Major root rot please help asap!

MWJ420

420 Member
I have an 18 gal tote in DWC with 4 blueberry auto's. I will be moving 2 of them to another tote today. I had some light discoloration Two days ago. Since then I have did a done a res. change with adding Botanicare Hydroguard, 2ml/gal. I am using General hydroponics Flora series performance pack for nutrients . My Reyes temperature is only highside at 70° Fahrenheit . Today the root rot has spread to all my plants and my roots or turning dark brown . For some reason the root rot has spread to all my plants and has gotten way worse over the last 24 hours. I don't know what else to do . I thought the Hydroguard would help the problem but something else is wrong . Should I do another complete res change and start over . My plants look great no signs of stress at all . The roots are so dark I know problems are coming . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .thanks so much

I have an 18 gal tote in DWC with 4 blueberry auto's. I will be moving 2 of them to another tote today. I had some light discoloration Two days ago. Since then I have did a done a res. change with adding Botanicare Hydroguard, 2ml/gal. I am using General hydroponics Flora series performance pack for nutrients . My Reyes temperature is only highside at 70° Fahrenheit . Today the root rot has spread to all my plants and my roots or turning dark brown . For some reason the root rot has spread to all my plants and has gotten way worse over the last 24 hours. I don't know what else to do . I thought the Hydroguard would help the problem but something else is wrong . Should I do another complete res change and start over . My plants look great no signs of stress at all . The roots are so dark I know problems are coming . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .thanks so much
Maybe it is just getting stained from the nutes

I'm on my 2nd dwc grow and it's going great. First thing I would do is transplant them into individual buckets, 3or5 gal. I use Home Depot buckets with 6" net pots. Better to lose 1 to root rot then all of them. Make sure you have plenty of air in the water. My res temps are constantly going into the high 70s.

Take the top of the tot off and see if theres a water line. If your roots are lighter in color above the water line it's probably just stained. The flora blend is a bit dark. Feel your roots. If there slimy and smell like death then I would clone em and start over. It's easier then trying to get rid of it.
Best of luck.

Thank for the prompt responses. My lights are currently off but I did use my green light to check them and the roots actually have no smell at all. They did not feel very slick either. As far as the water line I could not tell too much but the water is only about 3/4" below my pots. With just the green light it was hard to tell. My dark cycle ends in 2 1/2 hrs. I am about to start filling my 2nd tote for the other two now. I really don't know how that will help. Also; I did put a 20oz frozen bottle of water in the res. Temps have dropped to 64*. Normally they do slightly fall during the dark cycle anyway. I did the solution I mixed 48hrs ago was ALOT darker. I was mixing 1/4 strength and increased to half since they are fully vegging now. As I said there are no signs and actually I had a good bit of growth since yesterday. I hope they are only stained. The floralicious + is extremely dark and thick. I did add Hydroguard also. I am about to post some pics if I can fig. out posting pics right quick

Sounds like stained roots to me. If you got good looking new growth I wouldn't worry to much. And keep in mind that hydrogaurd will kill all bacteria including beneficial bacteria. I personally wouldn't use it unless there is a problem.
Happy grow.

Back
Top Bottom