Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Wow. Cool. Learn sumthin' new everyday....

Foot in mouth.
Take your foot out of your mouth lazyfish! Isopropyl alcohol is definitely absorbed into the skin and should not be used over a large area.
Someone had mentioned or posted it, but I looked it up and watched the video.
That was me and that's what started this conversation!
On the alcohol subject... I have itchy scalp. I have been using coconut oil infused with cannabis and it stops the itching. But i can only use it at night and then I have to wash that oil out of my hair.
If I infused into alcohol, I could apply to my scalp and the alcohol should evaporate pretty fast and not leave oil in my hair.
Would the alcohol irritate my scalp?
Might dry it out some and make it more itchy.
This ^^.

On the alcohol subject... I have itchy scalp. I have been using coconut oil infused with cannabis and it stops the itching. But i can only use it at night and then I have to wash that oil out of my hair.
If I infused into alcohol, I could apply to my scalp and the alcohol should evaporate pretty fast and not leave oil in my hair.

only one way to find out,, but need not be an iso alc tincture,, i make my tinctures with 40 vodka. iso alc can really dry the skin,, and you might set yer hair on fire,,

The coconut oil as a carrier was your friend Diggler. Coconut oil is a 12-carbon chain, and if you have scalp psoriasis it’s the carrier oil that won’t adversely effect the dryness. Oils with more than 12 carbon molecules will cause the skin to become more compromised.

The health of the skin is directly related to the health of your liver and the relative health of your gut. Stress exacerbates skin issues due to its debilitating effect on both the liver and the gut.

Your best bet may be to keep applying the infused coconut oil and wash out every morning. It’s not a tack I’m personally willing to take, because it treats the symptom without doing anything to heal the root cause. All the washing that has to happen to get the hair clean is another reason I avoid this approach.

Alcohol dries the skin. @nivek, I can see how the alcohol tinctures may help with faster absorption but they rob the skin of valuable hydration, which puts you at other risk. Although I might not discontinue the practice I’d certainly make sure I used some salve made with either soy wax or beeswax.

I’ve stopped using beeswax altogether, replacing it with soy wax. I find it absorbs better and no one's likely to have an allergic reaction.

The coconut oil as a carrier was your friend Diggler. Coconut oil is a 12-carbon chain, and if you have scalp psoriasis it’s the carrier oil that won’t adversely effect the dryness. Oils with more than 12 carbon molecules will cause the skin to become more compromised.

The health of the skin is directly related to the health of your liver and the relative health of your gut. Stress exacerbates skin issues due to its debilitating effect on both the liver and the gut.

Your best bet may be to keep applying the infused coconut oil and wash out every morning. It’s not a tack I’m personally willing to take, because it treats the symptom without doing anything to heal the root cause. All the washing that has to happen to get the hair clean is another reason I avoid this approach.

Alcohol dries the skin. @nivek, I can see how the alcohol tinctures may help with faster absorption but they rob the skin of valuable hydration, which puts you at other risk. Although I might not discontinue the practice I’d certainly make sure I used some salve made with either soy wax or beeswax.

I’ve stopped using beeswax altogether, replacing it with soy wax. I find it absorbs better and no ones likely to have an allergic reaction.
Hey Sue,
Thanks for the info and I remembered the 12 carbon rule from another thread of yours. I have been careful to keep the grape seed salve separate from my coconut oil salve.
On the liver being related to skin. It’s interesting that you brought that up. I use to drink a lot of Beer. Three years ago I had a routine blood work and the dr told me my liver enzyme numbers were high. I realized that alcohol was very hard on my body and killing me fast. I stopped drinking 3 years ago and have not touched it since. I do not take any pharmaceutical meds or over the counter meds except for Prilosec for heartburn. My liver may still be healing and that would explain the dry skin that I have been dealing with.
I do use cannabis daily for add. I really prefer sativa to keep me focused during the day and I will occasionally consume an indica, when I aggravate my herniated disk in my lower back.
I have my free blood work coming up this month and will review my results. I do know that that, during the first two years of no alcohol or prescription drugs, my blood results were headed back in the right direction.
My understanding on healing my liver is to avoid alcohol, Tylenol or other toxins. I will continue this.
I will say that using the coconut oil with infused cannibas has caused the dry patches on my hands to vanish. It does give instant relief to my scalp or the nap of my neck and hair line. It will come back though and must be related to my past liver abuse.
Long response to get to a big Thank you! I appreciate you replying and pointing this out. I never thought that they could be related and it makes totally sense.

Hey Diggler, something you said triggered a google search...about liver function and Prilosec. I don't know how often you take it or anything but I did find some research that Prilosec may not be that great for the liver:
Blocking stomach acid may promote chronic liver disease
and
Common Acid Reflux Medications Promote Chronic Liver Disease

I have no idea if either of these apply to you and don't want to be alarmist, but if any of these ring true you might want to mention it at your blood-work appointment.

Sorry to play amateur doctor :oops: but I thought I'd mention it. I hope your numbers come back spot-on!

:Namaste:

Thank you for that Shed. :hug: The daughter has fatty liver disease and has been taking Prilosec for the past 5+ years by her doctor's prescription.

I've encouraged her to research, one of her joys, and also to be more attentive to her diet and her fasting plan. She's discovered that when she adheres to the time-restricted eating plan she has little if any discomfort from the liver disease. When she ignores her impulses to make wiser choices she lives with constant pain.

*sigh* I raised her to be a good patient too, just like her father.

Hey Diggler, something you said triggered a google search...about liver function and Prilosec. I don't know how often you take it or anything but I did find some research that Prilosec may not be that great for the liver:
Blocking stomach acid may promote chronic liver disease
and
Common Acid Reflux Medications Promote Chronic Liver Disease

I have no idea if either of these apply to you and don't want to be alarmist, but if any of these ring true you might want to mention it at your blood-work appointment.

Sorry to play amateur doctor :oops: but I thought I'd mention it. I hope your numbers come back spot-on!

:Namaste:
I have been taking Prilosec or similar acid reflux meds for 20 years. I will definitely bring this up. I have a hiatal hernia and take it to avoid surgery. Thanks for pointing this out and I will research this asap. And really appreciate the input.

I posted a question on 420Magazine and AngryBird refered me to this post. Wow, read through all the pages and a lot of good information.

I have been using Emu oil in the past for salves since it is often used alone for pain. But after reading this entire post, I would like to try a mixture of pumpkin seed oil and grape seed oil based on Magnus8's posts. Would someone recommend the proportions of the two oils to use for best absorption through the skin?

I have made dry ice hash out of my trim by shaking the trim up in a bucket with dry ice to break off the trichomes and then sifted it through a 160 micron pollen bag (not sure the leaf material is of much use if I collect all of the trichomes). I would like to mix in the dry ice hash as it will have less odor and be repeatable for future mixtures since it is nearly 100% pure THC/CBD/Terpines. I have over 5 grams of the Harlequin hash which is nearly 100% pure and have decarbed it at 240F for 1 hour and 20 minutes (I have test data to support this is 100% decarbed). I also have about 10 grams that is not de-carbed made from predominately all THC strains. My decarbed hash is Harlequine which is 3:2 CBD:THC. My plan is to mix 2 ounces of Pumpkin/Grape seed oil with 290mg CBD, 115 mg THC and 150 mg THC-A. Maybe also mix 5% to 8% bees wax (?) but may leave out the bees wax.

In the past I have been trying to copy the effects of the best commercial salve I have found which is EMU Black Medicated Rub (one ounce has 120 mg CBD and 60 mg THC) but like the thoughts I have read on Pumpkin Seed and Grape Seed oils with some THC-A added).

Looking for relief for arthritis.

Best Way To Make A Healing Salve with Emu Oil

Back
Top Bottom