Magnus' Summer Outdoor - Soil 15 AK47, Crit Mass, Ice Bomb, NL, Big Bud, Pin Express

Re: Magnus' Summer Outdoor - Soil 15 AK47, Crit Mass, Ice Bomb, NL, Big Bud, Pin Expr

Hey Spookies,

I believe you about the drama part. I'm expecting it. And so glad to know that an expert is here to help me with my summer grow. Between you and Sue, there's no way I could go wrong, right?

Nope. And it looks like you know what you are doing so should be a good watch.

Spooky

Re: Magnus' Summer Outdoor - Soil 15 AK47, Crit Mass, Ice Bomb, NL, Big Bud, Pin Expr

Hi All,

Show 'n' Tell? Anyone game? I just know you are...

So here goes.

These first two are of my seedlings. You can see that most of them are up, though not all. One you can see is trying to break through that surface. He's the one in the upper left. And one has broken through and is reaching high for the sky. He's the one in the upper right. And then everyone else is somewhere in between. Except those who are still pushing out their first legs and are still trappen in the Rapid Rooter. I can see those ones from standing right above. You obviously cannot. But they're going to gain traction and break free of that Rapid Rooter soon enough. You wait and see.

Enough talk. Let's look.

DSC_9395.JPG

DSC_9396.JPG

This next one is of my Big Bud clones that I'm trying to root. I told you they were having trouble, right. They sag like this all the time, though. I don't think it is necessarily due to them not getting enough moisture.

DSC_93971.JPG

This next one is of my Pineapple Express clones. They, too are having a rough time, but not like the BBs. I just about had a catastrophe the other day. I forgot to put the lid back on my rooting tray and they were left without their humidity lid for about 4 hours. I know, disaster. So they've all been having a rough go of it since then. But on second thought, I think the PE have recovered, though the BB have not.

DSC_93981.JPG

And this last one is of all my baby girls together, seedling and clone alike!

DSC_93991.JPG

So I hope you enjoyed this little pictorial romp through my closet. Hey, at least its not a romp through another kind of closet. That might not be so pretty. Well, maybe if it were decorated nicely...

All my best,
Magnus

Hello All!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter holiday, especially if you celebrate Easter. And if you don't? Well, I hope you had a good holiday anyway.

My wife got back yesterday from Ontario and is firmly ensconced in bed, trying like hell to get rid of a nasty respiratory infection that she came down with back home. Now she's recuperating in bed and I"m feeding her copious amounts of vitamin C and homemade soup and such. She's on the mend and will soon be back in rare form, I"m sure.

My book is coming along well for those of me who know me from my other grow. For those of you who don't, I'm a writer and I've just had a fiction novel picked up by a publisher and I"m going through the editing process with my editor as we speak. Throughout this grow you'll be hearing the ups and downs of the editing game as I edit my novel with my editor and get it ready for publication this fall. The book is called, Finding Max and should be published on 14 Nov 17. I'm very excited about this because I really believe in this book. Not that I think I'll sell many copies, but I"m just excited because I think it's a great book and it deserves to be published. Anyway, I've just returned Chapter VI to my editor with my part of the editing being done. Now I am waiting for her to get me her edits on Chapter VII so I can go through it and tweak it. I believe my editor is making my book into a better book, but that doesn't mean it isn't a hard process for me to participate in. Oh well.

So I've got some pics for you today. Are you ready? Hope so... Okay, so here goes.

This first pic shows the "working vases" out in form. If you were with me last grow, then you know what these are. For those of you who weren't, I purchased some glass jars to work as like plastic tops to my dixie cups that I planted my seedlings into. It keeps the moisture in so the babies, when they are very young, don't dry out too quickly. Everyone watching my last grow absolutely hated them, but I thought they were ingenious, actually. Anyway, here are four of them, put to work:

DSC_94001.JPG

These next two seedlings are Critical Mass seedlings. They seem to be faring well.

DSC_94031.JPG

DSC_94051.JPG

This next one is an AK47, doing quite well, too.

DSC_94041.JPG

This next baby is a Northern Lights crossed with a Mazar (whatever that is):

DSC_94061.JPG

Here are the rest of my Rapid Rooters with other shoots coming through. It sure is taking some of them an awfully long time, though. There are two Ice Bombs (indica hybrid, very good for pain/anxiety) that you can see well, one Cinderella 99 that you cannot even see though when I look from above I can see the tap root very, very, very slowly growing, and a Critical Mass that is having a rougher time of it than her sisters (they're all feminized, I don't buy any seeds that aren't feminized; why waste the money on males, right?). Still, these last 2 seeds, when look down upon from above seem to be growing, even if it is at a snail's pace right now).

So here's the pic of those other seedlings as they live and breath this afternoon:

DSC_9407.JPG

This is a shot of the last 2 seeds I have germinating. When those last 2 seedlings looked like they weren't going to germinate I dropped another 2 in water and then paper towel (actually I used toilet paper because I was out of paper towels and let me tell you, toilet paper is a poor cousin to paper towels when it comes to germinating seeds...). I don't know if you can see the taproots on these two seedlings beginning to grow, but I can. Damn how I wish I had a macro lens at times like these:

DSC_94091.JPG

And this shot shows my numerous clones I'm working on rooting right now. We'll see how many of them survive. I'd be happy if only six of them survived, 2 Big Buds (indicas) and 2 Pineapple Expresses (sativas). Part of me has begun to think that I'll keep all the indica weed to myself but I may try to sell off some of the sativas so I can make a bit of cash. That would be so nice to be able to make some money. On the other hand, I am not interested in getting caught selling weed by the cops so I'll likely not do that. But it's a bit of a fantasy to just make a bit of extra cash with my efforts. But the consequences are too dire to think of, actually. Damn. You know, it would just be so easy to do, right? Oh well. Better safe than sorry in this type of thing, right?

Anyway, so here's the clones:

DSC_9408.JPG

Hi All,

Only 3 pics to bring you today, but the one is kind of cool. I always love looking at pics of roots though. Maybe that's just me, though.

So this first pic is a shot of one of 3 clones that have rooted, showing its root system so far, before planting. Unfortunately, I had repotted the first two clones with roots before I realized, Hey, I should take pics of this for my journal, duh! Oh well. I never claimed to be the brightest porch light on the block. Bullshit. I have too claimed that honour before!

So anyway, here's the pic of one of my Pineapple Express clones with its roots so far grown:

DSC_9410.JPG

This is that same Pineapple Express a few moments later in a little pot of dirt. I'm growing outside so I thought dirt would be an adequate medium, rather than coco which is what I use when I grow indoors. So here's the pic:

DSC_9413.JPG

And here are the two Big Bud clones that also have grown root structures that have exited their little Rapid Rooter houses:

DSC_9412.JPG

And that's all the pics for today. If you're jonesing for pics, then just check out the ones above. I think that, because of the long weekend, no one at all came to see those pics.

a little pot of dirt.
I'm reminded me of something a friend's agronomy professor told the students on the first day of class: "Here in the Agronomy department, it's never "dirt." It's SOIL!" ;)

(Similarly, over in the English department in my Medieval Literature course, we got: "They weren't the "dark" ages, they were the MIDDLE ages!")

Anyway, thanks for the update. It looks like everything's coming along nicely. :thumb:

Hi All,

Got some pics for you. Not much new. Just continuings happening.

These first four pics show my seedlings who are big enough to have been potted into their own dixie cups already. This means that their root structure was already well developed before they ever touched dirt. So here's the pics:

DSC_9414.JPG

DSC_9415.JPG

DSC_94161.JPG

DSC_9417.JPG

These next two pics show the 3 clones (1 PE and 2 BB) that have rooted so far:

DSC_9413.JPG

DSC_9412.JPG

These next 4 pics are of my clones that haven't rooted fully yet. First 2 are PE, next 2 are BB:

DSC_94202.JPG

DSC_94211.JPG

DSC_94221.JPG

DSC_94231.JPG

DSC_94231.JPG

DSC_94231.JPG

These last pics are of seedlings still coming. 2 of them are Blue Dream, though they haven't been labelled yet. Should be a helluva grow this summer, right?:

DSC_94241.JPG

DSC_94251.JPG

DSC_94261.JPG

So I hope you enjoyed this pictorial romp through my closet. Hope to see you here again soon!

It's gonna be crazy to look back at this post in a couple months when you got some big ol monsters, happy 420!

Hey LaidBack,

Yes, it will be fun. They'll be unrecognizable. Hopefully, that is. I'm pretty excited about this grow, and this is just the beginning. Now I'm trying to work out how the hell I'm going to get water to them where they'll be at, and nutrients and such. I picked up some nutrients yesterday at the grow store that'll help a ton, and then I'll be using the manure, too. I think it'll work out fine, actually. I really do. As long as I don't get raided! Wouldn't that be terrible? But I don't think it'll happen, though. I really don't.

And happy 420 to you, too!

No way man, no cops no getting busted, I'm sending positive vibes and isn't there something going on with legalization in Canada? What a beautiful time we live in. The water transportation may become a hassle but what a beautiful hassle to have! Looking forward to this journey

Just a tip mag, when taking clones make sure to cut the bigger fan leaves in half. This will concentrate on root development instead of keeping a couple of big fan leaves alive. It won't hurt the plant at all and speeds up cloning time as well.

Went to check on my plants just now and opened the closet door to find, curled up on top of my seedling grow box was a 3 foot long snake! Its head was stuck down one of the air holes in the top of my topiary and it was slithering down, down, down into where all my seedlings and clones are!

Je-zus fuck! I frigging hate freakin' snakes! And we have a ton of them living on our property. None of the neighbours have them, but we're infested. Seriously, there are thousands of them living under the trailer we live in, and they are always getting inside. Ginette, of course, just screams when she comes across them and hollars for me to get rid of it/them. And so I do. Actually, I take great pleasure opening the window in the winter and throwing them out to the snow. Sometimes I find them, frozen, the next day. Sometimes they're gone. The dogs have learned not to bite them because biting them always makes the dogs puke. Some kind of natural defense thing that these snakes have. And man, do they every stink! Can't even describe it well, but they smell kind of sour, like really bad milk that has turned but kind of spicy, too, in a very bad way. I have to wash my hands every time I pick one up (at least once every two days) because otherwise my hands stink like the snake I'm trying to kill. I used to try to take them outside and chop their little heads off, but our axe is too dull for that and the results were too terrible to describe. Seriously.

Anyway, a friggin' snake had crawled up the draws to my closet and then up the side of the seedling chamber and then was crawling down into my plants. Damn. Scared the shit out of me, to be truthful. Didn't expect to find one in there. I guess I'll have to be careful when I take my tent down to clean it after my current indoor grow is over. There might be one or two in there already.

Thought you all would enjoy that little story.

I'm sorry I didn't get a pic, but to be truthful I reacted so quickly and had thrown the snake out so quickly that I only realized afterwareds that I should have taken a pic for you all.

And yes, it was a non poisonous snake. No rattlers up here, though they do have them in the southern part of the province.

