Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Clouds like smoke rising
Distant rumble leaves no doubt
Summer storms roll by

All good here...just got one scared dog under the couch.

Went and got some great "photos" before the storm. Next time I'll remember to put in a data card....

Hard to believe it's almost September.

Busy, busy here on the coast of Maine. Still running full occupancy with visitors and trying to get farm prepped for the winter. Kids are remote learning and we are doing some cool projects with them. I lost a sticky fat Satori plant to rot...it came on fast and it was everywhere....sad but it happens. We've just started to have a few 40F degree nights and tonight is 38F with tomorrow projected at 36F. Pretty chilly for Sep but I am fairly confident the plants will be fine. Stay safe out there people. :peace:

Red creeps into green
Woods creak in the morning frost
First Fall then Winter

Highya BH,

Glad to hear you're very busy, and of good health! It is sad to lose a plant to the bud rot!!

My biggest fear is the bud rot weather! I'm using lactobacillus serum to dilute and spray on the buds a day before the humidity sets in. I've had a little botrytis, but not bad. I still have ladies outdoors that need at least to mid October before harvest. Happy Smokin'

Haven't seen much rot on plants and they are beginning to stink up the neighborhood. I mentioned this last year but we have neighbors that probably grow 20+ plants...every time we drive by their house my kids yell "SKUNK"and I just nod and say "Indeed" :rofl:

Dirt manure smoke sweat
City folk reconnecting
With humanity

My neighbor spends a small fortune on her grow, manicures them, waters every day (in the ground), and gets a nice haul. Very nice smell comes down here. I spend no money, and feed with compost tea, and I'm happy with my results. Much more laid back!! Happy Smokin'

Glad to hear that you too are having good weather for finishing as well! I've only had to cut off three small buds so far this year and I think I'm about 2 weeks from starting my harvests (Assuming mother nature is gracious enough to grant that much time to me).

Had my first ripper experience! Someone snagged 2 out of 3 of the remaining plants I had at the farm. Oddly, I'm more annoyed they harvested them too early more than anything! Not sure why they left the third either. All of it is a good learning curve for me, as I'll just finish them in the hard GH next year (with a locking door)...which is where the third one is now. Enough people know I grow, since I give it away to many people, but surprised somebody was ballsy enough to come on the property. My guess is kids, since most adults can grow and kids don't think they'd get shot for ripping plants. Still got 4 strong ones at the home GH and I locked that door today as well. Need to put in my calendar "lock doors" for next season. Live and learn. :peace:

Someone's going to get shot, unfortunately! That's the way it is up here. So sorry, BH!

most people around here have a dog. Great alarm.

One of the things I love about where I live is that people 1) raise/kill/forage for food and 2) know how to make it into something delicious and 3) often share with neighbors. We raise pigs and often drop a gift of pork chops or a loin with select neighbors (never bacon though...that is strictly family :love:). We have a neighbor who fishes and he dropped by some insanely delicious scallops. It's a great opportunity to talk to my kids about what things are "worth"....most people tend to focus on the dollar amount, while I've learned to look at the love and effort that goes into it. We all know that here when we share buds that have gotten a lot of our energies in their journey to a seasoned nug. Keep spreading the love if you can spare it.

Highya BH,

Oh, my! I love sushi, and I bet I'd love your scallop rolls even more!! They lood so good. We tried bacon wrapped, but I'm in love with the flavor of scallops and a little butter. Happy Smokin'

One of the things I love about where I live is that people 1) raise/kill/forage for food and 2) know how to make it into something delicious and 3) often share with neighbors. We raise pigs and often drop a gift of pork chops or a loin with select neighbors (never bacon though...that is strictly family :love:). We have a neighbor who fishes and he dropped by some insanely delicious scallops. It's a great opportunity to talk to my kids about what things are "worth"....most people tend to focus on the dollar amount, while I've learned to look at the love and effort that goes into it. We all know that here when we share buds that have gotten a lot of our energies in their journey to a seasoned nug. Keep spreading the love if you can spare it.

View media item 1797799
View media item 1797798Blew Hiller...yes and yes...we whip up some sushi whenever we score some fresh fish or seafood...mostly ahi...looks delicious. My wife loves to cook and preps nice to go extras for a couple neighbors that love her cooking. One way to stay connected without hanging together.
View media item 1797800

Back
Top Bottom