Making Canna-Coconut oil 4 1st time

McIDDI

So, decarbing some bud that I didn't like (1/8 marked simply "chz") at 220 in oven for 25 min. When it is done, gonna take it out and let it cool while I run to the store for soy lecithin and brownie mix.

Then I planned to use whatever amt of oil the brownie recipe calls for, grind the decarbed bud, add it to the oil, add some soy lecithin, and put it in my cheapo ten dollar crock pot I got at BiMart and let it cook at low for about 8 hours. That gonna be long enough to process the oil properly? Some posts said 6 hours, some said 24... Figured I would try 8, then let it sit at warm overnight and make brownies tomorrow. I also have a portable induction cooktop, maybe I should use that to cook with, since I can set it at the exact temp to cook. Hmm... Thinking this would be better than the crock pot. ???

How weak/strong should I expect the brownies to be using only a quarter?

I will be disappointed if it doesn't work, but as I did NOT care for the effects of this strain vaped, figure no major loss, as I wouldn't have used it anymore (woulda just gave it away to a friend) so I really don't have much to lose.

Anybody see any glaring mistakes in my oil making plan?

Hmm.. Ten min into the decarb and my house smells goooooood! Not super stinky, just pleasantly perfumed air. Nice.

Eh- never mind about the induction burner, just realized the only induction compatible pots and pans I have are huge- big ass wok, big frying pan, dutch oven, etc. might have to look into a small compatible pot for oil making, but for now, slow cooker is gonna have to do.

Cooked on low for 20 hours total. Oil was dark, strained out the plant matter. It still smelled mostly of coconut, to me. Anyway, made the brownies... Delicious! Slightly coconutty taste didn't taste like weed to me at all. Cut it into 9 pcs, and had one. Too much for me (so high I kept losing the plot of a South Park episode) so today I had a half- perfect. Really lovely high, happy as hell and laughed myself stupid at stuff I know wasn't really all that damn funny, which was EXACTLY the happy ass mood I was looking for. Awesome. Rather enjoying the hell out of my first whack at edibles. :thumb:

Cooked on low for 20 hours total. Oil was dark, strained out the plant matter. It still smelled mostly of coconut, to me. Anyway, made the brownies... Delicious! Slightly coconutty taste didn't taste like weed to me at all. Cut it into 9 pcs, and had one. Too much for me (so high I kept losing the plot of a South Park episode) so today I had a half- perfect. Really lovely high, happy as hell and laughed myself stupid at stuff I know wasn't really all that damn funny, which was EXACTLY the happy ass mood I was looking for. Awesome. Rather enjoying the hell out of my first whack at edibles. :thumb:

Very awesome man, have a pound or so of butter left and about a 1/2 pound of butter mixed with chocolate so cookies brownies, or whatever it is fun and that is the cool part, Peace OG

Back
Top Bottom