Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

I just bought 1 litre of apricot seed oil, 1 litre of pumpkin seed oil and 1 litre of Neem oil. I'm going to make to make some pain cream but I'm also going to see if I can create a mosquito repellent with the Neem oil and some essential oils like citronella.

I bought it from the supplier that Magnus didn't recommend because the one he did recommend was sold out of Neem oil and the shipping was a little cheaper at Saffire, too.
Hi HG,

Well, I hope that berm oil doesn’t become a people repellant for you, too. The stuff stinks! I don’t know how well the scent will work in a topical for you with the essential oils. When I make dog soap I use quite a bit of been oil and citronella both in my concoction - so you’re on the right track!

Check back in and let us know how that berm oil works out. It hardens when it gets a bit cool so don’t worry if that happens. It’s still good. Also is one of the primary ingredients in a homage safe and non toxic pest murderer. Kills spider mites like there’s no tomorrow. And kills ticks and fleas lickety split. Good stuff. I’m not sure if it will function as a repellant. In my soap making experience it kills and maybe wards off fleas and ticks, but it’s really the citronella oil that wards off evil mosquitoes as well as fleas and ticks.

I’m sorry for rambling.

All my best,
~Magnus

I find that people on 420 often want a good pain cream recipe and rather than copying and pasting my Word document of my master recipe into every post, I decided to post it here, bookmark it and then link to it whenever asked. I know it's more complicated than some people's but it works for me and a few friends, too so I like it.

HashGirl's Master Canna-Infused Pain Cream Recipe

Ingredients (Weigh all ingredients):
  • 28 grams of beeswax to a max of 34.8g
  • 22 grams of shea butter (max) or 14 grams of cocoa butter (max)
  • 10 grams of decarbed cannabis (I use a strain with 12% THC and 4% CBD.)
  • 174 grams cannabis-infused carrier oil (I use pumpkin seed oil or apricot kernel oil)
  • 100 grams of uninfused carrier oil
  • 20 drops of any essential oil you’re using, e.g. tea tree oil, peppermint, etc.
*peppermint oil and cocoa butter go well together

Instructions:

• Decarb cannabis in the oven at 240F for 60 minutes.
  • Add 174g of the carrier oil to mini crockpot and decarbed cannabis. Stir off and on over 3 hours.
  • When the infusion is done, strain the plant material and then add 100 grams of uninfused carrier oil, the beeswax and shea butter (or cocoa butter).
  • Once it has melted, move to the fridge or freezer to see how well it sets.
  • If it’s too runny, re-melt it and add more beeswax (but be careful and only add 1 gram at a time as too much beeswax can hinder absorption); adding more butter is another possibility but with it, you have to be careful it doesn’t get too greasy.
  • It gets easier the more often you make it.

I find that people on 420 often want a good pain cream recipe and rather than copying and pasting my Word document of my master recipe into every post, I decided to post it here, bookmark it and then link to it whenever asked. I know it's more complicated than some people's but it works for me and a few friends, too so I like it.

• 174 grams cannabis-infused carrier oil (I use pumpkin seed oil or apricot kernel oil)
  • 20 drops of any essential oil you’re using, e.g. tea tree oil, peppermint, etc.

Instructions:

• Add 174g of the carrier oil to mini crockpot and decarbed cannabis. Stir off and on over 3 hours.
  • When the infusion is done, strain the plant material and then add 100 grams of uninfused carrier oil, the beeswax and shea butter (or cocoa butter).
  • If it’s too runny, re-melt it and add more beeswax (but be careful and only add 1 gram at a time as too much beeswax can hinder absorption); adding more butter is another possibility but with it, you have to be careful it doesn’t get too greasy.
Ever add alcohol to any of your creams or lotions ?

I was trying to make pain lotion with grapeseed oil & it wasn't working
The other day I got an :idea: to just add some of my Mj infused alcohol to a store bought lotion
When I rubbed it on I got pain relief with in 5-10 min
I am sure the alcohol opened my pores to allow the thc to enter my skin & the lotion trapped it like plastic wrap

:passitleft:

Interesting. What kind of alcohol did you use and how much?

Interesting. What kind of alcohol did you use and how much?
Isopropanol At first I just tried a few mils in about 6 pumps of lotion
later I filled 100 gram tube & put about 12 mils in (Edit thought it was a 100 mil syringe)
as far as strength the infusion was pretty strong but have no idea of how much thc was in it
regardless it will still depend on much you put on
I will have to do some more tests with measured amounts by adding thick oil back into a measured amount of alcohol than adding that to the lotion

I just know, it Worked for me

a store bought lotion
Keep in mind that store-bought lotions are designed to remain on top of the skin to seal in moisture. We're looking for maximum absorption so imagine how well your alcohol mix might work with just infused grape seed or pumpkin seed oil!

As the thread starter Magnus8 said:
I'd like to reiterate here that one should not use coconut oil in their topical formulations with canna. The coconut oil works as a barrier preventing the absorption of the cannabinoids into the skin system.
Anything you add to the oil that prevents absorption will block the THC from getting into the skin.

Keep in mind that store-bought lotions are designed to remain on top of the skin to seal in moisture.
The lotion I used said it absorbs instantly although it was fast by itself but with the alcohol
Keep in mind that store-bought lotions are designed to remain on top of the skin to seal in moisture. We're looking for maximum absorption so imagine how well your alcohol mix might work with just infused grape seed or pumpkin seed oil!

As the thread starter Magnus8 said:

Anything you add to the oil that prevents absorption will block the THC from getting into the skin.
Sure the store bought lotions are designed to seal in moisture but the alcohol is opening the pores , allowing the cannabinoids to enter, than the lotion traps & seals the cannabinoids in the pores
I'm sure the creams made with Grapeseed ,bees wax or coconut oils would work better with a bit of alcohol
My adding alcohol aids in adsorption

I may get shredded over this....but.....has anyone made a mixture of half n half Voltarin or some similar product with their own recipe???

I wouldn't do this but that's mainly because my pain cream works well enough on its own. You could do an experiment and mix a canna topical with Voltarin to see if it's more effective.

Instructions:

Thank you @HashGirl for the recipe, these guys are just into harvest and you got them stirring . I hadn’t had a bike it over 12 years and was in the Marable Falls ride when my phone kept knocking my music off so I stopped to see what happened and they were already shopping for the products to make there own pain cream . I’ll let y’all know soon how it is and thank you again these guys need this to keep them busy .

Back
Top Bottom