Magsters Indoor Grow Journal - Coco Peat - Not Sure What Strain This Is - 2018

Day 12 from the flip and still no sex :( and I have some really bad news. The lights are good but the plant decided to take over all the grow space and burn itself. I kind of LST'd it in multiple angles so that the colas won't get in contact with the bulbs but sure enough, the plant is growing more and more. At this point, I think I need to make another growbox and maybe use this small one for a SOG micro solo cup grow and use bag seeds again. yeah, i got infinite bag seeds. some are even 4-6 years old.

Another dilemma I have is should I wait for the sex to show up before making a bigger grow box or should I just make another one for a "unsure" sex plant? it would really be a nuisance if i make another box and the plant turns out to be a male. it's almost kind of hard to move in the apartment having 2 growbox. The first one i made turned into a cabinet. lol. I'll be posting some pics once I get home.

Lastly, something interesting that I wanted to confirm, I got into a 30 min talk to a childhood friend of mine and as luck would have it, he's a successful grower in the UK. He told me that it can take up to a point where the roots are a little bit root bound or once the roots take up all the grow space inside the soil before the plant shows it sex or starts producing its sex. Just wanted to know how true is this or what do you guys think? Because if so, I think I'm really f**k'd since I can see that the roots has not even used about 60-70% of the soil and she's already taking up all her space. I tried to super crop and failed but still, the plant is tied into different angles now which turned out to be a mini-LST-ish. I don't want any more growth :'(

I’d build another box, you know you will need it soon enough. I’ve heard that autos flower when the tap root hits bottom. I haven’t really heard that for photos.

I agree that if you make a bigger box you'll always need it. Or could you get your hands on a grow tent? That plant by the looks of it is going to get much taller before it's done. Like I would guess a minimum of triple its existing height even if it starts flowering soon.
That's not accounting for whatever measures you take to keep it low. And really there are many options that will allow you to control the height, so no need to panic. These include Lst, supercropping, pruning/chopping, and the ultimate height control - scrogging. In my experience any plant can be controlled with a scrog screen.
To lazy for scrolling back to find this info - how old is the plant now?
If it's under 12/12 and the box is lightproof then it should show sex as soon as it's mature.
Like PW I haven't heard or experienced that thing about the roots when growing photo plants. I have seen them be slow to sex when they're getting trained a lot. And some sativas (which is what yours appears to be) seem to take longer to sex than indicas. Most everything sexes by within seven weeks or so. I may have had a Honduras sativa take longer but I didn't count the weeks- I just know it took a long time.

Back
Top Bottom