Mainlining - Manifolding

ReggaeShark16

Hi all

I'm looking to try some new training techniques and I've come across Main-lining / Manifolding. I'm familiar with topping but this seems to be a whole different idea.

Has anyone used this method before and does anyone have any success stories? (that sounded very middle management didn't it "success stories" lol )

It seems great to keep the canopy even and produce many colas per plant. However it might add a week or so onto veg :/

thanks for your thoughts and suggestions in advance

shark

Hi all

I'm looking to try some new training techniques and I've come across Main-lining / Manifolding. I'm familiar with topping but this seems to be a whole different idea.

Has anyone used this method before and does anyone have any success stories? (that sounded very middle management didn't it "success stories" lol )

It seems great to keep the canopy even and produce many colas per plant. However it might add a week or so onto veg :/

thanks for your thoughts and suggestions in advance

shark
A lot of us refer to it as fluxing. If you go to the link in my signature, we have a crown royal plant being fluxed now. We also have some lst (low stress training) with strings, and we have a plant in a Scrogco scrog. Come on over. We will save you a spot. :bong:

Extreme mainlining (often called Flux here at 420mag) can be really successful, especially with small grow spaces. Take my first flux for example: I had 4ft ceiling and used a 400w MH/HPS light and yielded 5 ounces. That was with a lot of other issues, but it was a first grow. lol.

The down side is that it adds a LOT to the veg cycle to do it correctly. Mine vegged for about 4 1/2 months before flipping. There are a couple of threads that are dedicated to the art of Fluxing. Light Addict is the connoisseur of this method and is always very active in others journals.

Below is a picture of what a flux would look like about a month before flipping to flower, and then at the end of flowering.

And here are some journals that currently have fluxes going.

Mr Am4zin's Flux

Dert Mcgert's Flux

Light Addict's Fluxing Central

image21466.jpg

image26629.jpg

I am currently mainlining 2 Medicann Blue Bloods and have a grow journal with pics just click the link below. When mainlining I shoot for 8 large colas a plant, fluxing seems to be a lot higher number and I'm not sure the outcome is any better than the large 8 colas...but if you do a google search on nugbucket mainlining first hit will take you to how he does it, I do a slight variation on it as also described in his thread as well....

Argh....wish I did more research :oops:

Fluxing....who knew? (Not me:tokin:)

I just started researching now because after going at it after the 3rd node on one of my white widow photo's, I'm thinking this veg period is going to be pretty long before I get to 8 colas. I wish the other plant was an auto.

Glad I can read up on everyone's flux grows!:Namaste:

Hello everyone, I'm trying my first mainlining/manifold/fluxing... (why are there so many names for one thing lol) for the first time. My goal was to make 8 colas, but I got a little confused reading two different techniques and wound up making 16 cola sections (at least I think). Can someone please take a look at my "Raspberry Cough KINDSOIL" journal found in my signature (pics on last post dated today) and let me know if I'm doing it correctly, or if there's anything else I should be doing? Again, please be gentle this is my first time doing one. Thank you.

i got a 25% increase of yield and i did everything wrong so :D yea it works! the biggest advantage to lst training is... well trimming is like trimming 12/12 from seed plants but they are topped and trained :p

Alright so is main lining similar to using a scrog net? Would I need to do both? Everybody keeps throwing links around to post that are years old. Let's revive this one.

20210223_075835.jpg

Back
Top Bottom