Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Hi All. Yes, just to address what I'd hoped would be just a passing note but has turned into so much more...

I think I might be more worried about the Suboxin and the difficulty people have with getting off of it if that were even my plan -- to someday wean off of it. But I think I am being mis heard here. I don't think I will ever come off of opiates. Not because they are so addicting or because I think it will be too gruelling to come off of them or any such reasoning as that. Rather, I doubt that I will ever come off of opiates simply because there is no other pain killer that can make the pain manageable like the opiates. And if, after 7 years of use I have so far never had any inclination to abuse either my Fentanyl patch nor my Tylenol 4s, I figure I must be in pretty safe territory when it comes to addiction. Of course, I am addicted to my Fentanyl on the level that I have maintained a constant very high dosage of this patch in my system for over 7 years now, but I am in no way at all addicted to my T4s because I rarely use them.

But this all attests to the fact that I'm not frightened at all of the Suboxin. I think a healthy respect is a more appropriate reaction to have towards a medication rather than one of fear. It seems to me that if we are afraid of the medications then that is coming at it from the wrong place. Rather, if you have a healthy respect for the medication then you have a better chance of working with the medication rather than constantly being at odds with it.

Anyway, this isn't an underhanded way to bash SweetSue. I just think we have different concepts of what I experience and I doubt I can convey it any better than to say that the wife-bot woke in the middle of the night to the sound of my screams. She jumped out of bed and ran toward the sounds of the screaming. When she found me I was on my hands and knees on the floor, completely screaming my fool head off, fat tears streaming down my face as I continued to sleep, despite the pain and because I am so damned exhausted.

Now, that is NOT your everyday garden variety sore back now, is it? I just don't think that cannabis's healing aura is going to meet that kind of pain head on, right?

Everyone means well, I know that.

But not everyone experiences the same levels of pain.

Trust me in this.

All my Best,
Magnus

Hi HG,

Yes my original plan had been to us weed to take away the pain. Yeah, right. It reduces some of it but certainly nowhere near all of it. My prescription for cannabis is now sitting at 6 grams/day and I use most of that to produce pain-numbing back oil and oils as edibles for that long-lasting high that helps so much. But how do you REALLY spell relief? FENTANYL!!! NOTHING -- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GETS AT THE PAIN LIKE THE FENTANYL.

You know... nature didn't just gift us with the pain relief from cannabis, but we were gifted with the ability to craft excellent pain relief substances naturally occurring in the world from naturally occurring opiates that are part of this living web on earth. It is time we recognize opiates as a gift from above than to constantly vilify them. NOT everyone who uses opiates is a drug addict and some bodies require these proven effective pain relief meds above all other pain meds because of their need to dispel of so very much pain they deal with on a daily basis.

Anyway the weed reduces only the smallest amount pain to a manageable level. Mind you, any amount of reduction in the amount of pain I feel is a good thing.

So I was referred by my pain clinic to another older pain clinic because, so my doctor says, he wants me on a new med called Suboxin. Suboxin is an opiate that apparently has less invasive side effects than Fentanyl. For example the Fentanyl gives me such bad dry mouth that I have to take a supplementary med to combat that particular problem. With the Suboxin I shouldn't even have this problem so that I can just get up and going on my day. But apparently the Suboxin is superior to Fentanyl in numerous ways.

The problem is that I must detox for 36 hours and then wait another 30 days before I can begin taking the Suboxin. Then it will take up to 30 days to get the dosage right and to begin feeling pain relief. Then if the medicine doesn't work then i will have to wait for all the Suboxin to leave my system before trying another medication -- which could take up to three months.

It sounds gruelling and to be honest, I'm not sure if I want to go without any kind of pain relief for approximately 4 freaking months, right?

Oh well. We do what we must, and pay when we can.

So until Then, I remain
Magnus 8 Woods.
Suboxin is real hard to get off, you'll think your dying getting off it. Son has been there. NOT GOOD STUFF... and I finally found the end, great read thanks to all.

Hi All. Yes, just to address what I'd hoped would be just a passing note but has turned into so much more...

I think I might be more worried about the Suboxin and the difficulty people have with getting off of it if that were even my plan -- to someday wean off of it. But I think I am being mis heard here. I don't think I will ever come off of opiates. Not because they are so addicting or because I think it will be too gruelling to come off of them or any such reasoning as that. Rather, I doubt that I will ever come off of opiates simply because there is no other pain killer that can make the pain manageable like the opiates. And if, after 7 years of use I have so far never had any inclination to abuse either my Fentanyl patch nor my Tylenol 4s, I figure I must be in pretty safe territory when it comes to addiction. Of course, I am addicted to my Fentanyl on the level that I have maintained a constant very high dosage of this patch in my system for over 7 years now, but I am in no way at all addicted to my T4s because I rarely use them.

But this all attests to the fact that I'm not frightened at all of the Suboxin. I think a healthy respect is a more appropriate reaction to have towards a medication rather than one of fear. It seems to me that if we are afraid of the medications then that is coming at it from the wrong place. Rather, if you have a healthy respect for the medication then you have a better chance of working with the medication rather than constantly being at odds with it.

Anyway, this isn't an underhanded way to bash SweetSue. I just think we have different concepts of what I experience and I doubt I can convey it any better than to say that the wife-bot woke in the middle of the night to the sound of my screams. She jumped out of bed and ran toward the sounds of the screaming. When she found me I was on my hands and knees on the floor, completely screaming my fool head off, fat tears streaming down my face as I continued to sleep, despite the pain and because I am so damned exhausted.

Now, that is NOT your everyday garden variety sore back now, is it? I just don't think that cannabis's healing aura is going to meet that kind of pain head on, right?

Everyone means well, I know that.

But not everyone experiences the same levels of pain.

Trust me in this.

All my Best,
Magnus

Magnus, I don’t think anyone considered you were talking against me or what I suggest. We have different viewpoints, and this forum tolerates those differences with respect.

Be cautious of the Suboxone. The industry has a spotty track record for truthfulness and integrity. Our only concern is for your relief.

I need to read thru this to find out which lotion would work best.
You will find some polite disagreement on lotions vs oils vs butter for pain relief. Magnus' feeling (which I have found to be accurate) is that any solidifiers (beeswax, soy wax, shea butter, etc.) have the ultimate effect of lowering the absorption of cannabinoids into the skin. It makes logical sense to me, and I have found that my oil/beeswax salve provides less pain relief (and stains clothes more readily) than the straight oil which is quickly absorbed.

So I use just infused oil for pain. I use the salve for other things where I want a layer of something to stay on the skin, like for dry patches or welts.

Back
Top Bottom