Damn mag that is crazy! I fking hate snakes!! Lol. If I saw one in my tent I'd prolly have a jammer.

good thing that fucker wasn't slithering all over your plants and crushing them. Better watch out! I can't believe you have to deal with snakes in Alberta lol another reason to get the hell out of there! come move out to BC, you can live in Kelowna or somewhere there for cheap and absolutely gorgeous

Damn mag that is crazy! I fking hate snakes!! Lol. If I saw one in my tent I'd prolly have a jammer.

good thing that fucker wasn't slithering all over your plants and crushing them. Better watch out! I can't believe you have to deal with snakes in Alberta lol another reason to get the hell out of there! come move out to BC, you can live in Kelowna or somewhere there for cheap and absolutely gorgeous

Yeah, Kush, that's what I was thinking myself. It was certainly big enough to destroy my plants, that's for sure. But just the gross out factor was enough to creep me out. I frigging hate snakes, I have to deal with them on an almost daily basis, especiallhy in spring when they start to move around again after they've been in hibernation. Do snakes even hibernate? I have no idea, actually.

For everyone:

The babies are growing well, mostly. A couple of the seeds are taking their friggin' time about growing much. Don't know why. The temperatures in that closet are well enough, and they've got enough water to keep them germinating. Don't know why they're so slow to start. But I'm not worried. If there's anything that my current grow is teaching me its that if they need extra time vegging, then they'll need extra time. Mind you, on an outside grow, you don't have as much latitude for things to not grow on time. But I still have confidence. And certainly there are numerous seeds and clones that are doing just fine, thank you.

My AK47 is just growing to town! Doing beautifully. And so are a couple of my Critical Mass are doing just as well, almost. Man, I'm so excited about this grow you have no idea. I know I don't have the money for all the nutrients and supplements that I would need to really send out those seedlings in style, but that's the case and I can't do anything about it, right? Next year. Next year. Next year. But for this year, I@m doing all I can. I think the manure will help a lot.

I picked up some SUPERNATURAL BRAND GRO TERRA food for soil grows. Apparently it's the good stuff for soil grows. Cannot get Happy Frog products here in Canada, unfortunately. I don't know if you can read the nutrient info on the label or not, but I tried to get a pic of it. Je-zus I need a macro lens...

DSC_94271.JPG

DSC_94281.JPG

I still have to purchase the Bloom and the Bud packages of food for the grow, but this was all I could afford this week because I had to purchase Micro and Bloom for my indoor grow which is currently happening in my back bedroom (link is below). We're now in week 3 of flowering in that grow. And exciting stuff it is!!!

So that's that. The update for this morning. When the babies wake up maybe I'll take some more shots. Depends on how the day shapes up, I suppose.

Best Buds Magnus8 and friends !! Forgive me for being a slow reader,:nomo: I'm at page one ! See you when I catch up but that could be a while !!! Peace:peacetwo:

Best Buds Magnus8 and friends !! Forgive me for being a slow reader,:nomo: I'm at page one ! See you when I catch up but that could be a while !!! Peace:peacetwo:

Hey Walleye,

Nice to see you show up here! Starting at page one? You'll have no problem catching up. It's only 3 pages and a ton of pics, too. Looking forward to your contributions and having you hang out with the rest of us!

Just a tip mag, when taking clones make sure to cut the bigger fan leaves in half. This will concentrate on root development instead of keeping a couple of big fan leaves alive. It won't hurt the plant at all and speeds up cloning time as well.

It fascinates me that people do this. I clone, using the technique I learned from lembatoast. Take a cutting, prepare it, without cutting any leaves, and drop it into a plastic grocery bag. Fill the bag like a balloon and close it up. Open it every three days to check for roots, add more water if necessary, and refresh the air. Within two weeks you have roots. It's almost a guarantee. It's such a sure-fire method that I only take one cutting at a time.

There is no reason to abuse the leaves of the cutting. Rethink your methods and consult with the master to see how cloning it done.

Sorry guys, lembatoast is a genius. His cloning technique is so good it's almost spooky. Magnus, before you do any cloning, check out TOAST. I'm going back to my buzz. Dr Ziggy turned me onto a drying technique done in the refrigerator, of all places. I'm testing the product tonight and Damn! I may start drying all my harvests like this.

TOAST's cloning technique. I blogged it.

TOAST Teaches Cloning

You're welcome. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Back
Top Bottom