pics.

Re: Magnus' Summer Outdoor - Soil 15 AK47, Crit Mass, Ice Bomb, NL, Big Bud, Pin Expr

Welcome back my friend!:circle-of-love:

I cant help with the app but...

You could put the pictures in your book.

Then we all would have to buy it to see the plants!

Peace. :peace:

Hey FP,

I LOVE that idea. Might just out me as a 420 afficianado, though, to all my non-existent fans, right?

I am hoping everyone here will buy the book because they want to read the story, not just to look at the pretty pictures. Like, get with the program, eh? Hahaha.

Seriously, it would please me to no end to get some sales from 420magazine.com users.

I would be curious to know, though. Anyone for a show of hands of who is interested in buying Finding Max when it comes out next May in both paper and electronic formats? Hey--just remember that 50% of every sale goes into my pocket. Minus taxes, of course. So you really would be greatly supporting a starving artist... And hey, I swear you will love the story and it's shocking climax. And guess what? There are two more books in the trilogy to come! Wow! What bang for your buck.

Still can't figure out this pic problem. Dammit to heck!

Best,
Magnus.

Book Bonus: if you want to buy the book I'll even have to supply you with my real, legal name because how else will you find it, eh?

Hey Magnus 8,

Before the book launch you could change your name.

How about...

Magnus8 Cannaoil?

Magnus8 Hash Brownies?

Magnus8 The Whole Stash

And one for my friend who loves animals,

Magnus8 Wormpoop

LoL,

Glad to have you back,

Yay!

About depression - Been combatting that my entire life. It is very hard and some periods are harder than others. I understand

Hey Magnus.

Here's a link to a thread where the second or third post is about uploading photos from an iPhone. I didn't go further than that to see if they listed other cell phones or not but I know you'll figure it out. You're a smart guy.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Hey FP,

I LOVE that idea. Might just out me as a 420 afficianado, though, to all my non-existent fans, right?

I am hoping everyone here will buy the book because they want to read the story, not just to look at the pretty pictures. Like, get with the program, eh? Hahaha.

Seriously, it would please me to no end to get some sales from 420magazine.com users.

I would be curious to know, though. Anyone for a show of hands of who is interested in buying Finding Max when it comes out next May in both paper and electronic formats? Hey--just remember that 50% of every sale goes into my pocket. Minus taxes, of course. So you really would be greatly supporting a starving artist... And hey, I swear you will love the story and it's shocking climax. And guess what? There are two more books in the trilogy to come! Wow! What bang for your buck.

Still can't figure out this pic problem. Dammit to heck!

Best,
Magnus.

Book Bonus: if you want to buy the book I'll even have to supply you with my real, legal name because how else will you find it, eh?

When we buy the book we'll know your real legal name. Lol! We'll know the title and can find it that way. No need to expose yourself on the open field.

Good to see you're still with us Magnus. :hug:

Hi All,

I was led to believe I was too subtle with my suggestions for Magnus' new names.

So read "Magnus8" as "Magnus ate".

My favorite is the third one. Reminds me of Tommy Chong in Up in Smoke. Remember, "my dog ate my stash, man"?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey Magnus 8,

Before the book launch you could change your name.

How about...

Magnus8 Cannaoil?

Magnus8 Hash Brownies?

Magnus8 The Whole Stash

And one for my friend who loves animals,

Magnus8 Wormpoop

LoL,

Glad to have you back,

H'lo all!!!

Back again. And now I'm just downright pissed. I had typed up this nice, long pictorial update and then something happened, the screen refreshed itself and all my words were gone. Damnit to hell. I just don't seem to be in th eluck lately, eh?

Okay, so here's the pics you've all been waiting for (at least those of you are still sticking around and haven't abandoned this poorly updated journal).

Again, like before: First pic is a CBD Critical Mass, next is a Pineapple Express, third is a Big Bud and last is another CBD Critical Mass. As for the rest? Well, there's an AK-47 in there somewhere, but I lost track of where a long time ago. You see, my ink on my popsicle sticks wore off ages ago and I now have no idea what is what!!! But I'm sure I'll be able to tell what is what when I smoke the shit, right? I hope so. I'm really looking forward to trying that AK-47 as well as that CBD Critical Mass for my back.

Anyway, onward, ever onward.

20170803_084150.jpg

20170803_084205.jpg

20170803_084221.jpg

20170803_084231.jpg

20170803_084239.jpg

20170803_084248.jpg

20170803_084256.jpg

20170803_084311.jpg

So all the above pics are those that were planted either in 3 foot by 2 feet deep holes in the groune |(the first 2 plants were planted like that), or in planter boxes that were 3 feet by 3 feet by 2 feet deep. All these "pots" were filled with super soil (I tell you, I'll never plant in regular -- not super soil -- soil ever again. That super soil shit is the bees fucking knees, I tell you. No need for nutrients -- though some of them are now showing signs of needing a bit of extra Nitrogen now that we're coming to the end of the vegetative stage and will soon be moving into the flowering stage).

So all the next plants were planted in 3 gallon planting containers or cloth bags that I usually use for my indoors coco grows. You can see the enormous difference between the plants. I still have a hard time believing it and so next year my aim is to get another 6 or 7 planting boxes ready for plants. Better than way than in these plant pots, that's for sure. But the ones in the pots have fared quite well, given that they're still in pots and must be rootbound for days now.

So here's the pics of the plants in the bags/pots.

20170803_084325.jpg

20170803_084332.jpg

20170803_084350.jpg

20170803_084406.jpg

That last shot shows the beginnings of our greenhouse that we're constructing. It is just a carport with the skin torn off. We'll wrap it in a tarp either later next month or in early spring of next year. Either way, it will serve 2 functions: help plants grow (tomatoes and weed) and to hide the grow from prying eyes of passersby on the road out front. So that's the purpose of putting up the greenhouse. Right now, most of the plants are hidden by the huge weeds that have grown around them and \I am contented in this, very surely. From the road, it is even hard to tell that we're growing anything in particular. But guess what? I AM growing something in particular. A very peculiar particular crop on this farm, let me tell you.

These next two shots are just to show you where I live and what the landscape is like. I really is farmland. I haven't been pulling your legs! So this is our back 40, the only real area where anyone could stand and see what I'm growing in my yard. Hell, I look at it this way. I live on a farm. I'm just farming my crop -- don't interfere!!!

20170803_084418.jpg

20170803_084426.jpg

This next shot just shows you the wild raspberry patch just down by my grow. Every morning, after checking my plants, I go out and pick the ripened raspberries and put them in the freezer. I'm trying to save enough of them to make a wild raspberry pie. Now doesn't that sound yummy? It sure does to me... But I got weak the other night and ate one of my small bags of raspberries in the middle of the night. And guess what? The wife-bot noticed and called me on it! Damn. So much for subterfuge in the house, eh?

So here's the contentious raspberries.

20170803_084557.jpg

And this last shot shows Dobby, my own little house elf. She's now 9 years old and I've had her since her mother died when she was only 4 weeks old. I had to wake with her in the night 3 times a night and feed her from my fingers. But all went well and she's incredibly loyal and close to me, my constant companion (sometimes moreso than the wife-bot even) and the love of my heart. Guess what? I told her to stay and she moved anyway just as I was about to take the pic. Typical of babies and animals. They never do what you want them to do when it comes to pictures. Right? So here's Dobby!!!

20170803_084725.jpg

Now, there are 2 plants I haven't shown you today for good reason. When I shot these pics, these 2 plants were already in bed for the night. Yes, that's right. I thought to myself that I had zilch weed for my back, would have to wait until October for my harvest, so why not force a couple of plants into 12/12 right now and get some bud happening and on the way? So last sunday I put them to bed at 8:00 pm and started the cycle.

They are already budding!!! Big fat buds already forming at the tips and about an inch down the stalk of every monster cropped glorious branch. I'm lovin' it. I promise that the next time I take pics, it'll be while those 2 are awake (not Watchtower Awake, just awake) so I can show you what's happening with them. And I've just decided while writing this that I'll give some of the plants some extra Nigrogen to force them into growing bigger and stronger so that when it comes time to flower in a month or so, they'll be more than ready.

So how was that? Was it worth the wait? I doubt it. I am still so very sorry about the way this journal has not happened this summer. I hope to make it up to you as much as possible. You can see from the size of the plants that everything is going well over here on the farm. Can't wait to bring in the crop, so to speak. As long as we don't get a killing frost out here before then. I wouldn't be surprised this year. It has been a dismal year from growing anything. You should see my garden to know that is true. But still, the weed us growing seemingly well. The size of the plants seems to suggest that all is well with them. The wind, which is terribly bad here for some reason) has damaged one of the plants at least, no 2 of them, but one only minorly. But the damage to the other plant was substantial. It happened to one of the larger plants in the planters. The wind broke off about 1/3 of the plant and I was unable to repair it. But the part that survived is still doing amazingly well, btw. I'm curious to see how much I get from this plant in particular.

So there you have it. My pictorial update. I hope it brings a smile to your faces as you look through the plants and imagine what it would have been like if I could have afforded the wood for more boxes and the soil to fill them with. There's always next year, right? Right.

So with that all said, I bud you adieu (pun intended!!!). I'm still waiting for that show of hands from people who are interested in reading Finding Max, though... C'mon guys and galls, get those arms up up up high in the sky!

Much love to everyone out there. I hope your own grows are going beautifully.

Best,
Magnus

p.s. Just in closing, there are 8 plants in either planters or holes in the ground (these are the HUGE plants) and 11 in pots growing, too. Hell, if I had just four of the plants in pots in an indoor grow I would think it was hugely successful. I think this grow will be amazingly successful. Just thought you'd like to know how many plants in total. I guess I just started too many clones not sure how many would survive, but I had an almost 100% success rate with my clones, even though they were all monster cropped at the time. If you don't know what monster cropping is, it is when you take your clones from a plant that is already in flower and you bring it out of flower and back into veg. When it starts growing again, it just goes wild with branches that will become colas. That's why my plants are all so damned bushy!!! Cool, huh?

And on another note, spent the day yesterday trying to figure out a budget for my book tour, including eastern US, western Canada and LA area. If I can raise the money on Kickstarter.com (no need to look for the campaign on Kickstarter yet; it isn't live as of now but will be when the video is done), then it looks like I'll be touring for a total of close to 2 months. WOW!!! 2 months of travel to places I love to go -- can't wait (as long as I can raise the money to do it in.) Hopefully you all will take a look at the Kickstarter campaign video, just to comment on it and let me know what you think. I'd really appreciate that when the time comes.

And one last thing. I hope to be making Compost Tea within the next 2 days and I'm going to take you on a pictorial journey of how that's done so that if you want to make it for your own plants, you can. You could even do it for your soil planted indoor plants if you wanted to. It is so great for your plants. It really is amazing stuff. So look for that posting on how to make Compost Tea with Magnus-on-the-Farm! And I really should quit procrastinating and get back to writing this morning. I'm in the middle of writing chapter 12 of Loving Max, the sequel to Finding Max. There's another book planned after Loving Max, and it will be titled Discovering Max and will be the final book in the Finding Max Trilogy of books.

And hey, who doesn't love a great suspense/thriller novel?

Actually, for my book tour I'm planning on making up some bookmarks that will read on one side, "Don't you just love a good thriller/suspense novel?" and on the other side it will read, "Find out what Finding Max is all about".

Hey Magnus8,

You should be thankful your better half didn't call the cops when she learned of the stolen raspberries!:yikes:

Looks great, thanks for sharing.

Holy Crap, Magnus! You're a frigging farmer! Nice show. Your plants all look fairly healthy and green and BIG. What strains did you grow inside? The method sounded interesting.

