Major Catastrophy!

CadillacMike

I am fully bunmed out fellas. Yesterday my power went out for an hour or so during the flowering ladies sleep cycle so it was no biggie. Well i reset the timer to the proper time when they were to come on and it did. Still i thought no biggie. today i went into my garden before the lights were to come on and to my suprise they were still on. Almost 24 hours of light week 4 into flower and week 7 into the soil plant. WTF!!!! I forgot to press the button on the timer to set it. OMG!! I think i just stressed the f@CK OUT OF THEM AND THINK ALL IS ruined. should i leave them off for another 24 hours and let them resume light tommorow on their scheduled time, or am i totally screwed. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Re: Major Catastrophy!!!

I am full bunmed out fellas. Yesterday my power went out for an hour or so during the flowering ladies sleep cycle so it was no biggie. Well i reset the timer to the proper time when they were to come on and it did. Still i thought no biggie. today i went into my garden before the lights were to come on and to my suprise they were still on. Almost 24 hours of light week 4 into flower and week 7 into the soil plant. WTF!!!! I forgot to press the button on the timer to set it. OMG!! I think i just stressed the f@CK OUT OF THEM AND THINK ALL IS ruined. should i leave them off for another 24 hours and let them resume light tommorow on their scheduled time, or am i totally screwed. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
relax...take a :bong: continue your schedule your fine...PitViper says "so it shall be written...so it shall be done"

My lights were suppose to come on at 7pm and I went in the garden at 530 pm and they were still on. So they were on for almost 23 hours. I shut them off and plan on leaving them off until tomorrows sheduled time. So they wll be sleeping for about 24 hours when it's all said and done tommorow.

I appreciate your reply pitviper, I'm just superstressed out about the whole mishap right now. I feel like I just wasted so much possible time in effort in all of this.

Is it possible fr them to pull through this and not turn hermie?

My lights were suppose to come on at 7pm and I went in the garden at 530 pm and they were still on. So they were on for almost 23 hours. I shut them off and plan on leaving them off until tomorrows sheduled time. So they wll be sleeping for about 24 hours when it's all said and done tommorow.

I appreciate your reply pitviper, I'm just superstressed out about the whole mishap right now. I feel like I just wasted so much possible time in effort in all of this.

Is it possible fr them to pull through this and not turn hermie?
is it possible...sure anything is possible..but not likely..just dont do it any more:goodluck:

Hey pitviper im not sure i understnd you bro. Did you mean that it IS likely they will turn hermie or did you mean it IS NOT likely they will hermie on me?

I know that they hermie if they dont sleep long enough or if they are exposed to light then back to darkness, but its not really what happened so im just trying to understnd it.

Thanks Pit!

It takes a few days of that to change the plant hormones. They won't hermie from a single incident.

Days of high temps, high humidity, poor nutrtion and such.....that will cause hermies.

Thanks for chiming in Doc.

Is letting them sleep until tommorow for 24 hours a bad idea in anyones opinion or should i have let the light go for 36 hours on?

i know this is a lot of questions, just trying to asess any damage control at this point.

Thanks for chiming in Doc.

Is letting them sleep until tommorow for 24 hours a bad idea in anyones opinion or should i have let the light go for 36 hours on?

i know this is a lot of questions, just trying to asess any damage control at this point.

I would not let them have 36 hours on. Just let them in the dark until you can resume the normal light cycle. Tell the young ladies that there was an eclipse and that everything will be fine. :goodluck:

I've talked to people who have tried as hard as they could to get plants to go hermie.....and it ain't easy.

On the other hand, some Sativa's hermie normally. They still smoke good though.

Don't sweat it, bro. Just do whatever you can to keep the rest of your grow stress free for the plants.

I would not let them have 36 hours on. Just let them in the dark until you can resume the normal light cycle. Tell the young ladies that there was an eclipse and that everything will be fine. :goodluck:

I've talked to people who have tried as hard as they could to get plants to go hermie.....and it ain't easy.

On the other hand, some Sativa's hermie normally. They still smoke good though.

Don't sweat it, bro. Just do whatever you can to keep the rest of your grow stress free for the plants.

Thanks alot doc.

I hope that they feel the same way about the light as you do, lol. I guess ill have to keep an eye out for bannanas. My soil plant is on day 51 flower and looks great. and the others are on day 28. God i hope they do ok!

I think you will be fine bro your plants look better than mine and I have sent my plants through the rookie blender multiple times and they still keep coming back for more. Just think positive and I am sure the plants will too.

SG

I would let them sleep until tomorrow. They do most of their growing in the dark anyways. You can always get seeds by turning the lights out for about 3 to 4 days when you go from veg to flowering. But that isn't going to happened. Just stay positive and have fun. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom