Making a plant bushy?

old_smokey9483

I need to know how to grow one plant very bushy and not so tall right away. It's 1 foot and 4 1/2 inches. I got flouros on them. I lost a lot of the bottom leaves due to the spider mite invasion. I heard putting a screen over it will make it shorter and more bushy. Or is there clippings I can do?

you can also tie twine or thin rope around it and stake it to the ground so it is leaning horizontally. Thats what I did and now its lower to the ground and its got more girth now than height.

If I were you, I wouldn't cut the top, I could never do that to my baby lol

Yeah everything I've read says that you can top your plant up to a week into flowering. Personal experience, limited as it is, says don't top once you start flowering. I topped my hydro grow and it shut down for like a week, it didn't hurt it really, it just stopped growing or developing for a week.

I've become a big fan of the tieing over. I tied over both of my plants and they have spread out sooo much. It's pretty crazy my older plant looks like it's 3 or 4 plants rather than just one. I think it is definititely making my lower branches, which normally would yield small amounts, into big time producers. I definitely recomend it. I used heavy duty electrical wire because I don't actually tie it to the plant just create a hook with the end of the wire so the plant can continue to grow normally, whithout being constricted by something tied aroung the branch. You can see it in my grow journal if you are interested. :peace: and good luck with your grow.

well i have been triming my flowerd plant and i have been making great results cuz i have 3 more stems growing out already and its only been about a week or two, and its all cuz i toped my flower (or at least half of it). and the color of it is green and it has red on the stems. do yo uthink you could tell me what type of bread it is?

yeah, this is my second grow and i thought I would try it out, and it has turned out beautiful so far. I have 4 or 5 main colas I think. I'm just worried about the lower branches because I dunno if they get much light cuz my bitch is bushy as hell. We'll see.

old_smokey9483 said:
I need to know how to grow one plant very bushy and not so tall right away. It's 1 foot and 4 1/2 inches. I got flouros on them. I lost a lot of the bottom leaves due to the spider mite invasion. I heard putting a screen over it will make it shorter and more bushy. Or is there clippings I can do?

I found that what makes the plant become more bushy is how close you put light to it - if u use MH400 very close (8inches) they will keep growing bushy and low,
if you put it more far (13-15inches) they will grow higher and stretch.
(perhaps its light/heat ratio) :hmmmm:

so i want to top my plant so i can have 2 or more main colas, its about 5 inches tall so where do i cut, like how much from the top?
here is the picture of it:
IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

Tieing the plant over is a favorite for me especially OUTSIDE because it makes the Plant look differnt then what people would normally expect if they were snooping and More Tops.:smokin3:

i start LST training when the plant is at its 4th node and tie it down thru the whole grow NEVER topping .. just keep the canopy even and the plant will treat each cola like its the main one and growth, potentcy and density will be virtually the same...to get it a little more robust you can add a peice of chicken wire, trellis, or even put a milk crate over it when you go to bloom.
like it was mentioned those plants are gonna wanna grow str8 up and can increase height by 3 X so give em enough space to BUSH out...
i did 3 blueberryXwidow's this way .. vegged em for 60 daze flowered for 75 and they took up a 2.5X3 ft area n gave me 8.6 oz in the end....
LST stands for Low Stress Training... topping the plant is the most traumatic thing you can do to it...BE KIND...:allgood:

Back
Top Bottom