You have a regular little canna kingdom going there Magnus. :high-five: Figuring out the strains will be a challenge. Next year make a map.

Yes, it was worth the wait. :hug:

H'lo all,

Nice to see there's a few of you left still interested in what's going on here in this neck of the country.

The wife-bot has devised a way to cover the plants come next week. Since we live quite far north, we're going to have to simulate shorter days and longer nights because the days are still too long here and frosts might come before they flower if I don't find a way to cover them and simulate nightime.

We'll the wife-bot comes to the rescue -- again! I tell you, she's a veritable fountain of grand ideas.

To cover the plants, we are basically constructing a dome above them by sticking 6 foot bamboo shoots into the earth and then tying two of the bamboo shoots together with a rubber hosing up top, so that they form a sort of semicircular dome over top of the plant. Kind of hard to understand, right?

\okay then, here's a few pics to explain more easily...

This is the plastic tubing we found for 100 feet for $25. Cheap enough.

DSC_9649.JPG

This is the bamboo shoot stuck in the ground -- nothing special.

DSC_9647.JPG

This is how the tubing is just stuck on the bamboo shoots, forming a curve between two shoots.

DSC_9646.JPG

And this is the final frame. Sturdy because of the bamboo, able to sway in the breeze and still strong (I hope).

DSC_9648.JPG

Then we'll take a tarp and throw it over the structure and voila! instant nightime.

Think it will work? I do.

Best,
Magnus.

Thanks for the compliments, HG. Actually, I gave up on the idea of growing inside this summer. It was just too much to look after the weed, the garden and the yard, not to mention keeping my back in working order of some kind. So I didn't grow inside this summer. I don't think I'll need to have, how about you? I think I might have enough cannabis growing here to last me a while, I hope.

I counted my plants this morning and I've got 8 of the in either planters or holes in the ground (these are the really huge plants) and 11 in fabric and other pots. So that's a total of 19 plants, every one of which is larger than I could have grown indoors, too. I think I made good choices...

Best,
Magnus.

20170807_1049011.jpg
High Magnus8, looks like our wifes think alike:idea: ! I know it will work. Fashion a tee-pee to slip over frame and the geometric shape should resist any wind storm! Wifes who would have thought!!!:nicethread::party: Peace bud

Hey Walleye,

How nice to hear from you again! Again, I am so very sorry that I've been so absent on here this summer. I really wanted to give a good show to you all, but that never materialized. Thanks for the encouragement on the structures the wife-bot is building for me. Yea, they seem pretty sturdy. But you don' tknow the kinds of windstorms we get around here. I've never seen anything like it. The last one was so bad it broke about 1/3 of one of my plants clear off. Tried to mend it, but no go. It completely died, not the whole plant, just the 1/3 that broke off. I know you can mend plants because I've done it before, but this break was just too extreme I think. Anyway, that's what the windstorms around here do. It also blew off a ton of shingles from the garage. I'm still picking them out of the longish grass that grows everywhere.

On another note, it looks like, if everything goes well and \i can raise the cash, then my book tour will bring me to eastern US and Canada and western Canada next spring/summer. I think it would be grand to meet some of you on my travels, if anyone is interested in getting to know each other further. I know, I know. This is all supposed to be annonymous, but I kind of feel like it would be fun to know some of you better. To have a face and a voice to attach to these postings. Anyway, if anyone lives in either of those areas and is interested in meeting up next spring, let me know. Maybe we can arrange it in the schedule and just swing the book tour to whatever city/town you live in.

I am getting so excited about the idea of a book tour. I haven't had a vacation since 1998. I know this isn't a vacation. It is a lot of work to be on tour, but still, all that driving, seeing the country, staying in campgrounds, meeting new people from all over, etc etc. Sounds kinda vacation-like to me!!! We are trying to find a way to bring the wife-bot along with me. That would make things so very much easier to have someone along to help out with setting up the displays, carrying boxes of books, helping with meals, keeping me on schedule (because I tend to get off schedule at times...). Whatever happens, I would love to have her along.

