Mainline growing question

Smoke204

Hello fellow growers!

I have a question regarding mainline growing. I've done it before successfully on the last grow and got just over eight ounces from one plant.

My question is regarding the main stem. I was stress training and got distracted momentarily and applied to much pressure and caused the main stem to split. Immediately I taped it back together. Is that plant now prone to hermie or is there still time to recover? I plan on growing the plants for two more weeks before changing the light schedule to flower. Any advice is appreciated.

PS for what it's worth, I'm growing white widow.

Your major concern would be infection. This plant would not be more susceptible to becoming hermie more than any other plant because the stem was damages

The only "infection" other than mites,I have ever seen in plants is some kind of fungus or mold. And under normal growing with mid-level humidity, you should not see any of this. Although the split may never completely close up, supporting the split with tape or wire, and supporting heavy branches on both sides of the split should not overly-damage them.

I have split many a stem, and my plants went on to harvest just fine. :Namaste:

I had this girl split on me 4 weeks into flowering. I don't know exactly how long she was broken but after I supported her she went on to a full harvest.

20160331_072808.jpg
20160404_115440.jpg

Most plants will do just fine if it's not completely broken into two pieces. I also have one outside who's top got broken to the point where there was only a sliver of stem still attaching the top to the stem. I figured I'll let it go because worst case scenario she just got a rough topping and whatever shriveled up and died would later be removed. To my surprise the top has turned up and started to heal itself with a 90° bend.

Bottom line is these plants are very resilient and as long as you provide at least halfway decent care (sounds like you took care of the situation) they should bounce back.

Hope this helps :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom