Making Cannabis oil - What about the leftovers?

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum after a few months of reading through, I decided to join up!

Basically I’m making concentrated cannabis oil for medical reasons using the ‘how to’ guide on here. The results on the oil are great and really easy to do but what I want to know is, is there anything I can do with the leftovers?

What I’m left with is a powder which gets collected in the coffee filters which almost looks identical to the crystals you find in the bottom of a grinder (but a hell of a lot more of it)

Also the bud that is left after washing with alcohol.

Could I make edibles or anything out of this stuff? A friend of mine mentioned maybe making butter with the powder that’s left?

I’m unsure wheather any of it will be any good as I’m thinking I’ve already washed all the canabinoids out with the alcohol?

Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

There is usually still some kick in the left overs. My understanding is there is possibly 15% still remaining after the last flush. I used some and brewed up a tea (just hot water and then filtered again with coffee filter). 1/2 a cup and I was couch locked for hours.

I would think you could bake with them (may be a bit gritty).

I've also seen some folks that grind it up with their oil and then load into gelatin capsules to make Cannabis Pills

Roughly how much (I’m guessing the bud part and not the powder) did you use to make tea?
Like if I was to make just one cup of tea would I use safe roughly the same amount and a normal tea bag or a bit more?
Thanks

In my case I took all of the muck (for use of a better word) that I had strained off in a coffee filter - tied it up and just soaked in a pint of hot water like a giant tea bag. It is best to start with a small amount and wait a couple hours before taking any more. I kept the leftover tea in the refrigerator and just microwaved to heat.

In my case I took all of the muck (for use of a better word) that I had strained off in a coffee filter - tied it up and just soaked in a pint of hot water like a giant tea bag. It is best to start with a small amount and wait a couple hours before taking any more. I kept the leftover tea in the refrigerator and just microwaved to heat.

So, how would you describe the taste of the tea? Seems like you could add additional teas to change the flavor.

Back
Top Bottom