I've come up with a little idea that I think is quite brilliant myself. I've been researching signage for the tour and found these lightweight upright posters that you can attach a monitor to. I thought I would buy two of them and monitors to go with them and a dvd player then concoct a short video that will play in a loop in both monitors, about me, my working process, my book, myself, that kind of thing. Then get to the bookstore about 2 hours early to set up. Get the videos going and hope that they suck people into them and into thinking that a book reading might be something to go to. The idea is to bring in more people for the talks than I would otherwise get. And hopefully more sales, too, because once the customer sees the video, they may be intrigued into buying the book. So, for all kinds of reasons, I think it would be a great idea for the tour.

I know I go on and on about my book, my book tour, etc in these postings. It is because it is a huge part of my life right now. This is my first book published and I want to do everything possible to give it a good chance to succeed.

And it's a really, really good book, too! Thats what is so important in this whole fiasco. The book is a real thriller/suspense novel with some good twists and some horrible events happening throughout. And not just that, Finding Max is the first book in a trilogy of books, Finding Max, Loving Max, and Discovering Max. I mean, what more could you want?

Who doesn't love a great suspense novel, right?

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

So if anyone has any ideas about where I might like to go on the tour or a special bookstore that I might want to contact to speak at, or any other ideas about the trip and the marketing of the book, then feel free to send your thoughts my way. I'm always open to suggestions.

Okay, off the soapbox that is my book tour lately.

Hope all is well with everyone, Walleye, you too. Keep strong. And like I said, if you've got ideas or suggestions, please send them my way.

Best,
Magnus.

My first thought is a book signing somewhere like Barbados or St Lucia, and write it off as an expense !! Don't forget passport (like I did-American side was great though!). I look forward to your book knowing the creative energy you possess, and realize I have only chose to read a few books in my life !! Absent in the summer can be a good thing so don't worry about that, just don't post any more govt numbers that are traceable, you had us concerned !!! Peace bud:circle-of-love::surf::smokin:

Hey Walleye,

Are you talking about that license plate numbers that were in a photo that I posted? I didn't even notice that they were in the pic. Luckily, the kind administrators at 420mag caught it and took the photo down, so I'm safe. For now.

Some really terrible things are happening these past 2 days on my end. A friend's 17 year old son, who i would also consider a friend, wrote a suicide note the other night, snuck out his bedroom window, took a rope meant for horseriding, and we haven\'t found him yet. In the pit of my stomach I know he is already dead by his own hand and I am so terribly saddened by this. We spent the day with his sister yesterday while her husband was out with the search teams in the woods, trying to help her cope with what was happening and with her 4 kids who know nothing abnout what is happening yet. I feel confident that they'll find his swinging body today. And there is so much more to this story that I cannot go into, that would frighten the hell out of most of you, that woudl horrify you, but Ijust vannot divulge it for James's reputation and for my own safety. But I pray for a swift resolution to this horrible hunt for his swinging body. And I know why he hasn't been found yet. The searchers are not looking up high enough in the trees. James was an avid tree climber. He was always climbing trees. He loved doing it. My bet is that he chose a very tall tree, climbed until he couldn't anymore, and then jumped with the noose around his neck. I think he's somewhere in the treetos and not close to the ground, and I think the searchers are looking too close to the ground.

Gawd. I get sick just thinking about it. And you know my big dilemma today? Neither my wife-bot nor I have any clothing for a funeral and cannot afford clothihng for a funeral, but we will have to find it somehow out of our food budget. It is just money I cannot afford, that's all.

And I'm so very scared for James. I know that with his determination and desires he would accomplish anything he set out to do. And since he left a suicide note, he'd bound and determined to get this thing done.

Oh well. I guess that is how life rolls sometimes. Tragedy with the humour. I just wish there was more I could do.

Sadly,
Magnus.

All our thoughts are with you, your spouse and your family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom