Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

So I think I am going to use the 8% bees wax in 16 fluid ounces of punkin oil. I'll be sure to take pics. I might go into the recipe with 5 or 6 % waz, just in case I might over do it with the 8%.

My question is: Is that 8% by volume or by weight?? so:

16 ozs. x 0.08 = 1.28 fluid ounces of wax? Do I melt it then measure it in a cup?

Cheers Folks,

Way to go on being smarter than me, lazyfish when making your first recipe! Being a cook and not a baker, I assumed it was by volume but I was wrong; it was by weight. It took me forever to get it to come together as a creamy substance but with Cannafan's and Magnus' help and a couple of weekends, it finally worked.

So in my long stoned way, I'm saying definitely by weight. :goodjob:

If someone else as already responded, I apologize. :peace:

Way to go on being smarter than me, lazyfish when making your first recipe! Being a cook and not a baker, I assumed it was by volume but I was wrong; it was by weight. It took me forever to get it to come together as a creamy substance but with Cannafan's and Magnus' help and a couple of weekends, it finally worked.

So in my long stoned way, I'm saying definitely by weight. :goodjob:

If someone else as already responded, I apologize. :peace:
Hahah! Well thanks for the clarification! I have not made the recipe, yet, but hopefully soon!

I've been getting a lot of muscle spasms (or cramps) in my feet and calves lately and am wondering if there's a magnesium oil that I could maybe add to my cream to help combat them? I think magnesium is supposed to be good for cramps?

Last night's cramp was the most painful in a long time. My toes curled completely under my foot and I couldn't stretch them out again so I had to lean down and with my hands literally uncurl them.

I rubbed canna cream all over the foot and it helped a little but the hard knot in the ball of my foot didn't completely untighten until after I got up this morning.

I already take 1000 mg of magnesium a day but it doesn't appear to help. I also get lots of potassium. I drink a lot of water during the day and stretch everyday. I just don't know what else to try.

I would leave the bee's wax out, My oil is mostly Infused pumpkin seed oil with a little manuka oil in it and it absorbs well. I tend to make very basic products, fills my needs and treats achey muscles and arthritis.:Namaste:
:high-five:
I'm with dynamo in the no-beeswax club.
:ciao:
Hi All. Looking for advice to get me-self going with an oil project. I have re-read most of this thread but want to start on the right foot.

So First back story:
I was getting my full spectrum salve from a local crafter. She no longer has quality oil for a THC salve. I already have 2 CBD salve she made with a harlequin CBD family plant. A 2 oz salve has 500mg CBD extract.
Here is the other ingredients in the pre-made salve:
Organic beeswax, organic coconut oil, organic raw shea butter, cannabidiol (CBD) extract, organic pure essential oi!s, Chamomile, St. John's Herbal Oi!, lavender, basil, peppermint and vitamin E oil.

So what I would like to do is take half or 1 oz of this CBD salve and mix it with a grape seed oil infusion with my cured zamaldelica sativa. A more liquid oil is fine for me.

Alright questions.
  1. I have no scale but plan about one 8oz pyrex measure cup filled with flowers. Will that give me a substantial about of post processed oil? I would like it to be about the same as in size as the CBD oil and have a 50/50 mix. I use just enough oil to cover the buds right?
  2. Is it ok to re heat and re mix the pre made salve? I dont see why not, I see you guys do it to strengthen your own mix.
In terms of equipment and technique.
  1. Gotta de-carb the bud, I have never done this before. Best way? oven bags? tin foil? foil grill bags? some kind of container? tips, tricks timing...220'degrees F for 110 min? Wifey is going to hate the smell of decarb.........
  2. I want a small slow cooker, I have storage area problems, no space. I see 1.5 quart ones. But i would be willing to get bigger if they are better. That mini 3 crock pot looked very cool {{ was Cannafan i think. }}

• Now i got to review the timing and recipes. I am leaning toward this one.
trouble quoting, hMMMM, Hmmm,
@Magnus8 said:
The second technique for infusing carrier oils with herbs:

This method takes the least amount of time, and barring preparation activity, will only take you between 5 - 6 or so hours.

In this method, you take your precious flowers or trim and add it to a crockpot or slowcooker (are they not the same thing? I'm not sure exactly.). Then you add your carrier oil to the pot, turn it on high. When the oil has reached a rather hot temperature you then turn the pot to low and leave it sit for 5 - 6 hours. You may also start out your pot on low but you will need to add another hour on to your total "cooking" time. Be sure to stir at least once every half an hour.

I love my experimenting:cool:
Any and all suggestions from any past experiences for a small batch of oil made with limited home equipment:thanks:

I am going to try to get started this week :Namaste:
Will have to see what my lazy bones gets going.

I have no scale
o_O
Will that give me a substantial about of post processed oil? I would like it to be about the same as in size as the CBD oil and have a 50/50 mix. I use just enough oil to cover the buds right?
There is truly no way to estimate the weight of your bud in a measuring cup. Can you build some sort of primitive balance beam based on the fact that 1 milliliter of water weighs 1 gram?
Is it ok to re heat and re mix the pre made salve?
Yes but keep the temps low so you just see it start melting.

Decarbing in a turkey bag will keep the smell away (I do 240ºF for 70 minutes) but nothing will keep it away from the infusing process. I do small batches in a jar in the oven at 175ºF. I mix the oil and the buds and then cover the jar with tin foil and punch a small hole in the top, and shake it every 30 minutes or so. I run it for 8 hours that way.

There is truly no way to estimate the weight of your bud in a measuring cup. Can you build some sort of primitive balance beam based on the fact that 1 milliliter of water weighs 1 gram?
far out, i like...... but will get a scale, might as well travel the elegant way.
And for wife's nose, have a pot simmer beside with water cinnamon, clover..
"Crimson and Clover" over and over.
:cool:
you guys rock.

gotta remember the over temperature checker too.

I have 3 of them for making infusions and one more to take my soup to work for my lunch. :love:

Like you, we live in a small 1000 square foot house with hardly any storage so small is important. :battingeyelashes:

Like you, we live in a small 1000 square foot house with hardly any storage so small is important. :battingeyelashes:

I have to be obsessive about it.

Anyone ever use the ardent decarb machine, funny the things you find when you look. They make some pretty big claims vs oven decarb. and oil infusion.
I do have enough topical left for now I plan on getting started on this end of the month. I might start off with the in the shed method for a small batch.
{{Gotta see how my stash holds out. Wifey is smoking up a storm}}:ganjamon::ganjamon:

I might could even try a slow method:
The first technique for infusing oil with herbs:

The first technique requires no additional heat than the sun provides. It is possibly the most un-intrusive, easy and least-damaging technique to those precious oils and that even more precious cargo they are addressed to carry into the body past the skin barrier. The problem is, it takes about 2 months to perform, and who has that kind of time (at least right away, for their first 2 or 3 efforts at infusing cannabis into oil).

First, you fill mason jars with cannabis. We will take as our standard unit of cannabis measurement to be about 1 ounce of good flowers or 1.5 ounces of good trim. You fill a large mason jar with this product. Then fill to the top of the jar the carrier oil you would like to infuse. Then cover with the mason jar's cover and twist tightly. This you then set upon a sunny windosill and, as you pass by each day, give it a good shake to mix the oil up. Let sit for up to 2 months. After 2 months, the infusion should be done. Voila! You have infused your oil with cannabis.

Back
Top Bottom