Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Hi Magnus. Nice to see you again. Sorry you had a crappy Christmas. :hug:

There are quite a few edible threads here on 420. I found some to share with you. And, some like Bonsai(weed), may he rest in peace and Canna Montana who isn't here on 420 anymore (that I know of) but there are probably still familiar names of posters so you could PM them with your idea, which I think is a great idea! You might also like to get @SweetSue 's advice or @Amy Gardner 's.

Here are the links to the edible threads I know of:

Cooking With Cannabis

Edible Recipes, Infusion Recipes

Canna's Cooking With Cannabis

Best of luck.

:circle-of-love:

Check your PMs Magnus. :hug:

Hi everyone!

Yes, yes, I know it has been a while. It's been a terrifically difficult year for me and I've mostly been a social recluse as I've tried to cope with my 3 beloved dogs dying and my wife leaving me, citing my many medical issues as being too much for her to cope with.

But spring is almost here and I feel a twinge of hope for my life these past few days.

I started an indoor grow recently and just today posted my first grow journal thread.

I'd like to extend an invitation to you all, but especially to Hashgirl, to come and follow my grow to its completion. If you arent into grow journals, i understand, but if you do enjoy them (especially if you enjoy participating in them) then i would love nothing more than to have you all slong for the ride!

So to that end, i give you the link to my new grow journal:

See you all there!

All my best,
~Magnus

Hi everyone.

Hope all is well with y'all.

Yesterday I was diagnosed with fybromyalgia. Does anyone making infused oil here do it for this disease? If so, can you please tell me whether or not your oil has been effective in relieving the pain?

I have been out of weed for some time now and have no oil left. I've got a 4 plant grow just 3 weeks old and I was thinking maybe I'd infuse some oils in an attempt to deal with this new pain located in several points of my body.

I guess I'm just looking for a ray of sunshine here today.

Keep well, everyone.

All my best,
~Magnus

High Magnus - Shed gave me a heads up about this message so thought I’d share my anecdotes.

I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome so fibromyalgia is an aspect of what I manage, and yes my oils are really super helpful. I dose under the tongue, with edibles, with topicals and also vaping or smoking - depending on the day.

My topical oil helps w burning muscle sensations and some joint ache. I am experimenting with including CBD in it and the results are promising. I feel like the CBD gives a muscle relaxing effect that the THC does not so while the THC only oil works well, the oil with CBD works better - more completely, if that makes sense. I have to reapply the topical every couple of hours.

I dont put antythign else, just infused oil (pumpkin seed, grapeseed & apricot are my prefs) and sometimes some essential oils like lavender (for anti-inflammatory, astringent and relaxing properties) or rosemary for extra muscle relaxing properties. Peppermint is good too.

I also use the topical oil in the bath, as a bath oil alongside copious amounts of Epsom salts, and that is awesome too - that goes with a 3:winkyface:1 mix of lavender, orange and peppermint essential oils. I can be almost pain free for many hours after a soak in one of those baths :)

Dosing oil wise, a ratio of 1:1 CBD:THC is the silver bullet for pain. It gets written about as such all over the place and when I was first able to try it I found out why instantly. Happy days.

It varies how effective this all is due to varying levels of pain and fibromyalgia can vary a lot in intensity so I mix it up as needed, but I take a regular 1:1 dose under the tongue about 3-4 times a day (about 6-8mg of each, each time) and dose on top of that with edibles or tokes if needed, and use the topical as well.

I use a variety of alternatives if I need a break from the cannabis - or if there is breakthrough pain that the cannabis isn’t touching alone; a herbal blend called Nervagesic (which contains Californian poppy) is a very useful one. I also have a friend who gets relief w mushroom extract pan killers but I haven’t tried that myself.

Oh - and sugar is your enemy... that’s an aside that I can never leave out!
I am sure you will get relief using cannabis oils - they have completely changed my days. :) :Namaste:

Plus - I wanted to say, that it is totally fucked to have it and I’m sorry you have it to deal with. It’s no fun at all and I especially feel for you that your relationship hasn’t survived it. This is an all too familiar story and I count my blessings daily to have the partner that I do. I have lost nearly every other close ‘friendship’ I had before my condition progressed and my capacity deteriorated though, so I understand, to some extent, the pain of losing loved ones when (and kinda because) your health deteriorates. It has probably been harder to come to terms with that than with the illness itself. So my heart to yours on that :love:

High Magnus - Shed gave me a heads up about this message so thought I’d share my anecdotes.

I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome so fibromyalgia is an aspect of what I manage, and yes my oils are really super helpful. I dose under the tongue, with edibles, with topicals and also vaping or smoking - depending on the day.

My topical oil helps w burning muscle sensations and some joint ache. I am experimenting with including CBD in it and the results are promising. I feel like the CBD gives a muscle relaxing effect that the THC does not so while the THC only oil works well, the oil with CBD works better - more completely, if that makes sense. I have to reapply the topical every couple of hours.

I dont put antythign else, just infused oil (pumpkin seed, grapeseed & apricot are my prefs) and sometimes some essential oils like lavender (for anti-inflammatory, astringent and relaxing properties) or rosemary for extra muscle relaxing properties. Peppermint is good too.

I also use the topical oil in the bath, as a bath oil alongside copious amounts of Epsom salts, and that is awesome too - that goes with a 3:winkyface:1 mix of lavender, orange and peppermint essential oils. I can be almost pain free for many hours after a soak in one of those baths :)

Dosing oil wise, a ratio of 1:1 CBD:THC is the silver bullet for pain. It gets written about as such all over the place and when I was first able to try it I found out why instantly. Happy days.

It varies how effective this all is due to varying levels of pain and fibromyalgia can vary a lot in intensity so I mix it up as needed, but I take a regular 1:1 dose under the tongue about 3-4 times a day (about 6-8mg of each, each time) and dose on top of that with edibles or tokes if needed, and use the topical as well.

I use a variety of alternatives if I need a break from the cannabis - or if there is breakthrough pain that the cannabis isn’t touching alone; a herbal blend called Nervagesic (which contains Californian poppy) is a very useful one. I also have a friend who gets relief w mushroom extract pan killers but I haven’t tried that myself.

Oh - and sugar is your enemy... that’s an aside that I can never leave out!
I am sure you will get relief using cannabis oils - they have completely changed my days. :) :Namaste:
I can throw Preston's on that list too!

Hi Magnus. Nice to see you again. Sorry you had a crappy Christmas. :hug:

There are quite a few edible threads here on 420. I found some to share with you. And, some like Bonsai(weed), may he rest in peace and Canna Montana who isn't here on 420 anymore (that I know of) but there are probably still familiar names of posters so you could PM them with your idea, which I think is a great idea! You might also like to get @SweetSue 's advice or @Amy Gardner 's.

Here are the links to the edible threads I know of:

Cooking With Cannabis

Edible Recipes, Infusion Recipes

Canna's Cooking With Cannabis

Best of luck.

:circle-of-love:
Hi Magnus, Sweet Sue has a great easy write up of infused chocolates we made when she was up here last year. I'll try and get that to you. :thumb:

Hi all.

I am SO sorry for not having responded to your posts but I never received any notification that they had been posted. I am very sorry not to have thanked you all for your kindnesses.

Especially you, Amy. Thank you for your generosity in explaining how the oils work for you. I deeply appreciate it and look forward to having a harvest large enough to produce some oils this year.

All my best,
~Magnus

Plus - I wanted to say, that it is totally fucked to have it and I’m sorry you have it to deal with. It’s no fun at all and I especially feel for you that your relationship hasn’t survived it. This is an all too familiar story and I count my blessings daily to have the partner that I do. I have lost nearly every other close ‘friendship’ I had before my condition progressed and my capacity deteriorated though, so I understand, to some extent, the pain of losing loved ones when (and kinda because) your health deteriorates. It has probably been harder to come to terms with that than with the illness itself. So my heart to yours on that :love:
Thanks Amy.

For understanding.

I am going to try to revitalize this thread. I had originally thought several years ago that it would carry on without me since there were so many capable people involved but apparently not.

So I dont know if it is possible to revitalize this thread but I'm going to see what I can do.

Please everyone...welcome back - old and new.

All my best,
~Mzgnus

So what is the best way to infuse oils with cannabis?

Most of you probably know this, but the rule of thumb is:

Start Low. Go Slow.

So begin with your methodology. Use a frock pot to heat your oils and to foster your infusion.

First of all decarb your weed at 240° F for 27 - 30 minutes. No longer or your thc will begin to degrade. No need to break it all up yet. You can grind it before adding to your oil.

Add your cannabis either wrapped in a cheesecloth bundle or loose that you will strain out later. Either way works.

Turn the crock pot on LOW.

Leave it sit for approximately 24 hours but stir occasionally.

After cooling slightly remove the Canna bundle or strain the oil through a fine mesh screen.

Voila! Your canna oil.

This recipe can be used to make topical oil OR oil you would injest. Just make sure your particular oil is edible before you consume it. Not all oils are edible...

Hope this helps some.

All my best,
~Magnus.

Hello 420.

I was just wondering if anyone was still following this thread at all. Maybe enough info was given and discovered throughout the time of this thread that maybe we dont need any more posts on this thread.

But I wanted everyone to know that I am still following this thread and so if anyone is looking for some helpful advice I'll try my shot at it as long as you can post here.

All my best
~Magnus

I am here.:passitleft:
That's great news, Smokey.

I just feel like I've got some time on my hands lately and I want to give back to the community. I dont know enough about nutes and plants and such to give much advice in the grow journals. I try to welcome any newcomers I come across. But it just doesnt feel like enough.

So I'm trying to give back by trying to see if I can rejuvenate this thread. Surely there are other newer members who might need some direction in producing their oils and so I'm trying to be that touchpoints for anyone wanting to know anything about tropicals.

So that's what I'm trying to do here. Just to be a good member of a good community.

All my best,
~Magnus

:thumb: Hi Magnus, my pumpkin tropical just keeps on working just fine. Thanks again for the knowledge.:thanks:
That's great to hear, Dynamo!

Isnt that pumpkin seed oil just perfect for absorbing the cannabinoids? I keep advocating for its use but many didnt take my advice. I keep thinking that if they would just try it they would be absolutely hooked.

Dud you know that pumpkin seed oil has a sunblock built right in? The rate at which it blocks the sun's Ray's depends upon many things like growing conditions and handling conditions but I have made sunblock with this oil by producing lotion with only this oil. Absorbs beautiful. No greasy feeling. Great blocking action. Those two summers we used my sunblock we never burned once. I've actually been thinking of adding that sunblock lotion to my lineup of products that I sell at markets and on Etsy.

But it's great to hear you reply, Dynamo. Glad you are still around.

All my best,
Magnus

Back
Top Bottom