420 Magazine Background

Making Coconut Oil

So I've smoked over the years. Made a few attempts at butter. But I'm not too into edibles and medicine.

But I have a dog with an issue on his face I want to use coconut oil on and want to infuse it. (dry losing hair, but only in one spot and no one seems to know from what) Recommendations on the best process and should it be more cbd infused? Need some direction as I am not cannabis technical over here

Bill284

Member of the Month: Mar 2021 - Grow Journal of the Month: April 2021
So I've smoked over the years. Made a few attempts at butter. But I'm not too into edibles and medicine.

But I have a dog with an issue on his face I want to use coconut oil on and want to infuse it. (dry losing hair, but only in one spot and no one seems to know from what) Recommendations on the best process and should it be more cbd infused? Need some direction as I am not cannabis technical over here
You can infuse your decarbed pot directly into the coconut oil. A crock pot on low with oil water and your pot will do the trick. 18 to 24 hrs at a temp between
170 and 190 F will work. I can give you more assistance if you need. I make at least 4 L a month, for various ailments its great. :thumb:

SmokingWings

It is easy to make. I use the oven to decarb the weed. I put the weed into a oven safe container and the temperature range @Bill284 mentions works great. The coconut oil melts quickly. Only question is how much pot to put into the coconut oil.

I have come across a few recipes and started using 1gram of bud, or sugar leaf or those small popcorn buds to each 15 ml of melted coconut oil. The oven is turned off at night and gets turned on again in the morning. The mix will stay in the oven until it has had 24 to 28 hours of low heat.

You might want to strain it to get the ground up weed out but if the dog does not care you can save a step. I strain it to keep the wife, daughter and anyone else happy. Works great for arthritis and damaged joints and muscles.

Top Bottom