Maintaining humidity & temp

The70’s

I read about conditions my 4x4 tent will need to be in if i want any kind of success in my first grow.
So i get a heater that has a thermostat, and a dehumidifier that can also be set to a given humidity, then i suck it all out with a filter equiped inline duct fan.
How does one go about balancing out this task. I understand over time i’ll futz around and get it, but in the meantime how do you do it, thanx !

Step by step. Don't overthink it. I don't know your setup but, the heater and dehumidifier run when your lights are off. They probably require two separate timers for them. You could run the dehumidifier when lights are on, set to a given point. But, keep in mind that they put off a lot of heat so you'll need to manage that if so.

The inline fan runs when your lights are on to cycle the air. Don't really need that lights off.

What's your question or concern? Keep asking questions there's no harm in that. More you ask and learn now the less you'll need to learn when it matters. And like most things, once you do it you'll find the balance....

I read about conditions my 4x4 tent will need to be in if i want any kind of success in my first grow.
So i get a heater that has a thermostat, and a dehumidifier that can also be set to a given humidity, then i suck it all out with a filter equiped inline duct fan.
How does one go about balancing out this task. I understand over time i’ll futz around and get it, but in the meantime how do you do it, thanx !
Hi The 70's, that's what I do. Too damp, more de-humidifier. Too dry, more. It's the hard part depending where you live and it's conditions. Thinking ahead like you are now is about all I can think to do to prepare, then jump in, the water's fine. Nice avatar! That is the 70's for me.

what is your ambient temp, humdity...
are you in a legal state?...do you need stealth? what strains do you want to grow?
some kind of success can be had with nothing but light. water, air and food unless environment is very harsh, these are weeds.

Waiting on legal rec use and growing permission, soon i hope.....
Its gonna be in a clean stable basement.

You make a good point, im gonna get a temp/humidity gauge/meter and see where i am.

Thats interesting.
do you leave the oscillating fans on timers too ?

I just switch a fan on manually once in a while ... to stimulate the stem a bit, switch if off next time I check in . Other than surrounding the plant with white painted reflector walls we are good with RH >30 and temps >68 and <90F. The main thing is to insure good drainage, space for roots, proper nutrition and ph varying anywhere between5.7 to 6.5 ... less is more when it comes to water and nutes.

I just switch a fan on manually once in a while .......The main thing is to insure good drainage, space for roots, proper nutrition and ph varying anywhere between5.7 to 6.5 ... less is more when it comes to water and nutes.

Thanx. Im hearing less is more as to watering and nutrients, this freakin place is such a wealth of info:cool:

I started growing last spring. Every season and change of the weather has required me to make changes to mantain a proper environment. Running more fans vs. less fans, running extra heat vs. AC, running humidifier vs dehumidifier, running 400w vs 1000w, just to make these plants happy. Hopefully I prepared myself and learned from last year.

I started growing last spring. Every season and change of the weather has required me to make changes to mantain a proper environment. Running more fans vs. less fans, running extra heat vs. AC, running humidifier vs dehumidifier, running 400w vs 1000w, just to make these plants happy. Hopefully I prepared myself and learned from last year.

I had a feeling it was like juggling, and depending how many balls ya got in the air Lol, you painted quite a picture.

“Just to make these plants happy” says it all !

Hi The 70's, that's what I do. Too damp, more de-humidifier. Too dry, more. It's the hard part depending where you live and it's conditions. Thinking ahead like you are now is about all I can think to do to prepare, then jump in, the water's fine. Nice avatar! That is the 70's for me.

Thats what i figured, just “bob & weave” Lol.

The Avatar is one of my subwoofers, they rock :0)

Thats what i figured, just “bob & weave” Lol.

The Avatar is one of my subwoofers, they rock :0)
Like others have said, yup. Having the equipment is key, or knowing alternative ways. There's folk here that can do incredible things with very little. They find ways to get by. We're all relative like that I think.

Ok, can we agree on a relative humidity during vegge, i seem to have found a great way to gain some control over temp and humidity, pretty simple, fan on the input fan on the output..

So whats it gonna be, the strain is PunchCake, a hybrid.

Here’s where im at
1657425155457.png

We do what we can with it. It's very difficult to maintain bullseye RH through a grow. I've never been able to do it here either. Sometimes I try. No plant pics?🦦

Welcome to my first grow, gotta check out the pic of my poor plant, bright red! and lime green! leaves, i was doing my best to kill it, but it survived Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom