Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

A local farm operation has seeds in the ground already. They're a big operation in our area!

HOME | bethsfarmmarket produce only. No cannabis, lol.

I'm at 41 degrees north, 1 town away from the ocean. Not sure what level Ontario is.

Wow, lol. That was way off. We're actually close to 44 degrees north. Sorry for the confusion. Cheers

Yes it does. Probably 5-10 degrees, and a lot less snow, than inland. Cheers

Hope everyone is keeping their sanity and health intact out there...I have been shitty about posting here, but as you can imagine...things are a little crazy :rofl: We are all healthy and doing our part to maintain social distancing...which, to be honest, is my preferred mode anyway. We have been getting the farm prepped for summer which means a lot of field and tractor work, getting early crops in, and generally addressing things I was avoiding when the wind and snow were blowing. We have expanded our personal garden this year...just in case. I still plan a summer cannabis grow, and am flirting with the idea of putting them in the field with corn and oats...probably hedge my bets like last year with a few in multiple locations.

For those of you out there in the medical community...I feel for you and I applaud you. I wouldn't do it for a zillion dollars, but I am glad there are those that do. Stay safe and remember the lessons learned from all of this.

Thought for the day: You can only bitch about the system if you actually went and voted. Otherwise, stfu.

:peace: :love:

Highya BH,

We're the same way about social distancing, lol. It's good to get out and get the garden ready, turning compost piles, and cleaning up the winter debris.

I used to be in the healthcare industry. A lot of us were very dedicated to our job because we working with people who needed our help. Made a big difference. Very rewarding for me, and a lot of those I took care of. And, yes, they deserve every accolade given them. My heart goes out to all the healthcare workers. Happy Smokin'

I have a question about kelp. Do you collect it in the shore? I presume you use a fair amount of it. I'm near the water and could harvest it on the beach and wonder how to process it properly.
I didn't see this earlier...yes, I collect seaweed. It's very slow to break down so you can sun dry it and use heavy duty scissors to cut it into pieces that can blend into the soil. If you have a chipper, then that is ideal (I don't).

Happy 4/2020...I've been slack here because the world is a little looney these days, even in my little slice of rural paradise. I've somewhat abandoned my winter/spring grow because I've had to redirect my limited time and energy. I plan on growing some summer monsters in my current pig pasture...but in the meantime I am fattening my pigs and will take them up in 2-3 weeks...then prepare the field, plant covers crops and a few stray monsters....stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom